Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Things
Format: DVD|Change

on January 26, 2018
things-are you kidding? This is not good even if it were made by high school students- Bad filming, bad acting, Just terrible- makes no sense , no imagination, I just do not understand what reviewers are watching- It should not even be considered a cult film- if i were part of that cult, i would consider suicide- really, the film is unwatchable and is nothing more than a bunch of friends acting dopey with dopey props and amber Lynn hanging around reading off of a teleprompter- (hand made ,of course) saying nothing- No wonder barry J gillis never went anywhere with his career- just watching his appearance on a cable news show is uncomfortable- do not waste your time or a cent on this garbage
on March 30, 2015
One of the most goriest films and all around twisted B-grade, or should I say Z-grade film. Don't let that push you away, because this is one of the greatest, oddest, twisted, blood and guts mayhem, you will ever see. Intervision Pictures brought this old school, forgotten about horror, gore, to the masses once again, and that is a good thing for my movie loving, horror fiend reality. This is not for everyone, crap, it's not for most, but the few that get, and know about it, understand it, and it's ultimate sadistic beauty. www.abucketofcorn.com
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 10, 2012
Although THINGS was released in 1989, I had never heard of it until I purchased the Intervision DVD. Since then, THINGS has catapulted into the top 10 list of my favorite films of all-time. Yes, it's that good, although 'good' may not be the right word for it. THINGS sure didn't win any awards for acting, and it most certainly didn't win any awards for screenwriting. In fact, I'm not completely sure the filmmakers even used a script. None of that matters though, because what THINGS lacks in acting and narrative it makes up for in atmosphere and a sense of impending doom; facilitated by bizarre lighting and an eerie soundtrack. There have been plenty of synopses written for THINGS that make it sound terrible, don't let them keep you from seeing this film. You must experience THINGS for yourself, but be warned, you may never be the same.
on December 19, 2014
College buddies Don and Fred go to visit their friend Doug at his cabin in the woods. Doug's wife is pregnant and it turns out that a doctor conducting weird medical experiments somehow impregnated her with bug parasites. She dies after giving birth to jumbo-sized killer bug creatures and they cause trouble for Don, Fred and Doug in the cabin during a blackout. Fred mysteriously disappears and Don and Doug try to find him while fighting off the giant bugs. This ultra low budget Super 8 vomit fest from Toronto is definitely one of the worst atrocities ever committed to film. Yet it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen too! Adult film star Amber Lynn plays a TV news reporter who reads her lines off of cue cards. This is her first non-adult movie. They throw in references to George Romero and Traci Lords. There's also a scene where the guys make fun of a cheap horror movie playing on TV. We get lots of extreme (but amateurish) gore effects, slime, puking, paper mache bug puppets, and outrageous dialogue. My favorite lines are "Does a toilet flush in a blackout?" "Oh my god! I hammered your head in! Are you alright?" and "Little f*#kers! Come back with my eyeball!" Get this one if you need a good laugh. Barry J. Gillis co-wrote and co-produced with director Andrew Jordan. He also plays the part of Don. Nick Zedd is thanked in the end credits. With Doug Bunston, Bruce Roach, and Jan W. Pachul. Not Rated Available on legitimate DVD from InterVision Picture Corp., an offshoot label of Severin Films.
on March 8, 2012
Basically, I love this film because it's not like any other movie I've ever seen. Just posted my testimony over at the Cult of Cthulhu website. Since I can't post a direct link just search for this, "Things: A Nightmare Narrative in Magenta and Sapphire". Would love to read your comments.

Thanks,

VS
on March 22, 2012
So I was browsing through movies to watch on amazon and this little.... thing.... came up. I was hoping for something on par with troll 2 and the room and trust me, I was not disappointed. This movie is terrible in every aspect you try to look at it in. which to me and a group of my friends made for a hilarious movie night. So gather round all very, very bad movie watchers, get some friends a few beers and "whatever" may suit your taste and prepare for the most unintended laugh fest in cinematic history!
on November 30, 2014
Its different and it wont appeal to everyone.. BUT after a second viewing I found some humor and fun in this film. I myself am a patient person but the pacing of this film is unbearable at times, that's why I gave it 4 stars..
Its still a feat for 2 teenagers to pull off.

A cabin in the woods scenario clearly influenced by the evil dead.
with creatures that are reminiscent of the deadly spawn.

If you enjoy lower budget comedy/horror you should enjoy this film!
on October 12, 2016
This film opens a whole new level to the ""wtf" film genre.

Words alone cannot describe the horrible technical glitches, ridiculous sporadic lighting, muffled audio, silly dialogue and plot direction of this film. If you thought Troll 2 or Manos: The Hands of Fate were bad, then view Things!
on January 24, 2013
So for our monthly bad movie night I bought, and we watched "Things". I can safely say our perspective on bad movies changed as soon as that AWESOME trailer came on (what movie IS THAT!!!???)

Needless to say, we had a ball watching the movie, and have since recommended it to all of our fellow bad movie lovers..lol

Classic material...just need to find that movie in the trailer!
on January 13, 2017
One of the worst movies ever! This is a movie they talk about in whispers. You do need to see this film at least once. Honestly worse than Manos or Monster A Go Go. Be warned..