Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 101 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on April 29, 2017
This tester works great. I use it to test for spark on my Ford 8N tractor. I like the fact that you can adjust the gap width depending on the type of ignition system you are testing. There are instructions on the packaging to help you determine the proper width if you don't know what it should be. I the only question I have concerns durability since the grounding clamp is tack welded, but so far so good.
on August 23, 2017
Number 1 reason to buy this over the glowing type tester is you can accurately measure the strength of the spark. I had a weak ignition coil but it was firing. This tool tells me my spark can only arc half the gap of a normal output. Saving me lots of time and money, since I can focus on improving the spark quality. Before using this tool, I thought I had bad gas, dirty carb, worn rings even sheared timing gear. Solved my chipper no start problem. It wasn't clear in the instruction that you do not test it in-line with a spark plug - it tests by acting like an adjustable spark plug outside of the combustion cylinder.
on January 9, 2017
Probably the best spark plug tester I've used! Love the fact that it's adjustable unlike others out there.

Worth noting that the spark can arc outside of the casing, and you can get zapped.
Works well and accomplishes its purpose. If you don't have a problem, of course you won't need this, but if you pull the plug wire with the motor running and DON'T see the long spark, you might give this a go to see for sure you have a problem. Just remember you are not protected from shock if you use this, so be careful
on May 3, 2016
I liked this little tool I used it on my lawnmower and my motorcycle. It does require low light to get more detail about the spark. I had a bad stator on my dirtbike and it was still showing some spark but the difference between the old stator and the new stator was night and day. Good spark should be really nice blue color mine was a whiteish color initially after the new stator really nice wide blue spark.
on May 28, 2013
Difficult to see if you have spark on small engines when they fail to start. This little tool solves the problem, simply remove the spark plug and install the tester, lets you visually see the spark.
on May 19, 2012
This product works as advertised. The spark does not show up well in bright light so I shielded the tester using a black trash bag. I did not consider this to be a problem when compared with the price of the tester.
on May 30, 2017
It may work for auto ignitions with their fat spark, but I saw nothing with my lawn mower and its small magneto.
on May 28, 2017
I use this on small engines exclusively. It works great and can be positioned to see it while cranking over the engine.
on June 16, 2017
junk, not worth the money, much better units for a couple dollars more.