Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

• Customer Reviews

on February 24, 2011
As other reviewers have noted, this is a great deflector, does the job well, strong magnets keep it in place and it has strong, sturdy construction. I don't know if I'd test out the "Unbreakable" guarantee on the box, but it definitely does the job and is ready to go straight out of the box.

If you are trying to decide (like I was) between this one and the $1.50 cheaper Deflect-O 99 Plastic Magnetic Air Deflector, please just go with this one. I couldn't tell what the difference was so I ordered both out of curiosity. Well this one is Made in the USA of much thicker plastic with sturdier construction--the other one is made in China and is quite flimsy and has a hard time staying together when extended beyond 10". Don't waste your $$ on the other one--stick with this one, Made in the USA and will last much longer for only a buck fifty or so more.
1111 comments| 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2015
Bought this to deflect the dry air being blown on my face while I sleep in bed.
It works great for the purpose and the rooms still reaches the same temperature. It attaches by two small strong magnets and is easy to setup and move (if needed). I may end up buying some more of these so I can divert drafts from my fish tanks!
Would recommend.
on January 14, 2013
I ordered this Model 51 Air Deflector, as well as the Model 52 Air Deflector. I was unable to easily determine the difference between the two online so ordered them to check it out. Details of my discovery follow.

The Model 52 (also sold on Amazon.com):
- Rated for hot/cold
- Designed for Floor Register (air vent)
- Curved Deflector Top
- 3/4 Depth of the Model 51 (smaller than my register)
- A little bit taller than Model 51
- Flimsy Plastic (with hanging chads)
- Difficult to slide to adjust width without breaking
- Mediocre Magnets (strong enough to hold to floor, not to wall)

This Deflect-O Model 51:
- Rated for hot/cold (says so on box if not on website)
- Designed for Wall Register
- Flat Deflector Top angled up from base
- Covers full width of Register
- A little be shorter than Model 52
- Cleaner Plastic with solid feel
- Not particularly easy to slide to adjust, but solid feeling
- Darn strong magnets (would hold onto a ceiling I'm confident)

So in case it isn't clear, I kept the Model 51, and returned the Model 52. The difference in quality was worth the extra 2 dollars (price difference at the time) in my opinion.
22 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2008
This is good for a ceiling vent but probably not for a floor vent. It's very flimsy but holds to the ceiling vent well. Since it won't ever be touched up there, it works great! But if it was on the floor and could be bumped, I don't think it would hold up well. Overall, we're very pleased. Fine product for the price.
22 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2007
These should be everywhere to buy. It puts the air or heat into the room, not up the wall or off to the side. What a difference it has made with the AC. We are actually turning down the AC as it is too cold. Great product.
on October 14, 2011
We happen to have vents located near the outer walls. These work to channel the air into the middle of the room, where a ceiling fan can circulate and make the room temperature more even. They work!
on March 29, 2013
Are these things cheap and simple? Yes. Do they do exactly what you are looking for? Yes.

We had two air vents in our bedroom that were in the ceiling and blowing right down on the bed. We bought these things to just divert the air away from us while we were sleeping, and they do that perfectly. Well worth the cheap cost!
on November 29, 2015
Magnets and design are appropriate, however this product melts on heat registers. I may have hotter registers than others, but the temp tolerance in the plastic should be much higher. See pics of two below, first is completely warped and the second has begun to warp. UPDATE: Changing from two stars to one. Because the company is spamming the sh*t out of me, reminding me to review the product after I have reviewed it!
on January 12, 2012
This product does not do even the simplest function in its name. I placed the Model 50 "Unbreakable" Air Deflector on my wall heat register last night. When I woke up this morning, the plastic had melted (see my picture of it in the Customer Pictures), and the heater had not been running for several hours. If this product cannot even stand normal heating, it is completely useless to me. Fortunately Amazon will refund it and pay for return shipping, so 5 stars for their customer service on this incident. I would highly recommend against purchasing this item and attempting to use it on a heat register.
review image
1010 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2011
This is a very straightforward product comprising two pieces that easily slide together for adjustable fit. They use hard magnets rather than the flexible type, and have no problem sticking strongly to my vents. I haven't painted over my vents so I don't know how that would affect them, but I think they would be just fine. The price is very reasonable for what you get, which is a product that does exactly what it is supposed to do.

After over 6 months of ownership, I can say these are pretty durable too. I have one in a high traffic area that's been kicked dozens of times, and it hasn't been broken or scratched yet.
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse