Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle, Wacky Faces" and save 24% off the $17.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Thermos Funtainer 12 Ounce Bottle, Wacky Faces
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.37. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, not for use with hot liquids
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Hygienic push button lid with pop-up straw and integrated carry handle
- Keeps cold 12 hours
- 12 ounce capacity; hand washing recommended
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
THERMOS products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 100 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters. THERMOS brand products offer superior cold retention that keeps beverages cool and delicious for hours, and the 12 ounce FUNtainer Straw Bottle is no exception. THERMOS vacuum insulation technology virtually eliminates temperature change within the beverage container by creating an airless space between two stainless steel walls. The result is an insulation layer that performs better than any other. A superior insulated container you can depend on to keep your child's beverages colder, fresher, longer. This hydration bottle keeps beverages cold up to 12 hours - more than 10 times longer than an ordinary plastic water bottle. Constructed with double wall stainless steel, this 12 ounce straw bottle is virtually unbreakable and built to withstand the demands of everyday use. Featuring a hygienic, push-button lid, this straw bottle is easy to open and drink from. Also included on the lid is an integrated, flip-up carrying loop. The THERMOS FUNtainer Straw Bottle comes equipped with a breakaway lid designed to simply snap off if accidentally dropped while the lid is open. The lid can then be easily snapped back into place, making this a great, worry-free choice for parents and kids alike. In order to maximize the incredible insulation technology, it is recommended to pre-chill the bottle just prior to use. This can be accomplished by filling the bottle with cold tap water, attaching the lid and letting it rest for a few minutes. Before you are ready to use, simply empty the water and fill with your favorite beverage. Attaching the lid will further increase the thermal efficiency. The FUNtainer Straw Bottle is made of BPA-free materials and is backed by a five-year limited warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I only wish they sold these in more solid colors!!!
These cups are great for every day use. We use them at home in order to cut down on the number of plastic cups sitting on the counter. With there being so many design options, it is easy for each child to know which cup is theirs.
A little tip: I have read one review that talked about mildew under the lid. I have never had a problem with that even after one was lost for about a month, with water still in it. We do wash the cups almost daily. Removing the rubber straw insert when washing and letting it dry completely has no doubt helped these cups to stay mildew free. The rubber straw insert can be a little bit stubborn to remove. I've learned that if you leave the plastic straw in the rubber part and, with a wet washcloth in hand, grip where the two straws meet and pull, it makes the rubber insert much easier to remove. Just a little tip.
If you were considering a new cup for your child, I could not give any higher of a recommendation. Maybe I'm a little obsessed, but I LOVE THESE CUPS!
Overall this product is OK. However, the manufacturer made design changes in the product that make parts incompatible with the same bottle purchased a couple of weeks ago.
1- design makes it easy to spot among of other bottles.
2- easy to clean
3- good thermal insulation (for cold drinks only).
4- metal container should last a while.
1- somewhat expensive ($$).
2- a little on the heavy side for small kids (2 yr old lost interest due to weight, 4yr old has no problem).
3- metal can be ding/dent easier than anticipated. (so won't last a long time looking nice)
4- image is printed on metal and scratches easily,
My problem with this item (and the replacement straws):
1- Straw replacements have different models not clarified in the product description - I found there are at least 3 different designs for the cap seal/straw assembly. They vary in the seal size, the spout seal height and straw length. **Warning**None of these variations are made clear in the description of the replacement straw product description. If you purchase replacement straws they may not fit your existing bottles. (Even if the description indicates they will).
2- The cap of the bottle has a (slightly) different diameters. So can not use them on the same R2D2 bottles we purchased before.
3- The straw seals have different heights (see photos), and they can not be swapped between bottles.
4- because the seals have different designs, the straws can not be swapped unless one of them is cut a little. But, then it will not reach the bottom of the other bottle.
If you are interested in buying more than one of this item with the intent of swapping parts between them. Purchase them all at once. Otherwise, there is no assurance you will get the same bottle design.
