Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.21 shipping
+ $7.98 shipping
Think Fun Zingo Sight Words Early Reading Game - Toy of the Year Finalist, Developed by Educators for Pre-K to 2nd Graders
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- DEVELOPED BY EDUCATORS - Zingo Sight Words is a bingo style game that was developed by educators to create a great play and stealth learning experience for Pre-K to 2nd graders and help with reading skills.
- CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS – Easy to learn with a clear, high quality instruction manual. You can start playing immediately!
- DEVELOPS CRITICAL SKILLS – Perfect for pre-readers and early readers, teaches recognition of essential words.
- AWARD WINNER - Winner of ASTRA Best Toys for Kids Award and others, and was a 2013 Toy of the Year Finalist.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Zingo Sight Words is one of ThinkFun's most popular and bestselling games, and is the winner of an ASTRA Best Toys for Kids Award, among others. It's a fun pre-reading game for ages 4 and up that teaches children to recognize sight words, and is one of the best gifts you can buy for kids. Zingo Sight Words is made with high quality components, and comes with a very clear and easy to understand instruction manual - you'll be able to play within minutes of opening the box. Like all of ThinkFun's games, Zingo Sight Words is built to develop critical thinking skills. Playing will improve language skills through fun and fast placed play.
From the Manufacturer
Zingo! Sight Words brings young children the fun of the classic game of bingo while they learn to recognize sight words. Players learn to quickly read these important, commonly used words that don't always "sound out" easily, such as that and our. The interactive Zinger! machine lets your child slide the dispenser to release two word tiles, recognize and read the words, then see if the words match the squares on their word card. The first player to fill all the squares on their card with tiles is the winner.
Bingo-Style Game Gives Beginning Readers a Boost
Players choose one of the six double-sided Zingo! cards and begin filling the squares as the Zingo! Zinger dispenses word tiles. Each card has nine word squares, and the player who matches the word to their card gets the tile. The first player to fill his or her card is the winner.
Graphic Cues Help Identify Common Words
The game's Zingo! cards use graphics to cue players to the meaning of the words before they are able to recognize and read them. An "x" marks the spot for "here," a downward arrow points "in," a speech bubble surrounds "said," and a little figure waves for "me." Other squares have colorful patterns of stripes, checks, and shapes to pair with the sight words, adding some pizzazz to these critical words for reading.
Easy enough for children to play by themselves
The Zinger! slider chooses the next tile to be played. The slider is built with large, easily grasped parts, so kids can operate it themselves while exercising their motor skills. Once children learn to play the game, it's simple enough for them to play together without an adult.
Helps Young Readers Learn Basic Words
Sight words are the most frequently used words in the English language, making up about 50 - 75 percent of all writing. Our daily information is filled with basic words that readers take for granted. Unlike other words, sight words often can't be "sounded out" phonetically and have to be learned through visual memory, which can be frustrating to kids. Learning and mastering sight words is an important step in becoming a successful, fluent reader. The sight words used in Zingo! Sight Words have been named by leading educators as the most fundamental for reading development.
What's in the Box
72 Zingo! sight words tiles, six double-sided Zingo! cards, Zingo! Zinger card dispenser, instructions, and learning guide.
At a Glance:
- Bingo-style game teaches basic sight-word recognition
- Cards give visual hints to help non-readers match words
- Simple enough that kids can play without an adult
- Words selected by educators help build vocabulary
- Sight words bring children closer to reading fluency
- For ages four to seven.
- For two to six players.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The words included are as follows: AND, COME, FOR, HERE, MY, SAID, THE, THREE, WE, WHERE, ARE, HAVE, OUR, SHE, THERE, THEY, WENT, WHAT, WHO, ME, IN, TWO, NOW, WANT.
1) fun way to learn sight words. It is always good for us to take school work out of the equation, and just make it fun!
2) the format is easy and keeps the game compact and neat. We have the traditional zing as well, and this is great. If you get a card you don't need, simply slip it back into the dispenser using the sits on the top.
3) the game is 100% words, so kids learn what the sight words are. There are some tiny symbols, but not really pictures.
No big cons. We love zingo games. The only thing that makes it 4 stars instead of 5 is that I wish there were more sight words in the game, or they had two card and tile sets. Not a deal breaker, but something to note.
If you want to make learning fun, try this game.
I am giving it three stars as clean is difficult with this toy, you have to collect the cards and line them up in a particular fashion to be able to put them back in the red container. So almost always an adult has to be around, during play and otherwise! Pieces get lost easily, due to design.