Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thermos Stainless King 24 Ounce Food Jar, Midnight Blue
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.63. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$5.00 (17%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 14 hours and cold for 24 hours, package may vary.
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Compact and insulated stainless steel serving bowl
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, eat from and clean
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- THERMOS L.L.C. warrants this Genuine THERMOS Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our website for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Solid Top Lid
1. Remove lid (A) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove gasket (B) from underside of lid (A).
3. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble. Ensure gasket (B) is properly seated to minimize leaking.
4. Fill container (C) with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for lid (A), to avoid overflow.
5. Replace lid (A) by twisting clockwise.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through lid when lid is closed. Missing, worn or misaligned gasket may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
- If you are unable to open container by hand, do not open it and dispose of it at your local waste facility.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
Keep drinks hot or cold for hours with the Thermos Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Food Jar (Midnight Blue). This 24-oz container features a durable stainless steel interior and exterior, making it ideal for outdoor activities, sporting events, picnics or lunches. As with all Thermos vessels, this container uses vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention and includes a compact, insulated, stainless steel serving bowl that is ideal for soups and other hot foods.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We live and work in a major city and take public transit, meaning our bags are often jostled around and smushed daily while going to and from work. Despite this, and downright dropping it once, I haven't had a single leak. One of these containers was dropped while open on a concrete patio and happened to fall on the thinner rim of the opening, leaving a slight dent, but it still works perfectly fine and it's a small enough dent it doesn't interfere with the inner lid closing properly.
Easy to clean, granted you remove the silicon ring around the inner lid.
When full, keeps food hot to very warm for 6-8 hours (actually timed and tested this with different types of food)
Works best with soups, but also good for pastas and other more solid foods
Withstands rough use and dropping without issue
narrower opening makes it harder to eat more solid food from the container.
easy to clean, but must be washed by hand
larger size takes up more room (see photos for size comparison)
heavier than the smaller size (which is expected but could be a con to some)
How to use:
Warm water in the microwave or use very hot tap water and fill container
Close inner lid
Wait 10-15 minutes, during which time you heat whatever you want to bring for lunch
Open container and pour out water
Fill with warm food
Others have mentioned using a q-tip to clean under the seal around the inner lid, and if they didn't do this they noticed mold growth. This ring is very flexible so I just slip it off and wash each piece separately. I've used the 16 oz almost daily for 3+ months, and my husband has used this one nearly as frequently and we haven't had any problems with the ring losing it's shape and because we remove it while cleaning, all parts are completely clean after use.
I would purchase these again because they're a good size for my husband, and have been able to withstand rough use without leaking or falling apart.
The first photo is a comparison between three different Thermos containers. Compared to a ruler, iPhone 4, and an Amazon Kindle.
The second photo is a detailed view of the different components of TWO of the containers. Included for reference is the spoon from the 16 oz thermos, an iPhone 4 and a ruler.
THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar, Charcoal/Teal
Thermos Stainless Steel King 16 Ounce Food Jar, Midnight Blue
The chamber will hold 24 ounces, like it says, which is 3 cups using a standard 8 ounce measuring cup. The lid under the screw on cup is plastic. The inside of the Thermos is steel. The lid screws on very securely and after tossing around it a bit filled with liquid, there was no leaking.
The mouth is a good size, if you hand wash it as recommended, a regular dish washing brush fits it just fine. Steel also cleans up nicely. I don't recommend soaking the whole Thermos, but you can fill it with soapy water to sit to get out stubborn food.
First test- Hot! I pre-rinsed it with hot water, then filled it with fresh coffee.
After 6 hours, the coffee was still steaming.
After 9 hours, still very hot.
After 16 hours, it was very warm.
So while the label says hot foods for 9 hours, that means it keeps things very hot for 9 hours. Most people won't need it to be hot that long, but it works out well if you miss lunch.
For this, I decided on ice water.
After 6 hours, still icy
After 12 hours- still icy, some melt
After 20 hours- the ice is a solid block and it's melted about 25%. Still a lot of ice.
The label says 12 hours. It's definitely good for that.
So if you're looking for a basic insulated food jar, this is a great one, it keeps food or drinks hot or cold. It's the perfect size for lunch for my husband or for my daughter and I to share something. I plan to pick up a couple more.