Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on September 9, 2015
I purchased this for use in my 7 year old sons lunch box. Instead of sending juice boxes this was an alternative to send other kinds of drinks. It does not leak at all and I can trust it being in his lunchbox. It has a flip out spout and a detachable straw for easy washing. The plastic is strong and durable and I can see it lasting for the entire school year! Perfect for any Iron man fans out there!
14 people found this helpful
on October 5, 2016
I bought two of these water bottles for my grandchildren and they leak all the time. They have flimsy plastic gaskets that are hard to position, they fall out when you open the bottles and are easy to lose. I put them into a Ziplock bag before putting them into my backpack in case they leak and invariably there is water in the bottom of the bag; sometimes lots of water!

I'm quite surprised and disappointed to find that Thermos, with all it's experience and great reputation, makes such a lousy product.
8 people found this helpful
on January 27, 2016
These hydration bottles are great. Just make sure you get a straw cleaner and clean the spout and the straw. You don't want anything growing on there. Other than that, watch out for the gasket that goes in the top. It's a clear O-ring, that if it comes out and you put it in your child's lunch box, well let's just say that they're gonna be eating some soggy PB&J! You also need to make sure the straw on the top cover is closed tightly, so nothing escapes from the little hole that it snaps into. Other than that, it's a great bottle for lunches. We use them at night too for bedtime. It just takes some taking care of, like anything else.

By the way, the cool Yoda design is a plus. It starts to fade after a bit, but so does anything out there. My boys also tend to chew on the straw top, which it seems pretty easy to do. We use them often and have had them for a year. We'll probably need new ones very soon.
3 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Pokémonon September 11, 2017
We were looking for some new water bottles for my 5 year old twin girls, particularly some that didn't require lot of care and less expensive in case they went missing from school. Came across this bottle while doing some searches on amazon, seemed to fit some criteria with it being not very expensive and from a good company.

These bottles look good, but in real use, really made us re-think and spend a bit more. I think the main drawback is that the mechanism to make the straw go into the drinking position requires you to press on the lower part of the straw mechanism, which transfers germs to the base of the straw or the straw itself.

We spent a few more dollars and purchased more funtainer insulated bottles from thermos. they are insulated to keep drinks cold for longer, do not cause condensation on the outside, and have a mechanism that exposes the straw by pressing on the bottle cap.
on September 28, 2017
My toddler has used this water bottle for a year, and I just noticed that this part gets dirty and unreachable with a pipe cleaner. I wash this water bottle every day, and this was the accumulation of scum. I can't complain about the rest of the bottle, it's lasted a year and still going strong. I'll just have to find a replacement lid for it and change it regularly.
3 people found this helpful
on October 16, 2017
I bought this for an up and coming trip to WDW. Needed a water bottle for my son. I rated three stars because it leaks from the vent if the spout is open

Pro(s): exactly what I ordered as far as what it looks like. Great for a basic water bottle. Has a finger loop on it to hook to a stroller or to hold while out and about. Can easily be hooked on to a backpack with a mini carabiner.

Con(s): If spout is open, it leaks non-stop until empty. Does not appear that it will hold cool liquid for a length of time as there is no insulting wall.
review imagereview image
on April 11, 2017
I ordered the Barbie Thermos with the black top and specific image but received one with a white top and completely different image. I can only assume that they ran out so I kept the one that they sent to me. I'm not happy about the switch but the product seems to be a really nice, solid bottle.

I've added a picture of the one I received instead.

2 people found this helpful
on April 26, 2017
You can get bottles for kids anywhere nowadays but the best bottles on the market are the ones we had as kids: they're Thermos. They're the best. This bottle has the best sippy nozzle for a kid that I've seen, won't wear out or break. It works absolutely perfectly. The rubber gaskets are great, and it screws on perfectly every time. It's solid and just well designed everywhere! Best of all, and I didn't even consider this a plus before, but for little fingers and baby toes, it is genius. It's a little smaller than kid water bottles, so when filled (with less than a pound/pint of drink), you can't give your child something too heavy to handle. They're not going to be dropping it on their bare feet.
Love the Paw Patrol puppies. Thermos is so worth it. Cheaper brands will never beat their designers or quality.
on October 23, 2017
I bought this bottle as a gift for a disabled high school student who loves the brand. I was disappointed in the size it is only 5.5 inches high and 9 inches around at the widest part. On the plus side, the straw goes to the bottom of the thermos and the cap is fairly sturdy and would fit nicely in the side of a backpack. The spout is easy to raise and lower. It also has a handy built in hook on the side that folds down nicely and could easily be looped onto a backpack strap. This would be ideal for an elementary age student in a lunch box or to hang on a backpack. I am going to look for something a bit bigger I think.
on April 19, 2016
I love these cups in that they don't spill very easily. They hold a good quantity and once opened.. Easy for my 2 and 4 year old to use. Now the kicker is the "once opened". We have two of these cups and they are so hard to flip the mouthpiece open! It takes opening it from a certain angle and it even takes some effort from me so from a 4 year old it's definitely something i have to do for her. I learned before I give it to her to pop it open but push it down enough to where it doesn't click locked but to where she can flip it open herself. So the difficulty in opening the mouthpiece for your child to drink is the reason why I took off one star. Otherwise it's a good cup.