Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on February 15, 2013
I bought three of these, and tested them all at once.

First I put hot tap water into them for a minute or so. The water was 115 degrees as indicated by a Taylor Digital Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer. I opted not to use boiling water for the pre-heat because that seemed too much of a burden to make a routine.

I then put in boiling-hot water, which was verified as 212 degrees F, again using the Taylor Digital Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer.

I sealed all three jars. The room temp in the kitchen was 65 degrees F - just a bit colder than "room temperature."

After exactly three hours, I opened one of them, and the water was 152 degrees F.

After exactly four hours, I opened the second one, and the water was 147 degrees F.

After exactly five hours, I opened the third one, and the water was 138 degrees F.

I also did a real food test - using Progresso Light Beef Soup. First I filled the Foogo with 116 degree tap water and let the cover sit on it while I microwaved the soup for 4 minutes. The soup pretty much refused to get over 180 F, so I did not have high hopes for it staying hot for a full 5 hours.

After 5 hours, the soup was 126 degrees. Eating it was not what I would call hot, but it was as warm as our dinner often is by the time the kids settle down and we actually start eating. My wife tried it, and thought it was fine. So 5 hours is doable, but is a practical limit.

Conclusion - the product works as claimed and the food will stay hot for five hours if it starts out boiling hot, the jar is at least minimally pre-warmed with hot water from a tap, and the jar is stored at room temp.

If boiling hot food is cold after an hour as a few have said, you should exchange it for another one - probably didn't have the vacuum seal.
862 helpful votes
863 helpful votes
88 comments|Report abuse
on September 15, 2016
Great quality. This little thermos is perfect for my 6 year old daughters lunch box. I used it this week for Mac n cheese it was the perfect size and my daughter said it was still warm 4 hours after it was packed. Easy enough for her to open and close by herself too.
review imagereview image
67 helpful votes
68 helpful votes
on January 16, 2011
I dont know what I could be doing wrong. I tried this 5 times in 2 days and was very dissapointed. I am really stressing trying to find a good thermos that works for my daughter at day care. I dont microwave any of her food so I want to give her warm options at daycare. I read all the great reviews and thought this would be perfect. I boiled water put it in the cup for 12 minutes. Heated the pasta to very hot and after dumping the water out of the thermos immediately put the pasta in so I would not let any heat escape. I screwed the lid on tight and made sure it was on properly. 3 hours later the pasta is cold. What am I doing wrong?? It must be me since so many people have had good experiences. There are 4 hours between when I make lunch and my daughter eats there is no way this would stay warm for that long. I think maybe liquids would stay warm in this but not regular foods. Did I just get a faulty thermos? I really wanted to keep this its really cute to. My sister said stainless steel thermos's never worked for her either, maybe I will try the plastic insulated kind.

REVIEW UPDATE 1/21/11
Instead of returning this item I had amazon replace it. I figured since so many people on so many websites gave this a good review that there must have been an issue with my food jar. I am not entirely convinced that every reviewers food jar worked I really doubt some tested it before they sent there child out with it. But like a said I ordered a replacement tested it last night 1/20/10 and it 4 hours later the food was still quite warm, perfect temperature for my 1 year old. So I think that maybe my original food jar had a faulty vacuum which if it fails will not keep food warm. I plan on testing it a few more times over the weekend before sending her out with it but it was warm at 2 hours and warm at 4 hours. My first food jar didnt even keep the food warm for an hour.

Review update: 7/10/17

3 kids later this is still going strong. I have bought several versions since the original and they all work great. This is the only brand I have found that keeps the food warm for long periods of time. I always test a new thermos a di always make sure to heat it up.
1,448 helpful votes
1,449 helpful votes
1818 comments|Report abuse
on October 5, 2017
I tested it with hot water when I received it. 6 hours later the water is still really hot. That's more than enough time to keep my son's lunch hot until he eats it. The silicon grip on the lid helps opening it easily for a little kid. Im happy with it.
I read about mold growing on the rubber seal on the lid, so I got a straw brush to wash the rim of the lid and let it air dry completely after every use.
2 helpful votes
on October 25, 2017
My son used it for the first time for lunch yesterday and it was a success! For reference this thermos will hold about 3/4 of a can of Chef Boy R Dee. Wish it was a tiny bit larger because my middle schooler could eat the whole can. I just packed him some Veggie Straws to go with it and he was happy. He said it was still warm when it was lunch time and he liked it so much that he has already asked me to buy him more spaghetti so he can bring it for lunch again.
on September 25, 2017
This is a great thermos. I've been using it daily for the month to transport milk every morning to work. The milk stays cold, and the screw-on top has creates a seal. The thermos has a sturdy feel to it.

My only caveat: It's not very big. If you put, say, soup in there, it would be more a cup than a bowl. But if you're looking for a smallish thermos, this is a great one.
on July 25, 2017
I purchased this for my son's lunches at camp. It's outside all day in the heat and it keeps his fresh fruit nice and cold all day. I have also packed warm lunches in it for him. It stays warm all day even packed inside his lunch box containing an ice pack. Love this.
on April 8, 2017
Works exactly as advertised, easy to clean, perfect for both of my kids lunches! So far I've sent mac-&-cheese, pasta alla vodka, and rice with broccoli and meatballs and they've all stayed warm and were huge hits with the kids. Now my husband wants one of these, too!
on November 13, 2017
Wife said its pretty good. Thats really all I needed to know because her opinion is my opinion. She likes to make baby food and put it in here for his lunch. Poor kid. But it does its job. Keeps hot things hot! Definitely recommended it to anyone who hates eating cold stuff thats supposed to be hot.
on November 6, 2017
Just what we needed. Stays warm at least 5 hours. Does not leak. Some have complained of mold in the lid but i clean mine with a pipe cleaner that came with some stainless steel straws. Don't forget about it in the car with food in it for an extended period and it won't mold. Just a suggestion.