- File Size: 226 KB
- Print Length: 72 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Haunted Computer Books (January 15, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 15, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004SQQWIQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #873,804 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
These Things Happened Kindle Edition
The latest book club pick from Oprah
"The Underground Railroad" by Colson Whitehead is a magnificent tour de force chronicling a young slave's adventures as she makes a desperate bid for freedom in the antebellum South. See more
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
It was fascinating to get to see inside the mind of a very talented writer. These stories are both hilarious and touching. And so well written. It was one of those books where I started noticing and appreciating the word choice in addition to getting a good experience. I was sad when I finished the book.
I'm glad SN is finding so much success as of late and people are finally recognizing his genius. ;)
Thanks for sharing yourself with us.
1. Our Future Together - Story*
2. In Back of Time - Poem
3. Postcards From a Book Tour - Essay*
4. Everything Equals Nothing - Story
5. City of Dreams - Poem
6. The Red Plastic Bat - Story*
7. As I Die Lying - Chapter
8. Every Sunday She Dreams - Story
9. Transformation - Poem
10. Dr. Mann - Essay
11. Dead Cats and Rain - Story*
12. Four Stories, One Flight of Stairs - Poem
13. So You Want To Be a Writer? - Essay*
*My Favorites. I laughed (Postcards), got a little teary (Our Future Together), had a moment of melancholy (The Red Plastic Bat), cringed a little (Dead Cats) and laughed again (So you want to be a writer). If you're like me, a fan of short stories, you won't be disappointed. This book is a steal at 99 cents.
Thanks Scott, for being brave enough to share.
Scott Nicholson brought out some important ideas in his stories, including some that people take a life time to understand. To truly comprehend the magnitude in his words, opens up a broader perspective on not only literature but daily life lessons as well.
The story engagement was a little wary for me. The story lines were well established and his writing style is somewhat addicting, but I found the collection overall lacking. I believe that the connection to the reader was not there, that we felt and understood what he meant and what he was trying to present through stories, but I just couldn't relate or even attempt to relate to what was happening in the stories. The mixture of poems, essays, and stories was a little deceiving at first too. The stories were much more presentable in the connection than the poems. I felt the poems were more clever phrases verses clever meanings.
Overall, this book was interesting and opened a few new perspectives for me.
Christa Polkinhorn, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These Things Happened was an interesting collection of short stories,poems and essays. Some were sad, creepy and some just strange. Read morePublished on March 1, 2013 by Cindy
Scott Nicholson always delivers a great scary story. As I read I can feel the chills down my spine! You will feel like you are one of the characters!Published on January 22, 2013 by Kindle Customer
Scott Nicholson's writing is addictive to say the least. I really enjoyed this book a lot. The characters came to life and were believable -- and darn it, I got attached and... Read morePublished on September 24, 2012 by Mr. Gerald Thompson
The author suggests that reading this book is like stepping into his mind, and that afterward you may not like him. Not true. Read morePublished on August 7, 2011 by Jonathan Maberry -NY Times Bestseller
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Essays & Correspondence > Essays
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Essays & Correspondence > Essays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors