Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century (Think and Grow Rich Series) Paperback – Deckle Edge, August 18, 2005
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
--Og Mandino, The Greatest Salesman in the World
About the Author
- Lexile measure : 1230L
- Item Weight : 9.6 ounces
- Paperback : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1585424331
- ISBN-13 : 978-1585424337
- Dimensions : 5 x 0.8 x 7.1 inches
- Publisher : TarcherPerigee; Revised & enlarged edition (August 18, 2005)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #372 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book touts visualizing your goals as a method to speed up/ensure attainment. Research shows that the opposite is true. Visualizing your goals and imagining how it would feel to have achieved them has been show to consistently reduce drive and motivation. This book is full of misinformation like this, that if diligently applied will be counterproductive.
There is "the secret" alluded to in this book, and the subject of a nonsense DVD and book by the same title. The most important warning that I can give someone younger, after 20 years of time wasted looking for secrets is this: the only free cheese is in a mouse trap. Secrets to success do NOT exist. Time spent looking for "secrets" or applying them is time that could be invested in getting better at the fundamentals of whatever arena you are in.
One of the most basic examples would be personal finance: the only people getting rich off the "secrets of wealth" are the people selling those "secrets." Ultimately there are just a handful of things that matter in personal finance - get out of debt, live on a budget, invest in assets with a decent balance of risk & return, have a rainy day fund (and funds for other things you know are coming - Christmas gifts, college, etc.).
This book is selling a fantasy that appeals to deep biases that all humans have. Do yourself a favor, skip this book.
I hope to update this review when I find a less crappy copy of this book, but avoid the version with the black cover with money on the bottom. (See pictures)
1) You cannot acquire great wealth without a concrete plan for attaining that wealth, a serious passion that compels you to act on your plan continuously, and great faith that your plan will allow you to succeed.
2) Many of the world's greatest achievers were passionate to the point of obsession, and in order to emulate their success you must cultivate a desire until it becomes an obsession.
3) Material success does not come solely as a result of knowledge acquisition, but rather from one's ability to organize and transform specialized knowledge such that it can be delivered to a wide audience in the form of a product or service.
4) Persistence often makes the difference between success and failure. It is a state of mind that is essential to success and can be overcome through effort.
5) One of the common attributes of highly successful people is the ability to reach decisions quickly and to change them slowly. Most of us are the opposite.
1. In a large portion of the book, the author praises his own work. He even included a letter (which cover pages) of which only purpose is praising the book itself and have nothing to do with the content. By the time I read that the 13 principles in this book will make me rich, I’d realized that the rest of the content would be all rubbish, and my prediction turned out to be right.
2. The point he makes is all misleading. Whenever he addresses any point, the author COMPLETELY and DELIBERATELY hides the opposite side of the arguments and just continue praising the greatness of his point and support by various examples which, every now and then, are falsified.
Top reviews from other countries
Author: NAPOLEON HILL
Publisher: Amazing reads
Genre: Self-help, Nonfiction
My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I don't think this book needs a review because it's a bestseller for over 70 years with millions of copies sold.
But still, I wanna talk about this book because I feel many people are still unaware of this beauty.
Guys, if you are a dreamer and you want to be successful in your life, I know you always need a push or motivation to continue on that path with the same dedication, strength and not giving up attitude, this book can help you a lot because it has great examples, motivational stories, principles/secrets to success and also many practical ideas which if followed properly, you can do wonders.
As I always say a book won't work unless you do, if you want this book to help you, then you have to apply all those principles.
It is written on the back of this book that " this book is probably the best self help book ever written" i agree with that line and support it.
This book was published in 1940's ,a bit old book but had every bit of relevant and eternal information which we think of now and ever.
THINK AND GROW RICH was the title of the book but reading this book twice I came to know that lot more titles suit this book and a few I thought were
THINK AND GROW PERSONALITY
THINK AND GROW CHARACTER
THINK AND GROW WISDOM
THINK AND GROW MOTIVATION.
Fabulous book and continuing to admire the work.
The bottom line is, once you start reading this type of subject, you must continue reading more and more about it. The reason for that is you must imprint this concept into your subconscious mind in order to use this power properly and effortlessly. And, the more knowledge you accumulate, more your subconscious mind will accept it and use it in your favour. Wish you all the best in your personal development journey. And remember, Be ALWAYS Blessed! Be ALWAYS a Blessing!
This book was published in 1937, during the Great Depression, and if the people who suffered during that time had read this book their lives might have been better.
It is really about convincing yourself to become wealthy. It outlines the steps you need to take and the steps you need to avoid.
There are also a lot of interesting ideas in this book. For example, sex transmutation is where you transfer the energy of your libido into other purposes. Great people have done this. Also, 99% of the public has no goal in life that is why they are stuck in jobs they do not want.
Most people do not succeed until they are older. In fact, most success does not come until after you are 40 years old. Edison & Carnegie were past the age of 40 when they made their fortune. He forgot to mention that George Washington was 43 when he took on the greatest military on earth.
His roundtable idea is very intriguing.
I do not see why anyone would not want to read this book.