Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

I want to join the chorus of those who have found great value in this little book. The reason this book is so powerful is because it goes beyond just platitudes about the value of trust. I think we all get that. What this book contributes to the conversation is specific actions (even scripts) for how to build or regain trust. First, the author pulls apart the broad notion of trust and introduces four critical distinctions that more precisely identify when trust is there and when it's missing. The distinctions are sincerity, reliability, competence, and care. These distinctions then provide a foundation for conversations with teammates for addressing each. The book presents real-world examples of trust breakdowns we can all relate to, and then goes on to describe dialogs one can have with work colleagues for dealing with the specific breakdown in a non-judgmental manner. Perhaps the best chapter in the book is the one that deals with confronting distrust by providing practical action steps and scripts that are mature, authentic, and plausible, i.e., I can see myself having these conversations. The book is thin, but thick with value for anyone seeking to improve both their trust in others and other's trust in you.
on February 22, 2015
Charles Feltman offers simple and effective strategies, techniques and advice in this book. Sincerity, reliability, competence and care is key to being trusted and perceived as trustworthy. When we own the time honored quality of trustworthiness, we can succeed in business and life.

Trust is the catalyst of all functional human interaction. When we are untrustworthy, we resort to dysfunctional ways and means of getting what we want and having our needs met.
Being untrustworthy, is a reflection of our own character deficiency, lack of faith in our self and our abilities to succeed.

In today's world, the question on most if not all people's lips is, 'Whom can I trust?'
The individual and or business entity that owns such trust and credibility, will become unimaginably successful in the 21st Century.
on November 4, 2017
Critical topic well explored and explained. There is a nice balance of both the dynamics/rules of trust and illustrations by which to apply them constructively. I found his breakdown of the elements of trust especially useful, as were has suggestions for dealing with people whose trust Is in question.
on April 6, 2011
We all go through life trusting others and earning the trust of others. Trust provides the foundation for success, joy and meaning in our personal and professional lives. "The Thin Book of Trust" by Charles Feltman is a valuable resource that deals with trust in action terms. As we all know from experience, `having work relationships built on trust allows us to get better, faster results, with less stress.' Feltman's book provides a practical guide for building and sustaining such relationships based on trust.

Feltman offers a framework for earning the trust of others, restoring trust when it is broken and confronting issues of distrust in a constructive way. He tells us about four distinctions of trust: sincerity, reliability, competence and care. We build trust by working on these four aspects. We can deal with most issues of distrust if we learn to carry out our dialogues based on the four distinctions rather than umbrella terms that label someone as "untrustworthy."

There are a number of sample conversations in the book based on real situations at the workplace. Most of the readers would be able to identify occasions when they have been in such situations. The book has not only clarified certain concepts for me, but also given me the confidence that building trust is very much dependent on what I say and do. It also teaches me constructive ways to deal with issues of distrust. I recommend the book without hesitation.
on November 25, 2017
A must read for everyone who has a job. I mean it.
on December 11, 2009
Charles Feltman has written the book we all need to become more trustworthy and to nurture, sustain and regain trust in relationships - maybe the only book we need. Not only will putting Feltman's principles into action improve your relationships, he provides a fabulous tool for coaching others as well. Understand the four elements of trust and apply them to become a most trustworthy and trusting friend, colleague and family member.
on May 16, 2017
Excellent book for the office
on May 30, 2016
Great book that gets to the point powerfully and effectively. Have started to use it in my leadership development training classes because it gives language and definition for elements of trust making distinctions, clarity, conversation and understanding possible.
on August 30, 2016
The message is important and the book will be helpful with different groups of workers and I ones private life. There were at least two instances where sentences were started and not completed. Also found some typos. Book editing was not as careful as it could have been.
on May 1, 2013
This is a quick read that allows folks to look at the components of trust and assess what needs to be shored up within themselves in order to build or extend trust. It also gives people great sample conversations when wanting to discuss issues of trust with another or take responsibility for their part in a conflict. As a mediator I find this to be a valuable tool when working with work teams and individuals.