Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Food Jar, Midnight..." and save 61% off the $50.83 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Food Jar, Midnight Blue
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 14 hours and cold for 24 hours, package may vary.
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Compact and insulated stainless steel serving bowl
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, eat from and clean
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- THERMOS L.L.C. warrants this Genuine THERMOS Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our website for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Solid Top Lid
1. Remove lid (A) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove gasket (B) from underside of lid (A).
3. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble. Ensure gasket (B) is properly seated to minimize leaking.
4. Fill container (C) with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for lid (A), to avoid overflow.
5. Replace lid (A) by twisting clockwise.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through lid when lid is closed. Missing, worn or misaligned gasket may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
- If you are unable to open container by hand, do not open it and dispose of it at your local waste facility.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
Compare with similar items
Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar with Folding Spoon, Matte Black
SOMIGA Insulated Stainless Steel Food Jar with Folding Spoon,Bag-Vacuum Double Walled BPA Free,Unbreakable,Leak Proof, Hot and Cold Preservation 17 OZ Storage Container (Red)
Thermos 16 Ounce Food Jar with Folding Spoon, Pink
Uarter Stainless Steel Food Jar, Portable Lunch Thermos, Vacuum Insulated Food Container with Folding Spoon, Suitable for School, Work and Picnics, 550ml
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||stainless_steel||Stainless Steel||stainless steel|
Keep drinks hot or cold for hours with the Thermos Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Food Jar (Midnight Blue). This 24-oz container features a durable stainless steel interior and exterior, making it ideal for outdoor activities, sporting events, picnics or lunches. As with all Thermos vessels, this container uses vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention and includes a compact, insulated, stainless steel serving bowl that is ideal for soups and other hot foods.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We live and work in a major city and take public transit, meaning our bags are often jostled around and smushed daily while going to and from work. Despite this, and downright dropping it once, I haven't had a single leak. One of these containers was dropped while open on a concrete patio and happened to fall on the thinner rim of the opening, leaving a slight dent, but it still works perfectly fine and it's a small enough dent it doesn't interfere with the inner lid closing properly.
Easy to clean, granted you remove the silicon ring around the inner lid.
When full, keeps food hot to very warm for 6-8 hours (actually timed and tested this with different types of food)
Works best with soups, but also good for pastas and other more solid foods
Withstands rough use and dropping without issue
narrower opening makes it harder to eat more solid food from the container.
easy to clean, but must be washed by hand
larger size takes up more room (see photos for size comparison)
heavier than the smaller size (which is expected but could be a con to some)
How to use:
Warm water in the microwave or use very hot tap water and fill container
Close inner lid
Wait 10-15 minutes, during which time you heat whatever you want to bring for lunch
Open container and pour out water
Fill with warm food
Others have mentioned using a q-tip to clean under the seal around the inner lid, and if they didn't do this they noticed mold growth. This ring is very flexible so I just slip it off and wash each piece separately. I've used the 16 oz almost daily for 3+ months, and my husband has used this one nearly as frequently and we haven't had any problems with the ring losing it's shape and because we remove it while cleaning, all parts are completely clean after use.
I would purchase these again because they're a good size for my husband, and have been able to withstand rough use without leaking or falling apart.
The first photo is a comparison between three different Thermos containers. Compared to a ruler, iPhone 4, and an Amazon Kindle.
The second photo is a detailed view of the different components of TWO of the containers. Included for reference is the spoon from the 16 oz thermos, an iPhone 4 and a ruler.
THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar, Charcoal/Teal
Thermos Stainless Steel King 16 Ounce Food Jar, Midnight Blue
One reason I got this was to make "soup to go" add all the dry/raw ingredients and boiling water. Wait 4 hours and SOUP! after 4 hours, soup temperature was still 175 degrees! Chicken noodle veggie soup for example!
First, the picture makes this look black or navy. It's actually a very deep purplish color. That's neither here nor there unless one has a deep aversion to purple, but no doubt someone will pitch a fit over it at some point.
I preheat thermal food jars as a habit, so my results are from preheating with boiling water for 2-4 minutes before putting food in the jar. Soups and stews stay well within "the safety zone" (the temp that keeps your lunch from turning into a biological weapon) for a long time. We haven't pushed it past six hours yet, but it's held fine that long. Of course, you have to heat the food thoroughly to begin with, so don't expect to put luke-warm soup in this thing and have it magically get hotter just because you preheated the jar. A dense pasta didn't stay as hot as soups (which have more liquid-to-solid), but that was expected. The jar holds a lot of food, so it works best when completely filled, so you have to take that into account. Once you open it or eat some and re-close it, don't expect your food to still be steaming hot two hours later. It won't.
Ok, so what DON'T I like about it? Three things:
1. Because of the height of the jar, you either need to pour the contents into something else or use a tablespoon to get to the bottom. And because of the small diameter of the top "bowl," it's ludicrous to try to eat from that part. If you have a thin soup in it, you could drink your soup, but the thin edge of the jar mouth makes that uncomfortable.
2. The interior of the jar neck is threaded, which makes it a PITA to clean after food residue has been in it all day. If you have access to a sink, rinse it after lunch. Lucky you. For the rest of us, go ahead and toss a long-handle jar brush in the shopping cart because you'll need it.
3. The jar "plug" has a silicone ring that has to be removed for every washing. The more your remove it, the looser it seems to get. it either needs a stouter ring (with more resilience) or some other design that doesn't have to be removed. And if you lose that puppy, you have to order the entire top from the manufacturer since they no longer sell just the silicone ring.