Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on December 2, 2016
A good anthology to share with teen girls to encourage the to create poems of their own or to open up topics of discussion. It really struck me how many of them had to do with body image. I knew in my head that this is still a huge issue for girls today, but seeing it in their poems broke my heart a little.

My edition came with the cover on backwards. The rest of the book was perfect, but because this was bought as a donation I went ahead and ordered a second copy. I hope that one is okay.
VINE VOICEon July 13, 2007
Fridays are poetry days in my classroom. Every few weeks, I pull out this book, or You Hear Me?, and read a poem or two. Time and again, students will approach me after class and ask to borrow the book. These poems say to kids what Whitman, Frost (sorry--you know I love you, Robert) and Tennyson just can't. Kids must speak to kids. These books assure tentative nascent poets that they can do it, too, and they deliver a strong peer message to kids who are struggling. Betsy Franco has done a great thing here.
on April 14, 2010
I GOT THIS BOOK FOR MY 13 YR OLD DAUGHTER AND SHE LOVES IT. SHE DOES SOME POEMS HERSELF SO I THOUGHT THIS BOOK WOULD HELP MOTIVATE HER AND GIVE HER INSIGHT ON DIFFERENT KINDS OF POEMS, AND IT HAS DONE THAT FOR HER.
on December 27, 2014
great teaching tool
on January 16, 2015
Way too dark for most young teens. Especially young girls dealing with becoming a young woman.