Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar with Folding Spoon, Stainless Steel
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 7 hours and cold for 9 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Compact and insulated stainless steel serving bowl; full size folding stainless steel spoon included
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, eat from and clean
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- THERMOS L.L.C. warrants this Genuine THERMOS Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our website for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Image for reference only: Actual product may vary.
1. Remove lid (A) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove spoon (B) (if present) by pulling up on it.
3. Open container (E) by twisting stopper (C) counterclockwise.
4. Remove gasket (D) from underside of stopper (C).
5. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble. Ensure gasket (D) is properly seated to minimize leaking.
6. Fill container (E) with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for stopper (C), to avoid overflow.
7. Replace both stopper (C) and lid (A) by twisting clockwise.
Note: Spoon (B) (if present) snaps into top of stopper (C) when fully folded and aligned.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through lid when lid is closed. Missing, worn or misaligned gasket may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
- If you are unable to open container by hand, do not open it and dispose of it at your local waste facility.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
The Stainless King Vacuum-Insulated Food Jar with Folding Spoon, 16oz (Silver) from Thermos creates a new chapter in Thermos' storied history with a modern line that blends the newest technology with a dash of the past. The Stainless King food jar has a double-wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold. The unbreakable stainless steel interior and exterior keeps the food jar cool to the touch with hot liquids and sweatproof with cold liquids. The wide mouth is easy to fill, serve from and clean. The lid doubles as a compact and insulated serving bowl. It includes a telescoping stainless steel spoon.
Top customer reviews
This is the perfect amount of food for me, but it's a little too small for my husband, who prefers the 24 oz container.
Does as advertised and keeps food hot for hours
Easy to clean (see cleaning tips for more info)
Completely leak proof!!
"footprint" is slightly large considering the size
Spoon is useful but harder to clean because it folds (I put it through the dishwasher)
Must be careful to not over tighten the lid while food is hot or it's hard to open later
HOW TO USE:
Either heat water in the microwave or if you have very hot tap water, fill the container with heated water
Cap using the inner screwtop lid
Wait 10-15 minutes, using this time to heat up whatever you'll want to eat for lunch
Pour out water and fill with food
Close inner lid (be careful how tight you screw the lid on, as it cools slightly this makes it hard to open)
Wait until lunch and eat hot to warm food depending on how long it's been
You'll notice in the detailed picture that there is a clear silicon seal around the inner lid. Others have noted that they can't get this clean and mold grows. I slip this ring off and clean all parts separately, by hand, then allow them to air dry. Even with near daily use they still work wonderfully! If anything, I'm thinking about purchasing a few more because I'm lazy and wouldn't mind having one I could bring additional cold items in.
The first photo is a comparison of each of the three models I've purchased. You'll see a size comparison between an iPhone 4 and an Amazon Kindle (and a Border Collie leering in the background).
The second photo is all the components with the same scale reference of an iPhone 4. These are the parts from TWO containers so I could so all the different aspects and parts at the same time.
Items mentioned and shown in the photos:
Thermos Stainless Steel King 24 Ounce Food, Midnight Blue
THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar, Charcoal/Teal
I will say don't seal it too tightly as it is hard to get a grip to open it if you do. If you have weak hands, you may want the 10 oz FooGo kids model. I tested that one also, and after five hours, the water was 138 degrees F. So this 16 oz one works much better, but the kids one works well enough in many cases and has a wider mouth so that a kid can eat right out of it. But this 16 oz one holds more food, is not significantly larger on the outside, and the small mouth helps it to insulate much better - so this would be my pick for anyone but a small child.
We do not warm the thermos before use or anything like that. We just make sure to put the food in when it is piping hot. They loved the folding spoon included in the top and they both have had several other students purchase this same product after seeing them use theirs. We have been using them for more than a month now and have been able to introduce a wide variety of healthy food into our children's lunches. So we highly recommend this product!!