- Camelback: Wore through nipples from him chewing on it and splitting the edges of the spout, cracked two insulated bottles in a matter of weeks, one with a relatively minor drop from about two feet up onto tile. Not impressed, we simply stopped using them as they gradually fell out of favor in our house. Not to mention the plastic material. Mildly acceptable if the bottle is truly top notch functional over other options with better materials (glass, metal). Not the case here.
- Green Sprouts: Had two of the glass bottles with plastic outer protective sleeve. The outer sleeve was really solid, flexible, durable plastic. Well designed bottle, good nipple. But, lots of parts, so relatively more of a pain to clean. The big issue was that eventually, both glass inner bottles shattered (n the kitchen, no less - fun), and when they did, the mess and concern of lost glass shards to be found by a child's curious fingers later was enough to not purchase more. It's as simple as turning around for a second while the lid is off but assembled in the plastic outer casing. Kid picks it up, drops it on the ground, the exposed edge of the glass hits the ground first and you have a huge mess on your hands. The upside of these bottles didn't exceed the downsides.
Nuk bottles: We used these for a while, but the nipples wore out so much (split holes), we were ordering replacement nipples on the regular. Our son liked them, but again, the upsides didn't exceed the downsides (rapidly worn nipples, plastic material).
Thermos Funtainer: We got one of these when our son was 1 year old as a gift. We loved it, but the button was too stiff for him to open at that age, so we shelved it for a while, breaking it out occasionally to see if he liked it. I loved the R2D2 design on it, and preferred the metal/silicone materials. I also liked the plastic base to protect from dents. While we waited to see if this bottle would eventually become the go-to bottle, we tried other options (listed above). They all failed for one reason or another, leaving me wanting better options.
Eventually, my son's strength and dexterity improved to the point of being able to open the lid easily, so the Thermos came back into play. After researching other options (Pura, Camelbak metal, etc), I noticed that aside from the Bottle Rocket, none of the manufacturers seem to protect the base of the metal bottles, leaving them prone to denting, which makes them wobbly when placed on a flat surface. Pet peeve, I guess. Anyway, we decided to give the Thermos a shot at daycare, which is the perfect product test scenario. If a bottle can survive daycare, it wins. Camelbak failed the daycare test. Twice. Not only is the Thermos thriving amongst all the other bottles at daycare, but I've noticed that other parents agree. It's the only bottle in the bunch that is there in multiples. All others are single representations of a bottle brand. The teachers like them too because they're tough. And with all the bottles together in a basket or cooler, exposed nipples is not that cool. These kids are germ breeders extraordinaire, and the Thermos cap protects the nipple from the outside grime and germs of other bottles.
- Cap protects the nipple from germs and general dirtiness.
- Plastic base protects from dents, so it stands up stable, no wobbliness.
- Huge range of graphics and lid colors means it's easy to spot which is yours when there are several of the same bottle together, which is the case with the Thermos, everywhere I go with other parents and kids around, when bottles are around, I always seem to notice lots of the Thermos brand. No confusion of who has which bottle is nice. Not everyone labels a bottle, and kids can't necessarily read their names yet. MY kid knows which is his by the graphic, and the other Thermos bottles are clearly different.
- The part that seals the bottle lid is silicone rubber, and it's one-piece with the nipple. So other than the straw there is no plastic in contact with the liquid (the straw doesn't need to be used if you're concerned about plastics), and it's super easy to clean.
- It's metal (win) and the insulation is really good. Stays cold longer than the Camelbak insulated bottle.
- Price is about the same as a plastic bottle, but way more durable and safer for fluids.
- Minor quibble, but the nipple IS free-flowing, so if the top is open and the bottle is tipped over, it will leak. But for me it's a non-issue, since my kid loves to close the lid. He learned early on to close it as a habit. Good practice to prevent leaks, keep the nipple clean, and a side bonus is the lid is probably more vulnerable to breaking off if it's open. When closed, it's tough.
Of all the metal, glass and plastic bottles on the market, this one wins my business so far. No other bottle checks all the boxes like this one, and the parents around me seem to agree. My kid loves it, especially his new one with the train on it. The designs are fun and plentiful.