Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on December 20, 2011
I am a ThinkFun fan. I am collecting all their games. When this one was on sale a couple days ago, I immediately ordered it. But after first play I am disappointed. I seldom write any review but I feel I need to put something on this one. My major complaint about this is the card dispenser. It jammed during the very first round of play. And even the on button could not solve the issue. I have to open it and close it again to make it work. This is unacceptable for a fast matching game. When the dispenser works, sometimes the cards are dispensed unevenly. I mean some cards pop out more while others pop out less so it's hard to see.

The other issue is the rule of the game. This is a fast matching game. The round cards are dispensed by the dispenser. The players have to find a match from the round card to the square cards in their hands. Once you find a match, according to the instruction, you need to put both matching cards on the table. Here is the problem, when first card pops out the dispenser, players find a match. Then the people who find the match needs to take the card. When you take the card out the dispenser, the second card pops out immediately. But the first player who find a match needs to put both matching cards face up on the table in order to show others there is a match, and this takes time. This means he/she automatically lose the second card matching chance. If there are more than 3 players, this may not be a problem but for only two players, it makes you feel like you are not competing but playing by taking turns.

For drawing new cards, the instruction is not clear. It says at the beginning, each player gets 6 square cards. But it does not say when to draw new cards. To my understanding, when you draw new card, you may lose one opportunity.
on December 26, 2013
Bought this for my kids based on all the positive ratings and the reputation of the Thinkfun brand.

The product is well-made and functions, but the whole battery-powered mechanism is a little gimmicky and doesn't add much value to the game overall. Furthermore, the visual challenge is limited, even for a 6-year old - the graphics don't stretch the kids minds very far.

I would instead recommend Spot-It which is more challenging and still applies to the same age range, and is more compact and each game lasts longer as well.
on December 31, 2011
This was a fun game for both the kids and the adults. It is fast paced, makes you think and act quickly. It's unfortunate the card dispenser is terrible quality. It jams during play which really takes away from the fun. Put a higher quality card dispenser with the game and I would give it 5 stars. As it is, I cannot recommend this game. The dispenser broke during it's first use. Too bad the makers chose to be so cheap, otherwise I could see this game catching on. It would also be nice if it held more disks so the games would last a little longer.
on May 2, 2012
I purchased this game even after reading reviews commenting about the mechanical difficulties. Once again, I should have just listened to the prior reviewers. This game sounded fun, but was ultimately just very, very frustrating. The mechanism that is designed to "pop up" the cards, does not work well at all. In fact, it just didn't function for at least half the attempts. I literally ended up throwing this toy away. I have many other ThinkFun games.....I but them all the time. I do not recommend this game because it is poorly conceived.
on May 30, 2015
It could have been a fun game but it's quality is poor - card dispenser jams all the time and after about 2 months it stopped working completely. The seller refused to replace it with one that would actually work.
I wish I had read other revies before buying this game.
on October 16, 2012
Thought this to be mostly for the kiddies at first but after my teenagers really got into it as well I introduced it at our adult game night and we had a blast! They seemed to have fixed that mechanism hiccup several others wrote about as ours worked just fine. All in all, this was lots of fun for all ages!!!
on October 29, 2013
bought this along with yackety smack game. we do like the game and allways gets us going, it some times disappoints when the cards hangup in the machine but were having fun so we just carry on. thinkfun is a company i'd buy from again.
on December 29, 2012
in a nutshell... this is a simple match what you see with something in your hand and count who did that the most in the end game. It is ok... the kids have played it twice ... I think they may try it again eventually.
on December 27, 2011
My 4.5 year old enjoys the game almost as much as Zingo. However, as other reviewers have mentioned, the cards jammed for us too. I am also worried that with increased use, the cards will get bent and jam more often.
on July 10, 2014