Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 30, 2012
Alicia Morga has a knack for summarizing the most important aspects of a topic in a manner that is both relatable and informational. The 20 lessons presented here provide not only a sense of reinforcement for current entrepreneurs but they also serve to inspire those of us who hope to achieve a similar level of success one day.

My favorite chapters, personally, include:

-FEAR: Serving as a reminder that being an entrepreneur requires the courage to persist despite the presence of one's fears.

-Detail: Professionally (and even personally) I do my best to pay attention to detail. In the hubbub of daily life and work-place craziness it can be easy to forget its importance but the truth of the matter is its the attention (or lack-there-of) to detail that generates the basis for first impressions.

-Your Word: I couldn't help but say "hallelujah" after reading this chapter. The ease with which promises are made in the business world only to be cast aside never ceases to amaze me, which is why I'm always thrilled with those who do follow through.

All in all, there is a wealth of food for thought in these pages.
on February 14, 2015
This is a super short book of 20 chapters and about 20 pages (plus front/back matter of course). Each chapter is a short thought on what it means to be an entrepreneur.

There are lots of great take aways in this short book and it starts right out of the gate with possible the foundational thought for your whole life:

…did you do what you said you would do? And if you didn’t, were you accountable?

Yup it starts off by talking about being a person of your word. Do what you say you will and don’t let the little things like sending an email a day late turn the experience of working with you in to something bad.

There are a number of other things that are great points in this book so yes I think you should read it. Now if I had paid full price for the print version, I probably wouldn’t have been happy, but it was free via Kindle and I certainly would have paid $5-10 for it and come away with some great value.
on March 22, 2012
Alicia is an incredibly wise and thoughtful entrepreneur. Her short and powerful book gives you a no-BS account of what really matters for founders and entrepreneurs. I'm an entrepreneur myself (Co-founder HireArt.com, YCombinator W12) and absolutely loved this little book.

Favorite parts:
-Chapter on perception (i.e., we have to understand that the way we are perceived by others is the reality they know about us)
-Chapter on choice and the need to step away from our own limited viewpoints to see a full picture about our situation (best quote "to a worm in horseradish, the world is horseradish")
-Chapter on actually sticking to your word. As an entrepreneur you have a million things to do and sometimes it's easy to forget to write back to an email or do a task. But the point is, if you don't have time, don't overcommit. Do less and do it well.

Great advice. It'll take you 20 minutes to read and is just a great reminder of what matters. The beauty of the book is that it says everything, but says it in the most succinct possible way. Straight to the point.

-Elli Sharef
[...]
on January 27, 2014
I recommend it. I like this book because it is short and straight-forward. It contains good information from someone who has gone through the process and can share her insight. The tips are simple and obvious, but they are very important because so many people forget the obvious or ignore it completely.

I wish it had a table of contents so I could search through the book without having to bookmark everything. Still, the book is full of good tips to remember and refer to when the time arises.

Really, the tips are not just for entrepreneurs. They are tips for a standard of conduct for anyone in the workplace and in daily life.

If the book contained anecdotes or more details to illustrate how the author gained her insight for each tip, this book would be awesome.
on November 19, 2012
I downloaded '20 Things I've Learned as an Entrepreneur' on a free day and read it within a day or so of downloading it.

It is well-structured and formatted, and has some useful tips.

There is a lot in this book that just reiterates common sense, but it is handy to be reminded of this sometimes. Nothing here is rocket science, just simple, straightforward tips on topics such as working, and treating others how you want to be treated yourself; often this comes down to just plain and simple manners - sadly lacking with some.

A good book, clear and easy to read. If you think you could benefit from some simple tips, then this books is worth it.

Thanks Alicia.
on January 13, 2013
This a small book with very specific lessons that the author got from her experience as entrepreneur. I like it because is just experience. You read this in very short time, and the reading is enjoyable. You can go back to this book over and over.
on April 28, 2013
Straight and to the point. A Forum and a Podcast would complete the picture. Webinars archived for school presentation. You Tube agency and certifications (MBA) would be welcome. The Entrepreneur who can and will share steps and complete the picture with viable solutions and employment leads, is worth his/her weight in gold. Branding yourself as a Pro and guaranteeing results is the new business model. The old Caveat Emptor model is dead. I would use Alicia as an opening salvo for any training program to build creative mentality. Maybe a cure for depression.
on April 5, 2014
Alicia Morga talks about the 20 most important lessons she learned on her way up the entrepreneurial ladder in a short but informative book. Her advice is you have to TALK THE WALK AND WALK THE TALK. After all, your business is you, isn’t it? In other words, if your business is based on certain guiding principles and you don’t PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, can you honestly expect success? I don’t think so. It could have been a little longer.
on June 18, 2015
Arrived as promised and was very helpful.
on February 18, 2014
I enjoyed this book very much because it was short and to the point. I'm a mother of 3 boys 8, 9 & 10, a job, and in school 2 nights a week. Did I mention I'm trying to build my own business? I love getting this information under my belt in under an hour, things I can really put to use in my business right now! Thank you for this book~