Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,887 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,070 reviews
on February 15, 2013
I bought three of these, and tested them all at once.

First I put hot tap water into them for a minute or so. The water was 115 degrees as indicated by a Taylor Digital Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer. I opted not to use boiling water for the pre-heat because that seemed too much of a burden to make a routine.

I then put in boiling-hot water, which was verified as 212 degrees F, again using the Taylor Digital Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer.

I sealed all three jars. The room temp in the kitchen was 65 degrees F - just a bit colder than "room temperature."

After exactly three hours, I opened one of them, and the water was 152 degrees F.

After exactly four hours, I opened the second one, and the water was 147 degrees F.

After exactly five hours, I opened the third one, and the water was 138 degrees F.

I also did a real food test - using Progresso Light Beef Soup. First I filled the Foogo with 116 degree tap water and let the cover sit on it while I microwaved the soup for 4 minutes. The soup pretty much refused to get over 180 F, so I did not have high hopes for it staying hot for a full 5 hours.

After 5 hours, the soup was 126 degrees. Eating it was not what I would call hot, but it was as warm as our dinner often is by the time the kids settle down and we actually start eating. My wife tried it, and thought it was fine. So 5 hours is doable, but is a practical limit.

Conclusion - the product works as claimed and the food will stay hot for five hours if it starts out boiling hot, the jar is at least minimally pre-warmed with hot water from a tap, and the jar is stored at room temp.

If boiling hot food is cold after an hour as a few have said, you should exchange it for another one - probably didn't have the vacuum seal.
66 comments| 747 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2011
I dont know what I could be doing wrong. I tried this 5 times in 2 days and was very dissapointed. I am really stressing trying to find a good thermos that works for my daughter at day care. I dont microwave any of her food so I want to give her warm options at daycare. I read all the great reviews and thought this would be perfect. I boiled water put it in the cup for 12 minutes. Heated the pasta to very hot and after dumping the water out of the thermos immediately put the pasta in so I would not let any heat escape. I screwed the lid on tight and made sure it was on properly. 3 hours later the pasta is cold. What am I doing wrong?? It must be me since so many people have had good experiences. There are 4 hours between when I make lunch and my daughter eats there is no way this would stay warm for that long. I think maybe liquids would stay warm in this but not regular foods. Did I just get a faulty thermos? I really wanted to keep this its really cute to. My sister said stainless steel thermos's never worked for her either, maybe I will try the plastic insulated kind.

REVIEW UPDATE 1/21/11
Instead of returning this item I had amazon replace it. I figured since so many people on so many websites gave this a good review that there must have been an issue with my food jar. I am not entirely convinced that every reviewers food jar worked I really doubt some tested it before they sent there child out with it. But like a said I ordered a replacement tested it last night 1/20/10 and it 4 hours later the food was still quite warm, perfect temperature for my 1 year old. So I think that maybe my original food jar had a faulty vacuum which if it fails will not keep food warm. I plan on testing it a few more times over the weekend before sending her out with it but it was warm at 2 hours and warm at 4 hours. My first food jar didnt even keep the food warm for an hour.

Review update: 7/10/17

3 kids later this is still going strong. I have bought several versions since the original and they all work great. This is the only brand I have found that keeps the food warm for long periods of time. I always test a new thermos a di always make sure to heat it up.
1818 comments| 1,341 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2017
This is smaller than my other insulated food jar and that's one of the things I like about it! This is perfect for holding a single serving of something (soup, veggies, etc) for a meal. It does a good job at keeping the food warm for a long period of time. There are definitely options out that that can keep food pipping hot for longer, but for the small portion size, I'm only interested in keep my food warm enough for my next meal which is usually less than 7 hours from whenever I packed my food. Given that, I have no issues with it.
on June 24, 2017
I bought this to transport home made blended food for my tube fed son. We used it for the first time yesterday. I heated up his meal and put it in the thermos. 2 hours later when we opened the thermos to feed him it had cooled down considerably. I even prepped the thermos with hot water so it would be hot when I added the food. I worry about the safety of the food if it can't be kept at consistent temperature.
I purchased a straw cup for my daughter that was the same brand. It also doesn't keep things at temperature.
on March 29, 2017
Not as happy with this as I thought I would be. I needed a smaller thermos to put into my husband's lunch for hot vegetables. I heated everything up as per instructions. My husband doesn't like his food to be real hot when he eats anyway so I was hoping that his green beans would at least be warm. Nope he says they were cold. I have the Thermos King Food jars(16 and 24 oz). and love them. But I really need something smaller than 16 oz. Maybe better for holding something like salad.
on April 11, 2017
It doesn't really maintain the heat as I would like it to. It says on the packaging that it holds the heat for at least five hours. Not quite that long. By the time my daughter eats her lunch (around 11:30, when her food has been in it for four), her container with her food is at best, coo, but not quite cold. I have yet to find a container that can keep food hot for her. The container is easy to open for her, and it will keep food cold.
on June 29, 2017
I bought two of these for my 3 year old son to bring to preschool in his lunchbox with his chicken nuggets and mac and cheese since he's a picky eater. They keep everything perfectly warm until lunch time and the size is perfect, too. I will be buying more.
on June 16, 2017
I love this thermos...I ended up buying another one! I put my daughters food in it at 6:00 and 11:45 it's still hot! I'm so glad I have a way of getting her hot lunches. I only wish they would make one a little larger. Although it does hold plenty for a child.
on August 16, 2017
This thing is awesome. My daughter likes to take chef boyardee for lunch and this keeps her food warm. I pack her lunch at 7 am and by 11 when she eats she says it's still warm...not piping hot but warm, which is actually what I was needing.

It cleans so well in dishwasher. I have no complaints. Haven't tried it with cold foods/drink yet but it sure it works well fur that too!
on July 26, 2017
Wish I had gotten one of these sooner. Does a fantastic job of keeping foods at the proper temperature. I've kept hot food in the container for hours and it's still hot when I take it out. Great for traveling or when you have errands to run before heading to a restaurant with a little one. Will definitely be ordereing a second so I can have a designated hot and cold one.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.