- File Size: 1776 KB
- Print Length: 29 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press; 1 edition (May 31, 2016)
- Publication Date: May 31, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01GFA35IW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,648,902 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
They Called Him Nightmare (2016 Daily Dose - A Walk on the Wild Side Book 25) Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
For 26 pages this short story carried quite a punch and surprisingly had a lot of information. The story opens with Kai, known as Nightmare to the kids in school and even to the teachers, for his dark skin and Alec who is known as the golden boy because he comes from the wealthy side of town.
Both boys are in high school, at the time, and even though Alec appears to be the one that has it all, underneath he is the real monster that everyone assumes Kai to be. Kai keeps his head down and just tries to get through each day and keeps to himself but one encounter with Alec seems to change the course of his destiny.
For ten years Alec searches for Kai and once he finds him it will be up to Kai as to whether he will finally give in and allow him to be the mate he is suppose to be. Both supernatural beings living opposite lives but both needing the same from each other.
The author takes the reader on a dark journey only giving brief details here and there but it was enough to pull me in and keep me really interested in what was going to happen. We don't know what happened during the ten years they were apart and I'm sure each reader will take away the ending differently.
This is the first time reading anything from Deja Black and I have to say I was completely immersed in the world she created. I would definitely be interested in reading more about Kai and Alec
They Called Him Nightmare was filled with fantasy and romance that is thrust upon you joyfully. Kai is special, gifted, different. Because of that people make fun of him call him nightmare because of his appearance. No one likes him aside from his Mama… Except Alec. Alec knows different, he IS different. And he’s also Kai’s true mate.
This may have been a short story but it was magical and beautiful and I really enjoyed it.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Gay Romance
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Romantic
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > LGBT
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > LGBT > Gay Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > LGBT
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban