Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle, Sofia The First
|Price:||$29.95 + $2.99 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, not for use with hot liquids
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Hygienic push button lid with pop-up straw and integrated carry handle
- Keeps cold 12 hours
- 12 ounce capacity; hand washing recommended
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal insulation efficiency, preheat (Food Jar only) or pre-chill (Food Jar and Bottles) the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- THERMOS L.L.C. warrants this Genuine THERMOS Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our webiste for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Push Button Straw Bottle
1. Remove lid (A) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Press the push-button (A1) on the lid (A) to open lid cover (A2).
3. Using your thumbs, push sipper straw (B) downward through lid (A).
4. Pull the straw stem (C) out of bottom of sipper straw (B).
5. Wash all parts separately and re-assemble.
6. Fill container with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for the lid (A) and straw stem (C), to avoid overflow.
7. Replace lid (A) by twisting clockwise.
8. To drink, press the push-button (A1) located on the lid (A) to release the lid cover (A2) and reveal the drink opening.
9. When finished drinking, close the lid cover (A2) until it snaps securely into place.
Note: A worn sipper straw (B) may cause the product to leak. Check sipper straw (B) regularly and replace immediately if damaged or worn.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove top, or in any type of oven.
- Not For Use With Hot Liquids: For cold liquids only. Hot liquids may cause burns or scald user.
- Use only with adult supervision. To avoid possible injury, do not let child walk or run with product.
- To avoid possible injury, do not let child chew on the soft material of the straw (if present) as it may present a choking hazard.
- Check straw (if present) regularly for tears and replace immediately if damaged or worn.
- Continuous and prolonged sucking of fluids such as fruit juices or flavored sugary drinks may cause tooth decay.
- Never leave child unattended while using this product.
- Always test temperature of food or liquid before consuming and before feeding to your child.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid, straw (if present) and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through stopper when stopper is closed (if applicable to product). Missing, worn or misaligned gaskets may cause product to leak.
THERMOS products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 100 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters. THERMOS brand products offer superior cold retention that keeps beverages cool and delicious for hours, and the 12 ounce FUNtainer Straw Bottle is no exception. THERMOS vacuum insulation technology virtually eliminates temperature change within the beverage container by creating an airless space between two stainless steel walls. The result is an insulation layer that performs better than any other. A superior insulated container you can depend on to keep your child’s beverages colder, fresher, longer. This hydration bottle keeps beverages cold up to 12 hours – more than 10 times longer than an ordinary plastic water bottle. Constructed with double wall stainless steel, this 12 ounce straw bottle is virtually unbreakable and built to withstand the demands of everyday use. Featuring a hygienic, push-button lid, this straw bottle is easy to open and drink from. Also included on the lid is an integrated, flip-up carrying loop. The THERMOS FUNtainer Straw Bottle comes equipped with a breakaway lid designed to simply snap off if accidentally dropped while the lid is open. The lid can then be easily snapped back into place, making this a great, worry-free choice for parents and kids alike. In order to maximize the incredible insulation technology, it is recommended to pre-chill the bottle just prior to use. This can be accomplished by filling the bottle with cold tap water, attaching the lid and letting it rest for a few minutes. Before you are ready to use, simply empty the water and fill with your favorite beverage. Attaching the lid will further increase the thermal efficiency. The FUNtainer Straw Bottle is made of BPA-free materials and is backed by a five-year limited warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I guess I had been living under a rock because I had never seen these Funtainer Thermos' before and am so happy I came across them!
I was originally going to buy her a Hyrdoflask since mine works so well but came across these just in time...which worked out so much better for her!
The fun designs alone are great. She was thrilled to see R2D2 (Any chance there's a BB8 out...or will be out? We would totally but it!). I always handwash it, so it's still in great shape so far.
We have only used it for water/ice water so far...so I have no experience with how well it holds up for smoothies and all. I can tell you that when school first started it was 100 degrees outside and it kept ice cold water for around 2 hours (I had left it outside but didn't think to try it any longer). My daughter said by the time she had recess and lunch, she would go to fill it up and the ice was melted...but would still keep her water cool for the bus ride home which was a plus!
Now that it is fall, there is still ice in it when she gets home...some melts but she usually refills it with water at least once during her day.
We haven't had any problems with leaking but like I mentioned we have only used it for water so I can't speak for other liquids.
As I mentioned in the title, I'd order an extra straw just in case...the first day of my daughter taking it to school, she went Cujo and chewed up like half of it...I don't think she ate any pieces (at least we hoped not👀😯) because there were just holes and little flaps of straw dangling off😂😳 I cut off the half that was mauled and just had her use it that way, still works lol but I plan on ordering the replacement pack at some point.
I also ordered the hot pink and, like R2D2, I hand wash it and it's in great shape.
The lid buttons are still working great and it's the perfect size for my little kindergartener!
Also, the price is really not much more than a lot of the plastic bottles, which is nice.
Very happy and will buy more in the future!
