Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Thermos Stainless King 40 Ounce Beverage Bottle, M..." and save 47% off the $34.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Thermos Stainless King 40 Ounce Beverage Bottle, Midnight Blue
|Price:||$29.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made with Thermos patented vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold
- Designed to keep liquids hot for 24 hours, and cold for 24 hours
- Durable stainless-steel interior and exterior keep bottle cool to touch with hot liquids and sweat proof with cold liquids
- Lid doubles as insulated serving cup; twist and pour function allows you to pour without moving the stopper
- With an ample 40-ounce capacity, the bottle offers plenty of sustenance on the go
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- THERMOS L.L.C. warrants this Genuine THERMOS Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our website for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Twist and Pour Stopper
1. Remove lid-cup (A) by twisting counterclockwise. Then, remove twist-and-pour stopper (B) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Wash all parts separately.
3. Fill container (C) with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for the twist-and-pour stopper (B), to avoid overflow.
4. Reassemble twist-and-pour stopper (B) in container (C).
5. To pour, rotate twist-and-pour stopper (B) counterclockwise ½ - 1 turn. Orient product so pour indicator is pointing down while pouring into lid-cup (A). Note: Twist-and-pour stopper (B) does not need to be removed completely to pour contents.
6. Secure twist-and-pour stopper (B) by twisting clockwise until tightly closed.
7. Replace lid-cup (A) by twisting until tightly closed.
8. After filling, always ensure both twist-and-pour stopper (B) and lid-cup (A) are closed and secured tightly to product.
- Do not drink directly from container.
- Do not drink directly from stopper.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through stopper when stopper is closed (if applicable to product). Missing, worn or misaligned gaskets may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
The thermos brand is well known as the quality and performance leader in insulated food and beverage products. The stainless king series creates a new chapter in thermos' storied history with a modern line that blends our newest technology with a dash of the past. The stainless king beverage bottle has thermax double wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold. The unbreakable stainless steel interior and exterior keeps the beverage bottle cool to the touch with hot liquids and sweat proof with cold liquids. Lid doubles as a insulated serving cup, and the twist and pour function allows you to pour without moving the stopper. 40-ounce/1-1/5-litre capacity.
Top customer reviews
If you're not familiar with vacuum bottle" please read the section at the end for an explanation...
So I have an old school "Aladdin-Stanley" quart size vacuum bottle. When this arrived, my wife asked if it was better than the old one. I said "of course not, vacuum insulation has been around a long time....
I was wrong.
The insulation performance is similar, but the real difference is that they are now able to roll stainless much thinner and form it within much better tolerances. Manufacturing technology! The result? The old Quart capacity Vacuum bottle weighs 2-1/2 lbs while this one weighs 1-1/2 lbs, fully a pound less!!
It's also shorter by a good inch or more (see picture) The new one also holds a liter, about 1.2 quarts so it's smaller, lighter and holds more - can't complain.
The only issue I see is while the handle of the older Stanley thermos clips snugly against the body while this one does not. Bummer.
VACUUM BOTTLES are double walled containers where the air between has been removed. The vacuum that is created does not conduct heat so it insulates REALLY well. Thermos is a brand name, though, like Kleenex, many people use it as a generic term.
When I was a kid, everyone had vacuum bottles in our lunch boxes - these were silvered glass and nary a month would go by without a classmate dropping one and hearing the telltale sound of broken glass. Bummer. For that reason, stainless steel vacuum bottles have become more popular. (Glass vacuum bottles are still more popular in laboratories, etc. since they still provide superior insulation.)
On the other hand, we also had Thermos brand (non vacuum) food containers which were plastic on the inside and outside - insulated with styrofoam, not with a vacuum. As a result, food was lukewarm at best when you ate it at lunch. "Thermal" or "Insulated" does not necessarily mean "Vacuum"
Although pretty near indestructible, stainless is a reasonable heat conductor so you will probably notice that the neck (where the two vessels are connected) does get warm.
Also, since the lid is not vacuum sealed, the large lid is going to let heat through. Therefore, while you can use this for coffee, it is going to cool off faster than if you used a narrow neck bottle
TIPS - how can you make sure your drink stays hot (or cold) longer?
1) Pre-treat the container. I rinse out my Thermos with boiling water before pouring in my coffee.
2) Insulate the container with a small towel or other item. If I'm going hiking, I will put the Thermos in the innermost pocket, preferably with a scarf or spare sweater around the top. The body of the container is fine, but as mentioned above, heat can escape through the lid and at the neck.
If you have any questions or comments, or found this review helpful, please let me know!
We go through at least two teapots per year. They always get broken. So when I saw this 40 ounce thermos, I thought it might be a good solution.
We love it. Holds enough tea or whatever, for the whole family, and it stays hot a long time. I can fill it up after lunch and by mid morning the next day, if the top has been put back on properly, it is still a good drinking temp.
Not to mention it is nearly indestructible.
FYI, One of the reviewers here mentioned using powdered oxygen bleach to get rid of stains inside: Works like a charm. You don't want to do a lot of scrubbing inside bc brush ends often have sharp metal ends, and you don't want to scratch the inside. Just don't pour hot water too fast over the bleach powder, or it will foam up and spill over.
This is a great product.
I know that coffee stains even stainless steel eventually , and that it is not easy to clean such a deep, narrow container. Right now, I use boiling water, a smidge of dishwashing machine soap and a few, half inch, stainless ball bearings. I soak it for a while, give it a shake to move the ball bearings around and then rinse well.
I'm glad I got this. I bought it because it is a fine old brand. Unfortunately, it is made in China. I would have been happier if I was supporting an American family.
Addendum: the handle keeps popping off. I am going to get a man to help fix it, but the metal hook holding the handle on is defective with too large of a gap. I cannot handle the thermos without the hassle. Amazon acts like I have to pay to return this before getting a replacement or refund. I choose to give a bad review. There is no way to contact seller on my orders section. I will have to try to get the metal hook squeezed closed somehow.