Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Travel Tumbler, Midnight Blue
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$3.04 (11%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold; keeps liquids hot for 7 hours and cold for 18 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Built in tea hook, easily holds tea bags or most loose leaf infusers
- Fits most automobile cup holders; Capacity 16 Ounce
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- Thermos L.L.C. warrants this Genuine Thermos Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our website for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Sealing Lid with Tea Hook
1. Remove lid (E) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove retainer (A) by turning it counterclockwise and lifting up.
3. Remove retainer gasket (B) from retainer (A).
4. Remove sealing disk (C).
5. Remove main gasket (D) from underside of lid (E).
6. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble: Main gasket (D) as shown in enlarged diagram above; Sealing disk (C) with smooth side facing lid; Retainer gasket (B) on retainer (A); Push retainer (A) onto lid post (E1) and turn clockwise to lock.
7. Fill container with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for the lid (E), to avoid overflow.
8. Replace the lid (E) onto the mug or tumbler by twisting it clockwise.
9. To drink, slide the lever (if present) or push the button (if present) on the lid to the ‘open’ position.
10. This product comes equipped with an integrated tea hook that accommodates stringed tea bags and most loose leaf tea infusers with separate chain hook. For stringed tea bags, simply wrap the string of the tea bag around the integrated hook and allow the remaining string to hang outside the lid. For loose leaf tea infusers with a chain hook, slide the chain hook through the integrated tea hook and enjoy. For best results, prepare tea per the tea manufacturer’s instructions and remove tea bag or infuser after tea is brewed.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through stopper when stopper is closed (if applicable to product). Missing, worn or misaligned gaskets may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
- If you are unable to open container by hand, do not open it and dispose of it at your local waste facility.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
Compare with similar items
Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Drink Bottle, Midnight Blue
Thermos 16 Ounce Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Tumbler, Stainless Steel
Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Compact Bottle, Midnight Blue
Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18 Ounce Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle, Charcoal
Thermos 24 Ounce Hydration Bottle, Stainless Steel
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Midnight Blue||Midnight Blue||Stainless Steel||Midnight Blue||Charcoal||Stainless Steel|
|Item Dimensions||3.3 x 3.3 x 7.6 in||3.4 x 10.3 x 10.3 in||3.5 x 3.5 x 8 in||3 x 3 x 9.6 in||8.8 x 10.7 x 10.7 in||3 x 3.26 x 9.75 in|
|Material Type||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Thanks to the TherMax double wall vacuum, the Thermos 16-oz Stainless Steel King Tumbler provides maximum temperature retention, keeping contents cold for nine hours and hot for five hours. The unbreakable stainless steel exterior stays cool to the touch with hot liquids, and remains sweatproof with cold.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Keeps things HOT: This is travel mug 101, but not everyone does it well. This Thermos mug keeps my coffee hot for hours! Works exceeding well.
- Leak-Proof: This is another big one for me and this mug is indeed leak-proof. I filled it up and turned it upside down, shook it, rolled it, you name it, nothing leaked out.
- Cleaning: First, it's dishwasher safe; this is more uncommon than you would think. Second, you can take the lid apart to get at all the parts for cleaning so you don't get build-up in hard to reach corners of the lid over time, very nice! [NOTE: Paperwork that came with product said it was dishwasher safe, but on Thermos's web site (and Amazon product description) they specifically say NOT to put their "stainless steel vacuumware" products in the dishwasher and that they are NOT dishwasher safe. Not sure which is correct]
- Lid Design & Stainless Steel Lip: The stainless steel lip for sipping is more comfortable than plastic or rubber. Also, the design of the lid helps in preventing scalding hot liquid from getting to your mouth too fast.
- Doesn't have rubber smell: A rubbery smelling lid is a problem that is often overlooked and something I really don't like. This Thermos mug uses plastic, stainless steel and a rubber gasket in the lid. It doesn't have any smell when you drink from it, which is perfect!
- Build quality: It's built like a tank, in fact some may find it too heavy, but it's clearly well made.
- Shape and Size: It's a 16 oz mug, but what's nice is it will fit in a "standard cup" sized cup holder. I own a 2001 VW Passat and they are not known for their cup holders, but no problem with this mug. This, again, is often overlooked; just a great design.
The only thing I can't comment on about this travel mug is its durability over time, since I've only had it for a couple of weeks, but other than that it's the only travel mug I've ever owned that met or exceeded everything on my list of what I think "the perfect travel mug" should be.
This travel mug may not be for everyone. I love the midnight blue color and heft of this mug, but my wife prefers the shape, weight, and look of the stainless steel "Contigo" travel mug, which is also a very nice travel mug. The issues I had with the Contigo travel mug were: 1) doesn't fit in my car's cup holder, (2) no escape from hot liquid, much easier to burn your mouth, and (3) harder to clean.
This Thermos Stainless King travel mug gets my vote for the best and is well worth the $; can't recommend it enough!
I agree with all the positive reviews while the mug is new, and then it all goes down hill. I purchased 4 of these mugs, all 4 are having issues.
The biggest problem is the lid breaks. The seal becomes separated from the metal and the lid spins when you try and remove it from the mug. It now requires a screwdriver and a husband to take off. This has happened to two of the mugs.
The next issue is the open/close wear off, so your not sure what state your mug is in with out tipping it to see if anything comes out (with this style lid its not visibly apparent if its opened or closed hence the label). This has led to unfortunate car coffee collisions.
And last the paint wears off, which doesn't impact the mugs ability to keep things hot, but it does flake all over the place, including your face when you are drinking out of it.
I know with 4k positive reviews you think I am crazy , so I have included pictures.
-Heat, cold retention
-Sipping lid easy to drink from
- 0% leakproof, ugh
- exterior on even a mildly cold day is like the 'tongue on pole scene' from a Christmas Story...better wear gloves. It gets really cold but still keeps liquids hot.
- Lid can be difficult to take off to clean. To keep it leakproof I often had to really tighten the lid.
- Lid can be difficult to clean with many right angles. If you drink any liquid with dairy it's a great place to get hairy stuff growing. Unfortunate accidental discovery. Mouth vomit.
-Exterior paint starts to flake off. Get the stainless version to avoid
-Customer service non existent. Tried to resolve the leaking issue but no one answered emails or phone calls (press 9 then 1 then 6 then 0 to speak with an operator then goodbye without ever speaking to anyone live. A message was left unanswered as well...YMMV)
-The leakproof gasket
-Colored open/close indicator washes off
-lid right angles for cleaning
-customer service...outsource it, the world is all about customer service. Not really hard to do if you want to. Call Patagonia for a great example or LLBean. )
This is my first review but what compelled me to write are some newly stained and coffee infused sheets, pants and backpack.
My guess is that Thermos switched to cheaper parts or had some kind of breakdown in their manufacturing within the past year. I bought my wife one, and within a week (with no mishandling) the twist-switch on the lid broke. Not the actual part you touch, but something inside the lid broke when you went to open / close the pour hole. This made the thermos stuck as always-open and unusable for travel. Bummer. We must have gotten a bad one, right?
So I shelled out the money for a replacement. Again, within one week and no mishandling, the EXACT same thing happened. The thermos was stuck as always open. Clearly either there was a manufacturing error on an entire batch of them, or Thermos switched to cheaper parts. We sent Thermos a message asking for a replacement, but they refused to replace the two mugs. They offered to send ONE replacement part if we agreed to pay shipping. No thanks.
It's a shame because my original mug was so nice, but we will not be investing any more money in Thermos products.