Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Thermos Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 12% off the $21.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.78 shipping
Thermos Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon, 16 ounce, Midnight Blue
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-durable travel food jar for hot and cold beverages; 16-ounce capacity
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Easy-to-fill wide mouth; generously sized lid doubles as serving bowl; includes telescoping stainless steel spoon
- Stays cool to the touch with hot liquids and is condensation-free with cold
- Hand wash only
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- THERMOS L.L.C. warrants this Genuine THERMOS Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our website for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Image for reference only: Actual product may vary.
1. Remove lid (A) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove spoon (B) (if present) by pulling up on it.
3. Open container (E) by twisting stopper (C) counterclockwise.
4. Remove gasket (D) from underside of stopper (C).
5. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble. Ensure gasket (D) is properly seated to minimize leaking.
6. Fill container (E) with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for stopper (C), to avoid overflow.
7. Replace both stopper (C) and lid (A) by twisting clockwise.
Note: Spoon (B) (if present) snaps into top of stopper (C) when fully folded and aligned.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through lid when lid is closed. Missing, worn or misaligned gasket may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
- If you are unable to open container by hand, do not open it and dispose of it at your local waste facility.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
Compare to similar items
This item Thermos Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon, 16 ounce, Midnight Blue
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||MMP Living||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Midnight Blue||Midnight Blue||Blue/Yellow||Black|
|Item Dimensions||3.7 x 3.7 x 5.6 in||3.7 x 7.2 x 7.2 in||3.5 x 5.3 x 7.6 in||3.8 x 3.8 x 5.3 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel||Stainless Steel|
The thermos brand is well known as the quality and performance leader in insulated food and beverage products. The stainless king series creates a new chapter in thermos' storied history with a modern line that blends our newest technology with a dash of the past. The stainless king food jar has thermax double wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold. The unbreakable stainless steel interior and exterior keeps the food jar cool to the touch with hot liquids and sweat proof with cold liquids. Wide mouth is easy to fill, serve from and clean: lid doubles as a compact and insulated serving bowl. Full-size telescoping stainless steel spoon included. Capacity 16-ounce/1/2-litre.
Top Customer Reviews
This is the perfect amount of food for me, but it's a little too small for my husband, who prefers the 24 oz container.
Does as advertised and keeps food hot for hours
Easy to clean (see cleaning tips for more info)
Completely leak proof!!
"footprint" is slightly large considering the size
Spoon is useful but harder to clean because it folds (I put it through the dishwasher)
Must be careful to not over tighten the lid while food is hot or it's hard to open later
HOW TO USE:
Either heat water in the microwave or if you have very hot tap water, fill the container with heated water
Cap using the inner screwtop lid
Wait 10-15 minutes, using this time to heat up whatever you'll want to eat for lunch
Pour out water and fill with food
Close inner lid (be careful how tight you screw the lid on, as it cools slightly this makes it hard to open)
Wait until lunch and eat hot to warm food depending on how long it's been
You'll notice in the detailed picture that there is a clear silicon seal around the inner lid. Others have noted that they can't get this clean and mold grows. I slip this ring off and clean all parts separately, by hand, then allow them to air dry. Even with near daily use they still work wonderfully! If anything, I'm thinking about purchasing a few more because I'm lazy and wouldn't mind having one I could bring additional cold items in.
The first photo is a comparison of each of the three models I've purchased. You'll see a size comparison between an iPhone 4 and an Amazon Kindle (and a Border Collie leering in the background).
The second photo is all the components with the same scale reference of an iPhone 4. These are the parts from TWO containers so I could so all the different aspects and parts at the same time.
Items mentioned and shown in the photos:
Thermos Stainless Steel King 24 Ounce Food, Midnight Blue
THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar, Charcoal/Teal
My husband works in the outdoors so this thermos is exposed to low temps, sometimes near or below zero and the soup I put in it still stays pretty warm for at least 5 hours.
There are 2 extremely minor things I would change. I wish it held just a couple of ounces more because if you put a can of chunky soup in it, you always have a few tablespoons of soup that won't fit and I wish the paint was just a bit more sturdy because it seems like it scratches easily though if you work in an office or are using it for school then probably that wouldn't be a huge problem for you. I certainly wouldn't let either of those things keep me from buying another.
I always wash mine by hand because we had another model of the thermos brand and got lazy and stuck it in the dishwasher and within just a few times of doing that, it began imparting a yucky metallic taste to the soup inside. It didn't seem to effect cold things, just hot. To keep it in good shape I would recommend hand washing as the maker instructs.
If/when these two wear out, I would buy another.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I think it needs a strap with a handle loop, or perhaps a full cover neoprene koozie with a handle to prevent dings, keep...Read more