- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Broadway; 1 edition (June 10, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0767913973
- ISBN-13: 978-0767913973
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.9 x 6.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (12 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,342,232 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
30 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do Before Turning 30 Paperback – June 10, 2003
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From Publishers Weekly
Adcock, a freelance writer and former editor at Anchor Books, offers her take on popular how-to-fix-anything guide books. In a generous tone that captures the mindset of her 20-something audience ("The secret to making friends and influencing people... is knowing how to do stuff"), she offers readers advice and hints on wrapping presents ("If you are going to put a bow or ribbon on, make sure it coordinates somehow with the paper"); ordering wine at a restaurant ("the least expensive wines are usually marked up the most"); and holding a baby ("chances are good that unless you have hooks for hands you will someday be asked to do it"). While the selections themselves do seem arbitrary (they are arranged in such categories as "Skills that Save Time or Money," and "Skills that Save Face"), there's no harm in mastering each one.
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc.
From the Inside Flap
Competence. Now in convenient book format
30 must-have life skills every capable adult should perfect before turning 30.
You?re old enough to own property and have a family, but can you safely open a bottle of champagne? Or change a flat tire? 30 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do Before Turning 30 provides idiot-proof instructions for mastering these and other essential, face-saving, and possibly life-saving skills.
You?ll learn how to...
1. wrap a present
2. start a successful fire in a fireplace, at a campsite, and in a barbecue
3. finish a piece of furniture
4. get a raise
5. order wine at a restaurant without getting stiffed
6. parallel park in three breathtakingly beautiful movements
7. dance a ?slow dance? without looking like an idiot
8. use a full place setting properly, including chopsticks and Asian soup spoons
9. clean your place in under 45 minutes, when friends, relatives, or prospective lovers are coming by unexpectedly, and soon
10. hold your liquor
11. cure a hangover
12. do the Heimlich Maneuver
13. use a compass
14. change a flat
15. jump start a car
16. open a champagne bottle
17. send a drink to someone?s table
18. cook one ?signature meal?
19. whistle with your fingers
20. take good pictures
21. fold a fitted sheet
22. remove common stains
23. sew a button
24. carve turkey, lasagna, and birthday cake
25. hold a baby
26. change a diaper
27. keep a plant alive for more than a year
28. make dogs and cats love you
29. help someone (an older or ill person, a woman you?re trying to impress, your mother) out of a car
30. write superior thank you notes
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?