Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 240 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 304 reviews
on August 12, 2013
When I read in the description that the game had 72 tiles, I assumed 72 different words; after all, it is marketed for children in pre-K to 1st grade. The description should mention that there are only 24 different words (three tiles per word).

The words included are as follows: AND, COME, FOR, HERE, MY, SAID, THE, THREE, WE, WHERE, ARE, HAVE, OUR, SHE, THERE, THEY, WENT, WHAT, WHO, ME, IN, TWO, NOW, WANT.
88 comments| 532 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
At the time of this review I taught "regular" first grade students. My students were on various levels (Pre-K through 2nd) when it came to reading. One of the most difficult tasks of teaching can be making learning fun. I found this game on Amazon and thought it might be a good addition to my small group teaching time (after a structured lesson). The result? ALL of my students fell in love with this game. They would often ask to play it during their small group reading time if we had time left at the end of the lesson. There are two sides to each card; however, even my students who were below grade level could use the "harder" side of the card. The key part of this is to have the students read the word (or try to read the word) before getting the word chip. Even though they are sight words I found it essential to help the student try to figure out the word to ensure success. Rather than only get three in a row I often played the game where the entire card had to be filled. At the end of the game I would always reward the students with a pencil, eraser, ticket, etc... whether or not they won. That avoided anybody feeling like they lost. It didn't ever delete the motivation to play because each student still wanted to win.

If you want to make learning fun, try this game.
on May 28, 2016
 I wasnt sure what to expect in buying this game, but I am glad I did. It makes working on sight words and learning how to read so much easier and fun for bot only my 6 year old son, but my 4 year old daughter as well. Building the foundation for her and strengthening his. There are so many ways to play and at so many different age levels. It can be a simple spelling, sounding, and matching, or a game of speed. Let your childs strength and weaknesses decide how you will play with them!
on March 15, 2017
My kids (3 and 5) love the original Zingo game. I decided to get the Sight Words one to mix it up a little bit. So far, it is a bit challenging for them but I can tell they are quickly learning. They do tend to want to play this one less than the original Zingo but that's okay. It's a great introduction to sight words and it makes them really concentrate on the game at hand.
on March 4, 2017
This was a gift for my five year old granddaughter. She loves this game! Makes me happy that I choose something that she enjoys.
on February 24, 2017
We got this game for my kindergartner son to help practice sight words in a fun and play based way. Loving it so far!
on April 22, 2017
Excellent for 5 year old learning to read !
on April 25, 2017
Great for kids ages 4 - 6 to help learn sight words
on March 18, 2017
Great gift for my son!!!!
on March 23, 2017
My son loves it. Easy to use and fun. We like that it's not a computer game and gets us talking.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.