Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 12, 2013
When I read in the description that the game had 72 tiles, I assumed 72 different words; after all, it is marketed for children in pre-K to 1st grade. The description should mention that there are only 24 different words (three tiles per word).

The words included are as follows: AND, COME, FOR, HERE, MY, SAID, THE, THREE, WE, WHERE, ARE, HAVE, OUR, SHE, THERE, THEY, WENT, WHAT, WHO, ME, IN, TWO, NOW, WANT.
719 people found this helpful
|88 comments|Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 4, 2017
Lots of fun!

Pros:

1) fun way to learn sight words. It is always good for us to take school work out of the equation, and just make it fun!

2) the format is easy and keeps the game compact and neat. We have the traditional zing as well, and this is great. If you get a card you don't need, simply slip it back into the dispenser using the sits on the top.

3) the game is 100% words, so kids learn what the sight words are. There are some tiny symbols, but not really pictures.

Cons:

No big cons. We love zingo games. The only thing that makes it 4 stars instead of 5 is that I wish there were more sight words in the game, or they had two card and tile sets. Not a deal breaker, but something to note.
6 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
At the time of this review I taught "regular" first grade students. My students were on various levels (Pre-K through 2nd) when it came to reading. One of the most difficult tasks of teaching can be making learning fun. I found this game on Amazon and thought it might be a good addition to my small group teaching time (after a structured lesson). The result? ALL of my students fell in love with this game. They would often ask to play it during their small group reading time if we had time left at the end of the lesson. There are two sides to each card; however, even my students who were below grade level could use the "harder" side of the card. The key part of this is to have the students read the word (or try to read the word) before getting the word chip. Even though they are sight words I found it essential to help the student try to figure out the word to ensure success. Rather than only get three in a row I often played the game where the entire card had to be filled. At the end of the game I would always reward the students with a pencil, eraser, ticket, etc... whether or not they won. That avoided anybody feeling like they lost. It didn't ever delete the motivation to play because each student still wanted to win.

If you want to make learning fun, try this game.
14 people found this helpful
on December 15, 2016
Zingo games are great fun for kids and their parents! In the first Zingo, it's a bingo game with picture tiles that eject from a dispenser (controlling the dispenser is part of the appeal), then its Zingo with sight words (big incentive to learn to read them) — with cards cleverly designed with mnemonic devices to assist memory by association — then it's on to Zingo with numbers, and clock faces..... who knows what's next? It looks like the game we all grew up with, in the capable hands of Zingo's developers ThinkFun, can be used to learn to match, to read, to identify numbers, and to tell time! I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I highly recommend both Zingo and all ThinkFun games.
4 people found this helpful
on November 2, 2016
Zingo is one of the greatest games for young children! It teaches them patience while waiting a turn, as well as numbers, letters, sight words/pictures, and it is very easy to operate. I have 3 kids 2, 4, 6 - and they all love playing this game together. My 2 year old does lose interest by the end, but that is expected for her age. She does have a fun time for the first 15-20 minutes though. My boys think this is the greatest game though, and it is one you can play with the whole family.
5 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Petson March 15, 2017
My kids (3 and 5) love the original Zingo game. I decided to get the Sight Words one to mix it up a little bit. So far, it is a bit challenging for them but I can tell they are quickly learning. They do tend to want to play this one less than the original Zingo but that's okay. It's a great introduction to sight words and it makes them really concentrate on the game at hand.
3 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 19, 2018
Not a fan. Difficult for an anxious 4 year old to wait and pull those cards, until he lands up with the right one to complete a set. If you have a kid with special needs, then these are too many parts for him/her!

I am giving it three stars as clean is difficult with this toy, you have to collect the cards and line them up in a particular fashion to be able to put them back in the red container. So almost always an adult has to be around, during play and otherwise! Pieces get lost easily, due to design.
One person found this helpful
on January 16, 2017
Awesome game! I bought this for my grandson who was having slight difficulty with his sight words and needed some extra help. There are so many different ways that you can play this game. You can even make up your own way to play that works for your child and keep your child's interest. My grandson absolutely loved playing. It allowed him to learn without feeling like he was doing homework... Rather it was just a fun game for him. He benefited greatly from this. His sight word recognition improved 100% And he is now reading. I can't say enough about this wonderful educational tool.
One person found this helpful
on December 30, 2015
I got this for my 6 year old for Christmas. We have loved it! It is allowing him great practice on his sight words during the Christmas break. He has had so much fun. He generally ends up just shouting out the words on the chips whether he needs it for his card or not! The fun has gotten my 4 year old interested. He is already beginning to pick up on some words. I love TV shows and games that encourage learning in such a fun way that they don't realize they are learning! I will probably look into some of the other Zingo games for our home!
2 people found this helpful
on January 17, 2017
My 4 year old loves the original Zango. We have been working on reading and she had a lot of trouble with sight words so we got this for her for Christmas. I was hesitant. Kids don't love to work during a game. The first time we played was really rough, she didn't want to put forth effort. But by the third time we played, she knew half of those words just from the game. I can't believe how effective this game has been and how much fun it is now that she's learning the words!
2 people found this helpful