Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Travel Mug with Ha..." and save 55% off the $29.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Travel Mug with Handle, Matte Black
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.78. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$10.87 (36%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Thermos vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold, keeps liquids hot for 5 hours and cold for 9 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat proof with cold
- Built in tea hook, easily holds tea bags or most loose leaf infusers
- Fits most automobile cup holders; single serve compatible
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- THERMOS L.L.C. warrants this Genuine THERMOS Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Image for reference only: actual product may vary
1. Remove lid (E) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove retainer (A) by turning it counterclockwise and lifting up.
3. Remove retainer gasket (B) from retainer (A).
4. Remove sealing disk (C).
5. Remove main gasket (D) from underside of lid (E).
6. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble: Main gasket (D) as shown in enlarged diagram above; Sealing disk (C) with smooth side facing lid; Retainer gasket (B) on retainer (A); Push retainer (A) onto lid post (E1) and turn clockwise to lock.
7. Fill container with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for the lid (E), to avoid overflow.
8. Replace the lid (E) onto the mug or tumbler by twisting it clockwise.
9. To drink, slide the lever (if present) or push the button (if present) on the lid to the ‘open’ position.
10. This product comes equipped with an integrated tea hook that accommodates stringed tea bags and most loose leaf tea infusers with separate chain hook. For stringed tea bags, simply wrap the string of the tea bag around the integrated hook and allow the remaining string to hang outside the lid. For loose leaf tea infusers with a chain hook, slide the chain hook through the integrated tea hook and enjoy. For best results, prepare tea per the tea manufacturer’s instructions and remove tea bag or infuser after tea is brewed.
- Do not drink directly from container.
- Do not drink directly from stopper.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through stopper when stopper is closed (if applicable to product). Missing, worn or misaligned gaskets may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||3.9 x 3.7 x 7.9 in||3 x 4.5 x 7.5 in||5 x 3.5 x 8 in||5.1 x 3.4 x 8.1 in||3.8 x 6 x 8.3 in||3 x 5 x 7.5 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless-Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||18-8 Steel|
|Size||16 oz||20oz||16 ounce||16 oz.||1||—|
|Volume Capacity Name||16 ounces||20 ounces||16 ounces||16 ounces||20 ounces||16 ounces|
An ideal choice for people on the go, the Stainless King Vacuum Insulated Travel Mug is built to last and loaded with features to make for a more enjoyable drinking experience. Thermos vacuum insulation technology virtually eliminates temperature change within the beverage container by creating an airless space between two stainless steel walls. The result is an insulation layer that performs better than any other. A superior insulated container you can depend on to keep your beverages hotter, colder, fresher, longer. This travel mug keeps beverages hot for 5 hours or cold for 9, making it a great choice for long days out and about or in the office. Constructed with double wall stainless steel, this 16 ounce travel mug is virtually durable, yet its sleek design is both eye-catching and functional. The contoured body shape is easy to grip and fits most automobile cup holders and is single serve compatible. For tea drinkers, a built-in tea hook is just the ticket to brew tea on the go. The tea hook can also accommodate most loose leaf infusers. The Stainless King Travel Mug comes equipped with a 100% leak-proof Drink Lock sealing lid which operates simply by pushing the lever 45 degrees right or left to open and close. And because of the double wall insulation, the stainless steel body stays cool to the touch with hot beverages and condensation-free with cold beverages. In order to maximize the incredible insulation technology, it is recommended to either pre-chill or pre-heat the travel mug just prior to use. This can be accomplished by filling the mug with cold or hot tap water, attaching the lid and letting it rest for a few minutes. Before you are ready to use, simply empty the water and fill with your favorite beverage. The Stainless King Vacuum Insulated Travel Mug is made of BPA-free materials and is backed by a five-year limited warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
They're not inexpensive--for the price of these mugs, this is an inexcusable defect. See my photo below of three of our mugs.
"At thermos we carefully choose the best available materials, and produce products with consistent quality and reliable performance. We ensure the excellence of our products by testing for quality throughout the entire manufacturing process, and we stand behind them 100%."
I read that to the girl I spoke with at Thermos and she said that doesn't include the lid, even if the cup is only two months old. Nice.
Please live up to your motto - "We stand behind (our products)... 100%"
The insulation is amazing. I filled it with ice cubes and water about 10 am. When I went to bed after 11 pm, the water was gone, but there were still a few ice cubes in the bottom. The same thing happened on another day. I filled it with ice cubes and water in the afternoon. When I went to bed, I left it on the desk with just a few ice cubes in the bottom. The next morning, the ice cubes still had not completely melted.
It’s almost as good with hot liquids. Around 10am, I put 2 tea bags in and filled it with water from the instant hot (~160°F). At 11pm, the little bit of tea left in the bottle was still fairly hot.
The drinking lid is better than most. It does not leak at all.
I have just a couple of minor “complaints” (suggestions).
1. With the lid screwed on tightly, the drinking holes to not line up exactly. I have to either really screw it on hard, making it vfery difficult to open later, or back it off a quarter turn. I wish the inner lid and the screw top lid were completely separate pieces and the inner lid had notches so that it could only go on in one position.
2. The Open & Closed labels on the top are silver and reflective, so they are hard to read in overhead office lighting (and with old eyes). Make the backgrounds red (closed) and green (open) and I don’t need the letters.
3. I use it in the office, not in the car. I wish they made a model with a wider base to be more stable on my desk.
I just discovered that it is not necessary to screw the lid all the way down. If the drinking holes do not line up when screwed all the way, back off a little until they do. With the top in the “Closed” position, the lid will not leak even if turned upside down. I had been forcing it until the drinking holes lined up, which made it very difficult to open. This is not necessary, Now I wish I could give it 6 stars. This is a fantastic thermos bottle.
I also see that they make a version with no handle, which would be better for a backpack or briefcase.
The base, which was designed for cup holders, is a little too narrow for desktop use. It’s just a bit too easy to knock over. I wish they included a snap-on base to make it more stable when not in a cup holder.
My only complaint - and it is pretty minor - is that the openings do not line up with your mouth well. If they fixed that I don’t know how you could possibly make a better mug- as it stands it is by far the best mug this long morning commuter has ever owned!
The only downside is that it doesn't hold the heat of hot beverages in as well as other Thermos products I have had (which is why I've given it only 4 stars). However, I make that work to my advantage. Before getting ready for work, I make coffee and pour it into this Thermos. By the time I'm at my desk an hour or two later, the coffee is the perfect temperature to drink. (Also, the lid is a complex assemblage of smaller parts, and I haven't read the instructions yet to see how to disassemble and reassemble it to clean it thoroughly.)
Most recent customer reviews
only problem is it doesn't fill itself. well worth the price.Read more