Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 245 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 310 reviews
on August 12, 2013
When I read in the description that the game had 72 tiles, I assumed 72 different words; after all, it is marketed for children in pre-K to 1st grade. The description should mention that there are only 24 different words (three tiles per word).

The words included are as follows: AND, COME, FOR, HERE, MY, SAID, THE, THREE, WE, WHERE, ARE, HAVE, OUR, SHE, THERE, THEY, WENT, WHAT, WHO, ME, IN, TWO, NOW, WANT.
88 comments| 537 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
At the time of this review I taught "regular" first grade students. My students were on various levels (Pre-K through 2nd) when it came to reading. One of the most difficult tasks of teaching can be making learning fun. I found this game on Amazon and thought it might be a good addition to my small group teaching time (after a structured lesson). The result? ALL of my students fell in love with this game. They would often ask to play it during their small group reading time if we had time left at the end of the lesson. There are two sides to each card; however, even my students who were below grade level could use the "harder" side of the card. The key part of this is to have the students read the word (or try to read the word) before getting the word chip. Even though they are sight words I found it essential to help the student try to figure out the word to ensure success. Rather than only get three in a row I often played the game where the entire card had to be filled. At the end of the game I would always reward the students with a pencil, eraser, ticket, etc... whether or not they won. That avoided anybody feeling like they lost. It didn't ever delete the motivation to play because each student still wanted to win.

If you want to make learning fun, try this game.
on May 28, 2016
 I wasnt sure what to expect in buying this game, but I am glad I did. It makes working on sight words and learning how to read so much easier and fun for bot only my 6 year old son, but my 4 year old daughter as well. Building the foundation for her and strengthening his. There are so many ways to play and at so many different age levels. It can be a simple spelling, sounding, and matching, or a game of speed. Let your childs strength and weaknesses decide how you will play with them!
on December 15, 2016
Zingo games are great fun for kids and their parents! In the first Zingo, it's a bingo game with picture tiles that eject from a dispenser (controlling the dispenser is part of the appeal), then its Zingo with sight words (big incentive to learn to read them) — with cards cleverly designed with mnemonic devices to assist memory by association — then it's on to Zingo with numbers, and clock faces..... who knows what's next? It looks like the game we all grew up with, in the capable hands of Zingo's developers ThinkFun, can be used to learn to match, to read, to identify numbers, and to tell time! I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I highly recommend both Zingo and all ThinkFun games.
on November 2, 2016
Zingo is one of the greatest games for young children! It teaches them patience while waiting a turn, as well as numbers, letters, sight words/pictures, and it is very easy to operate. I have 3 kids 2, 4, 6 - and they all love playing this game together. My 2 year old does lose interest by the end, but that is expected for her age. She does have a fun time for the first 15-20 minutes though. My boys think this is the greatest game though, and it is one you can play with the whole family.
on March 15, 2017
My kids (3 and 5) love the original Zingo game. I decided to get the Sight Words one to mix it up a little bit. So far, it is a bit challenging for them but I can tell they are quickly learning. They do tend to want to play this one less than the original Zingo but that's okay. It's a great introduction to sight words and it makes them really concentrate on the game at hand.
on January 16, 2017
Awesome game! I bought this for my grandson who was having slight difficulty with his sight words and needed some extra help. There are so many different ways that you can play this game. You can even make up your own way to play that works for your child and keep your child's interest. My grandson absolutely loved playing. It allowed him to learn without feeling like he was doing homework... Rather it was just a fun game for him. He benefited greatly from this. His sight word recognition improved 100% And he is now reading. I can't say enough about this wonderful educational tool.
on May 12, 2017
I sent this to my niece for her boys and when I visited we played this game. It is very suitable to 3-5 year-olds and kept their interest for quite awhile. This is a valuable pre-reading entertainment.
on June 7, 2014
My daughter really enjoys this game. When she first opened it, she mostly just wanted to play with the tiles and feed them back into the 'Zinger'. I had to watch though, because she would try to shove them in backwards and then it would get stuck. It's pretty easy to fix, though. The tiles and Zinger are made of sturdy plastic and should last well beyond when our infant is old enough to read. The player cards are similar in weight to the pages of a child's board book and have a shiny coating. The length of the game is just long enough for a preschooler's attention span. I like that the game includes words like the, three, and there; and went, what, and want - she has to really pay attention to the differences in the letters and not just guess at the words.
on January 17, 2017
My 4 year old loves the original Zango. We have been working on reading and she had a lot of trouble with sight words so we got this for her for Christmas. I was hesitant. Kids don't love to work during a game. The first time we played was really rough, she didn't want to put forth effort. But by the third time we played, she knew half of those words just from the game. I can't believe how effective this game has been and how much fun it is now that she's learning the words!