- Series: North American Indian Prose Award
- Paperback: 215 pages
- Publisher: University of Nebraska Press; Third printing edition (August 1, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0803279574
- ISBN-13: 978-0803279575
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 13 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #666,891 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
They Called It Prairie Light: The Story of Chilocco Indian School (North American Indian Prose Award) Third printing Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Lomawaima allows the Chilocco student to speak for themselves. In recollections juxtaposed against the official records of racist ideology and repressive practice, student from the 1920s and 1930s recall their loneliness and demoralization but also remember with pride the love and mutual support binding them together- the forging of now pan-Indian identities and reinforcement of old tribal ones.