Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.00 shipping
Thermos Stainless King Vacuum Insulated Food Jar w/Folding Spoon - 16 oz. - Stainless Steel Cranberry
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Thermos kind 16oz food jar- cranberry color
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- THERMOS L.L.C. warrants this Genuine THERMOS Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our website for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Image for reference only: Actual product may vary.
1. Remove lid (A) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove spoon (B) (if present) by pulling up on it.
3. Open container (E) by twisting stopper (C) counterclockwise.
4. Remove gasket (D) from underside of stopper (C).
5. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble. Ensure gasket (D) is properly seated to minimize leaking.
6. Fill container (E) with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for stopper (C), to avoid overflow.
7. Replace both stopper (C) and lid (A) by twisting clockwise.
Note: Spoon (B) (if present) snaps into top of stopper (C) when fully folded and aligned.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through lid when lid is closed. Missing, worn or misaligned gasket may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in the container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening the container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside the container to build, possibly leading to the forceful ejection of the stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open the container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
- If you are unable to open container by hand, do not open it and dispose of it at your local waste facility.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
Thermos kind 16oz food jar- cranberry color
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is the perfect amount of food for me, but it's a little too small for my husband, who prefers the 24 oz container.
Does as advertised and keeps food hot for hours
Easy to clean (see cleaning tips for more info)
Completely leak proof!!
"footprint" is slightly large considering the size
Spoon is useful but harder to clean because it folds (I put it through the dishwasher)
Must be careful to not over tighten the lid while food is hot or it's hard to open later
HOW TO USE:
Either heat water in the microwave or if you have very hot tap water, fill the container with heated water
Cap using the inner screwtop lid
Wait 10-15 minutes, using this time to heat up whatever you'll want to eat for lunch
Pour out water and fill with food
Close inner lid (be careful how tight you screw the lid on, as it cools slightly this makes it hard to open)
Wait until lunch and eat hot to warm food depending on how long it's been
You'll notice in the detailed picture that there is a clear silicon seal around the inner lid. Others have noted that they can't get this clean and mold grows. I slip this ring off and clean all parts separately, by hand, then allow them to air dry. Even with near daily use they still work wonderfully! If anything, I'm thinking about purchasing a few more because I'm lazy and wouldn't mind having one I could bring additional cold items in.
The first photo is a comparison of each of the three models I've purchased. You'll see a size comparison between an iPhone 4 and an Amazon Kindle (and a Border Collie leering in the background).
The second photo is all the components with the same scale reference of an iPhone 4. These are the parts from TWO containers so I could so all the different aspects and parts at the same time.
Items mentioned and shown in the photos:
Thermos Stainless Steel King 24 Ounce Food, Midnight Blue
THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar, Charcoal/Teal
It is of stainless steel construction, so there is some weight to the little guy. So if you happen to drop it, well it may dent (depending on what it fell onto) or it may just roll on down the floor. Done both, the paint isn't flaking off hasn't hurt the integrity of the thermos at all.
Does it really keep things hot/cold? For me it does. I bought this because of the winter and wanted my own soup to bring with me. I would heat my soup up (like it very hot) put it into the thermos and by the time lunch came around, still had to be careful not to burn my mouth. Oh a neat trick is to fill the thermos with hot tap water before filling with your soup/liquid keeps it hotter even longer. The time span would vary (when I ate my meal) usually within 5 hours but if I didn't get around to eating my soup then it would still be hot 8 hours later.
The folding spoon is such a nice idea, I didn't have to carry another spoon with me, and lose it or get a plastic spoon. It is a sturdy spoon it folds down to 2 3/4 inches and unfolds to 6 inches. There are little metal stoppers on the handle so it can only unfold it one way and then refold the opposite way.
I haven't had it leak either, seals up pleasingly. It is made in China. But the Thermos name still has its reputation intact.
I did wait to write this review I wanted to put the thermos through usage to make sure that my initial impression held true, and it has. This is a sound investment that will last for a good length of time.
I will say the the mouth is wide enough to eat from (with the included spoon which is nice) but I had a hard time getting my hearty soup into the container (filled with chunky veggies and beans) without spilling. But the perfect solution for me was a Canning Funnel - it fit perfectly into the opening and I was able to fill the container without issue.
I have already recommended this Thermos to my family and friends - great investment!