- Hardcover: 168 pages
- Publisher: Focus on the Family Pub; English Language edition (July 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1561792535
- ISBN-13: 978-1561792535
- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 6.5 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 122 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #362,735 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Way They Learn Hardcover – July, 1994
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Bring out the best in your children―by understanding the way they learn.
If you’re frustrated that your child isn’t learning the way you did, chances are he or she is too! In this practical resource, Cynthia Ulrich Tobias explains that understanding how you both learn can make all the difference.
An expert in education and learning styles, the author offers practical guidance for teaching to your child’s strengths―both at home and in school―even when his or her learning style is very different from your own. Enlightening and informative, this book will help you with these issues:
- the different ways children perceive and order information
- four learning styles and how your style and your child’s may differ
- how to bring out your child’s greatest strengths
- ways to help your child grasp and remember what’s being taught
- tips for advocating for your child with teachers
- how your involvement can increase your child’s success at school
About the Author
Cynthia Ulrich Tobias is founder and CEO of AppLe St. (Applied Learning Styles) and coordinates education and commerce programs throughout North America and internationally. She is a speaker and the best-selling author of several books including Every Child Can Succeed, Bring out the Best in Your Child, Do You Know What I Like About You? and You Can’t Make Me (But I Can be Persuaded). She lives near Seattle, Washington.--This text refers to the Digital edition.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was recommended by a home schooling mom and nail it! Understanding the way people learn will help those moms worried about their children future to teach them the way they need! Not the usual "get forced by the regular school system" type of teaching.
This is a book to unleash the genius that is within every person...schools are a thing of the past (if they don't update!)