Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$7.75+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on September 12, 2016
Jeanie the Meanie was a great character in this book. There were lots of good lessons in the book. It was funny and touching. I would recommend this to 4th and 5th graders..

Molly S.
on December 11, 2009
This book is called The Thing About Georgie by Lisa Graff. Georgie is a boy in the 4th grade. But the thing is, he is very short. Sometimes he gets teased at school. Georgie has a best friend named Andy. They do a lot of things together like they have a dog walking business and they play many games together. But, Andy gets another friend named Russ and Andy starts to ditch Georgie for Russ. Another big problem is that his mom is pregnet. Georgie doesn't like this. Georgie is also afraid that the new baby will be taller than him. Meanie the Jeanie is a mean girl at Georgie's school. She makes fun of him. At the end they do a project together and they actually become pretty good friends. I like this book because it constantly had new events happening so it kept me interested. That is why I gave it 5 stars. I would recommend this book to people who like realistic fiction and storys about kids.
on July 9, 2009
I picked up this book to read because it has been nominated for the Illinois Rebecca Caudill award this year. As a fourth grade teacher, I found this story to be a wonderful depiction of personal struggles and friendships children experience within their daily lives. From the point of view of a young boy, Georgie, the reader gains perspective of what it is to be a person smaller that others but he truly discovers that everyone has gifts to share no matter what his size. I think this is an excellent example for children to be introduced to either as a read-aloud or independent selection. I would highly recommend this book and I plan to read it aloud to my class during the upcoming school year.
on May 28, 2016
I ordered this for my son's AP Reading class, and we read it together. It has a great message, and I love that it had my son thinking twice about the way he looks at others. I would highly recommend this for 4th graders and up.
on January 21, 2015
EXCELLENT insight into the life of a child who is a dwarf (Yes, dwarf is politically correct. The word that gets a big objection is midget - I don't really know why). It is an interesting, fast read, and left me wanting to read more. At the time of my read, my 2nd grandson was born a dwarf. SO GLAD I READ THIS!!
on December 1, 2016
My son is short like Georgie. It is a very good book for schools and children. You should read the book.
on March 9, 2015
I read this for battle of the books and I stayed up all night to read it even though I had standardized testing (iowa test) the next day I really recomend this book IT IS AWESOME😀😀😀😀😀🐬🐋🐳🐬🏊🏊🏊💯
on May 28, 2016
Loved this book. This is a great story about a 4th grade boy who is a dwarf and how it affects his life.
on December 2, 2016
One of the best books I have read.
on April 4, 2015
This was the first realistic fiction book my 4th grader has ever read. He absolutely loved it. There were a few words in this book that I had to help him with.