Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 23, 2013
I don't have kids but I have 8 nieces and nephews, am an early elementary school teacher AND I'm a big TMBG fan. I was familiar with some of the songs like "QU" and "Can you find the hidden H?" and have definitely seen the 123's at my brother's place with my niece so decided to give this one a try. There are a few songs that are solidly helpful as far as learning is concerned whereas some are a little on the thin side in that department. I like that the vowel song repeats that each word needs a vowel but it doesn't repeat the vowels a ton so kids won't remember them unless they listen to the song a ton. Not a problem really but just some things I was thinking about as I previewed it with my K's and 1st graders in mind.

Having said that John and John can do no wrong in my eyes and I will definitely be using this in school!
on May 26, 2009
If you're thinking of buying this DVD, you should!. My 6-yr-old niece first heard the "Go for G" song on Playhouse Disney and loved it. Since we got the DVD two weeks ago, she has watched it many, many times and likes to jump along to some of the songs on her foam-alphabet floor puzzle. She also has the songs on a CD and likes to sing along to them in the car.
I almost didn't buy the DVD because I read in other reviews that it was not very educational, but I disagree. I think the other reviewers were disappointed because they expected something more traditional and comprehensive. They may have expected more of a focus on phonics or memorizing the alphabet, but I think the focus is on letter recognition. Also, the DVD doesn't give every letter the same attention, so it may seem random, but I'm sure there is a reason for everything :). For example, in the "E Eats Everything" song, some of the lyrics are obviously reinforcing phonics, like "C likes only candy," while other lyrics like "K drinks only soda" left me confused at first. In this case, I think the focus was on what the letter looks like because the letter "k" pours the soda with its "leg" and drinks with its "arm." And even if I can't figure out the meanings behind some of the choices, that's not the tone of the DVD--IT'S FUN and I think it will motivate many children to look and think about letters in a different way.
My niece has probably passed the letter-recognition stage, but I think she is still benefiting from the reinforcement, and the songs also deal with phonics, vowels, geography, and words, among other things. My 2-year-old niece likes to watch the DVD with her cousin, so I'm sure she also will benefit from the DVD.
And if you're a fan of TMBG, you should buy this DVD just for the songs :). I have at least six favorites that I listen to on my own :)--but you have to see the videos :). They're colorful, quirky, go well with the songs, and have different styles so that you don't get bored visually.
I've already ordered "Here Come the 1,2,3s" so my niece and I are looking forward to that!
on June 8, 2016
A WONDERFUL and FUN way to learn the ABCs. This isn't your average children's song and dance! The songs are ridiculous on purpose! My favorite songs are "Go for G" and " C for Conifers". These songs teach kids that learning is fun, different, and sometimes wierd. I have purchased this DVD for EVERY CHILD I KNOW! These songs will inspire dance parties in the living room. CAUTION: These songs will get stuck in your head, but you won't mind!
on December 4, 2016
A family favorite. My husband and I still sing QU and our son is 14. We get this for any baby we know between a year and 3. Finally, an ABC video that parents want to mute
on January 6, 2016
This is the best DVD for kids, highly recommend! Not annoying for parents like other kids movies and music. Great for learning
on November 10, 2015
Bought this as a gift for my nephew because my daughter loved it. The tunes are short and catchy (will give you earworms). Follows current knowledge about early childhood learning. I also strongly recommend "Here Comes the 1,2,3s".
on March 3, 2016
My granddaughter really liked it, her mom says she sings the songs all the time.
on April 1, 2012
we started showing this to my son after his 1st birthday. by the time he was 1.5 years old, he could sing his entire alphabet, could point to a indentify all the letters in a letter puzzle, and just generally loves the abcs, and this is still his fav dvd!
on July 31, 2017
My son went through a phase where we had to watch this movie every day (he was about two)... we love it!
on November 3, 2008
My daughter is 4 years old and she absolutely loves this DVD. As an adult, I am not ashamed to admit I can sing each song word for word as well. Yes I know my ABC's but I don't remember having so much fun learning them. They make music and learning fun for all ages to get involved.