Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oh, The Things You Can Do That Are Good for You: All About Staying Healthy (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on November 12, 2004
This is one of the better books in The Cat in the Hat Learning Library series. The rhymes are reminiscent of the true Seussian style as are the characters in the book.

The topics this book covers are: exercise, germs, washing, food pyramid, drinking water, brushing your teeth, wearing helmets and getting enough sleep.
on December 9, 2005
I like this book because it taught me all different things when i was littler. Like how to brush my teeth, floss, wash my hands, wash my hair, get exercise,how to deal with a cold, the right food to eat, and how its important at the end of the day to get your rest. This book taught me so much and im thankful for that.

Alyssa Seifferly
on January 29, 2013
In true Dr Seuss fashion (although this one isn't actually written by the good doctor), rhymes, giggles and fabulous illustrations abound in this book. Silly non-words aside, this book does a great job teaching nutrition, hygiene, and other healthy habits to the younger set (probably 2nd grade and under). My one complaint ~ this book, published in 2001 (?), uses the OLD "Food Pyramid"...you know, the one that suggests you eat up to 11 servings of grains in a day? Yeah, that one. The food pyramid has since evolved (several times over) and is now MyPlate, which encourages half your plate be fruits and vegetables, something the old pyramid neglected. But, it's easy enough to slip that info in while you're reading if you care to.
on April 22, 2013
This book was a fun, educational, rhyming book. I read it to a group of children ages 4-5 and they all really enjoyed it. However, it does have a page about the food pyramid, which is no longer the standard for teaching nutrition. Other than that, it was great!
on May 8, 2014
Compared to other Learning Library books (Inside your Outside, Oh Say Can you Seed) this more resembled the Cat in the Hat reading books (Green Eggs and Ham, There's a Wocket in my Pocket) in my opinion. My kids enjoyed having it read to them, but weren't as enamored by the "education" as with the previous Learning Library books I mentioned. To me it didn't seem very educational.
on April 20, 2014
I bought this to review some of the concepts my students had been learning about in our Personal Health unit. It touched on so many things we'd learned about this year and/or will be learning. It's written in classic Suess style, using classic (albeit slightly altered) Suess characters. My students, and I, enjoyed this book. In the future, I think I'll use it at the beginning of the year to help introduce "Health" and some of the topics we'll be covering in K-2 Health.
on November 9, 2006
The book is great and has wonderful healthy positive messages. My kids love it and ask to read it over and over. The only dissapointment is that it still has one page with the old food guide pyramid.
on October 17, 2005
My kids (boys 8 and 5) still ask to hear this book at bedtime at least once every couple of weeks, so obviously the intended audience enjoys this. My own objections -- having read the thing aloud to said kids at least 100 times -- are largely aesthetic. The rhymes in this book are either strained

It can travel five feet

and blasts out with great power

at speeds over one hundred

miles an hour!

or facile (the Garoo in Fadoo tell me true, they do - just like you!) to a degree that bugs me as a Seuss fan.

To be fair, this problem turns up throughout the Learning Library series, not just in the volumes written by Tish Rabe. When you have to cover every health issue under the sun short of cancer and addiction (or every dinosaur or aspect of plant reproduction), it's probably pretty rough to hold a rhyme scheme and use words that kids can understand. Rabe does a respectable enough job at it that -- well, guess what the little Dinos want to hear again tonight?
on December 27, 2012
Another good Cat in the Hat book. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is that a repeat read has not been requested by our 4 year old, who much prefers the "Inside Your Outside" book she received at the same time.
on June 10, 2016
Our grandkids love these Cat in the Hat Learning Library books. They've become favorite for both our 21/2 and 5 year old. The rhyming sentences impart lots of new information for kids in a delightful way.