I only wish they sold these in more solid colors!!!
These cups are great for every day use. We use them at home in order to cut down on the number of plastic cups sitting on the counter. With there being so many design options, it is easy for each child to know which cup is theirs.
A little tip: I have read one review that talked about mildew under the lid. I have never had a problem with that even after one was lost for about a month, with water still in it. We do wash the cups almost daily. Removing the rubber straw insert when washing and letting it dry completely has no doubt helped these cups to stay mildew free. The rubber straw insert can be a little bit stubborn to remove. I've learned that if you leave the plastic straw in the rubber part and, with a wet washcloth in hand, grip where the two straws meet and pull, it makes the rubber insert much easier to remove. Just a little tip.
If you were considering a new cup for your child, I could not give any higher of a recommendation. Maybe I'm a little obsessed, but I LOVE THESE CUPS!
- Camelback: Wore through nipples from him chewing on it and splitting the edges of the spout, cracked two insulated bottles in a matter of weeks, one with a relatively minor drop from about two feet up onto tile. Not impressed, we simply stopped using them as they gradually fell out of favor in our house. Not to mention the plastic material. Mildly acceptable if the bottle is truly top notch functional over other options with better materials (glass, metal). Not the case here.
- Green Sprouts: Had two of the glass bottles with plastic outer protective sleeve. The outer sleeve was really solid, flexible, durable plastic. Well designed bottle, good nipple. But, lots of parts, so relatively more of a pain to clean. The big issue was that eventually, both glass inner bottles shattered (n the kitchen, no less - fun), and when they did, the mess and concern of lost glass shards to be found by a child's curious fingers later was enough to not purchase more. It's as simple as turning around for a second while the lid is off but assembled in the plastic outer casing. Kid picks it up, drops it on the ground, the exposed edge of the glass hits the ground first and you have a huge mess on your hands. The upside of these bottles didn't exceed the downsides.
Nuk bottles: We used these for a while, but the nipples wore out so much (split holes), we were ordering replacement nipples on the regular. Our son liked them, but again, the upsides didn't exceed the downsides (rapidly worn nipples, plastic material).
Thermos Funtainer: We got one of these when our son was 1 year old as a gift. We loved it, but the button was too stiff for him to open at that age, so we shelved it for a while, breaking it out occasionally to see if he liked it. I loved the R2D2 design on it, and preferred the metal/silicone materials. I also liked the plastic base to protect from dents. While we waited to see if this bottle would eventually become the go-to bottle, we tried other options (listed above). They all failed for one reason or another, leaving me wanting better options.
Eventually, my son's strength and dexterity improved to the point of being able to open the lid easily, so the Thermos came back into play. After researching other options (Pura, Camelbak metal, etc), I noticed that aside from the Bottle Rocket, none of the manufacturers seem to protect the base of the metal bottles, leaving them prone to denting, which makes them wobbly when placed on a flat surface. Pet peeve, I guess. Anyway, we decided to give the Thermos a shot at daycare, which is the perfect product test scenario. If a bottle can survive daycare, it wins. Camelbak failed the daycare test. Twice. Not only is the Thermos thriving amongst all the other bottles at daycare, but I've noticed that other parents agree. It's the only bottle in the bunch that is there in multiples. All others are single representations of a bottle brand. The teachers like them too because they're tough. And with all the bottles together in a basket or cooler, exposed nipples is not that cool. These kids are germ breeders extraordinaire, and the Thermos cap protects the nipple from the outside grime and germs of other bottles.
- Cap protects the nipple from germs and general dirtiness.
- Plastic base protects from dents, so it stands up stable, no wobbliness.
- Huge range of graphics and lid colors means it's easy to spot which is yours when there are several of the same bottle together, which is the case with the Thermos, everywhere I go with other parents and kids around, when bottles are around, I always seem to notice lots of the Thermos brand. No confusion of who has which bottle is nice. Not everyone labels a bottle, and kids can't necessarily read their names yet. MY kid knows which is his by the graphic, and the other Thermos bottles are clearly different.
- The part that seals the bottle lid is silicone rubber, and it's one-piece with the nipple. So other than the straw there is no plastic in contact with the liquid (the straw doesn't need to be used if you're concerned about plastics), and it's super easy to clean.
- It's metal (win) and the insulation is really good. Stays cold longer than the Camelbak insulated bottle.
- Price is about the same as a plastic bottle, but way more durable and safer for fluids.
- Minor quibble, but the nipple IS free-flowing, so if the top is open and the bottle is tipped over, it will leak. But for me it's a non-issue, since my kid loves to close the lid. He learned early on to close it as a habit. Good practice to prevent leaks, keep the nipple clean, and a side bonus is the lid is probably more vulnerable to breaking off if it's open. When closed, it's tough.
Of all the metal, glass and plastic bottles on the market, this one wins my business so far. No other bottle checks all the boxes like this one, and the parents around me seem to agree. My kid loves it, especially his new one with the train on it. The designs are fun and plentiful.