Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Think and Grow Rich
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on March 12, 2016
Amazon has done us a huge disservice by lumping all the reviews for the various "original" versions of this book together. The version I purchased (black cover with money on the bottom, kindle version) is riddled with errors where the publisher evidently SCANNED the book in and then didn't bother to edit the results. Page numbers appear randomly in the middle of paragraphs, "m" appears where clearly "in" was intended and in some cases paragraphs just end in the middle of a sentence. This is a great book but some of the publishers have done a terrible job reproducing it and Amazon isn't helping by grouping very different copies together in the same review group.

I hope to update this review when I find a less crappy copy of this book, but avoid the version with the black cover with money on the bottom. (See pictures)
review imagereview imagereview image
1010 comments| 1,016 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2014
Finally! a clean and unabridged edition. I had to purchase two other editions before finding this one. It is clean, good size font, and true to the original 1937 wording. Published by Dauphin Publications ISBN 978-1939438256. Nice job!
review imagereview image
1414 comments| 332 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 23, 2017
First, i was thinking that this book will only help me in the performance part of my life, by giving tips, habits and principles of the most succesfull people on the planet. But my image of the book changed when i read all of it. It helps also on how to become an incredible person, how to treat people and how to see all that happens to you in a different way.
Second, it talks about BELIEVING, it says that in order to reach whatever you seek you first have to believe and have faith in your abilities, in the plan that God has for you and to BELIEVE IN YOU!! Also it teaches you that you need to have faith, persistance and very BIG BIG dreams. For all of you that are reading this review i want to tell you THAT YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU WERE BORN TO BE GREAT!! But people dont believe it because of what other people says about them but ignore the negative people and STAY LOCKED WITH YOUR DREAM, DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU WHAT TO DO OR HOW TO THINK. IGNORE THEM AND STAY FOCUS ON YOUR PURPOSE. I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT I BELIEVE IN YOU AND I LOVE YOU. YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!
0Comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 16, 2017
I chose to read this book because I have met several people who have read it and they say, it's a game changer . This book is filled with confirmation , spiritual truth , and wisdom beyond your imagination. Reading this book could change your life if you adhere to the philosophies of many great men; including Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and the great Dale Carnegie. These brilliant business minds all used the philosophies put together in one book written by Napoleon Hill...This book is brilliant!
on March 8, 2017
This is probably one of the best books I've read on the subject, however this version is horribly formatted. The sentences extend to the binder, and there are no indentations for paragraphs, almost as if the publishers were trying to save money by cramming in as many words as possible into the page.

The copyright says 2014, and I can't imagine why they chose to make this version so difficult to read. I requested a refund and am ordering a different version on Amazon. I suggest you do the same.
11 comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2016
Despite the age of this book, I found the underlying lessons it contained to be highly relevant to my life today. The most valuable ideas I gathered from this book:
1) You cannot acquire great wealth without a concrete plan for attaining that wealth, a serious passion that compels you to act on your plan continuously, and great faith that your plan will allow you to succeed.
2) Many of the world's greatest achievers were passionate to the point of obsession, and in order to emulate their success you must cultivate a desire until it becomes an obsession.
3) Material success does not come solely as a result of knowledge acquisition, but rather from one's ability to organize and transform specialized knowledge such that it can be delivered to a wide audience in the form of a product or service.
4) Persistence often makes the difference between success and failure. It is a state of mind that is essential to success and can be overcome through effort.
5) One of the common attributes of highly successful people is the ability to reach decisions quickly and to change them slowly. Most of us are the opposite.
on August 26, 2017
This book is a definitive classic and is really focused on how to manage oneself in order to enjoy a productive and successful life. This goes on the top shelf along with Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People for life long lessons on developing emotional intelligence and self-discipline although they were both written decades before the concept of EI was coined. Although first published in the early part of the 20th century, and while some terms are now dated, the concepts remain solid and this version has been revised with more modern stories of highly successful people. The stories which are intermixed within each chapter bring the concepts to life and keep the book lighter and more approachable. That said, this is a book worthy of study as each chapter addresses one of the key concepts or steps to leading a meaningful and productive life.

This one competes to be on any life list of personal growth/development books to study and re-read and ought to be on the mandatory read list for all youths who aspire to "do" anything with their lives - to heck with Grapes of Wrath (gasp!).

By the way, I after I purchased the kindle version, I found a hard copy abandoned along the beach bluffs and this "sign" inspired me to really dig into this book. It was nice to have the hard copy because when I find a book like this, I underline, notate and otherwise mark it up to highlight my personal take-aways. But I'm glad I also have the kindle so that I ALWAYS have it at my side. Buy both! (or perhaps you may find one in the gutter as I did).
review image
on March 19, 2016
I have read over 50 self-help books in my life so far. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill is in my TOP 5! In fact, I personally know two millionaires (one being a family member) and both HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book! The family member originally moved to the United States in his early 30's and hardly spoke a word of English. Actually started off delivering pizzas. One day he was gifted the book Think and Grow Rich by a very wealthy customer. He devoured this book and read it over 20 times! A decade later he became a millionaire (Net Worth: ~10 Million USD). True story. In fact, if you do your research you will learn that Think and Grow Rich has produced the most millionaires out of any self-help product.

FRAUD ALERT ABOUT CLAIMED "UNABRIDGED" VERSIONS:

Yes, this is an amazing book! However, there are so many versions of this book. Amazon clumps all of the reviews of the various editions in to one group which adds to the confusion. The BEST version is the 1937 ORIGINAL. Many publishers of this book claim that there version is the 1937 ORIGINAL UNABRIDGED. Then you read the introduction and find out that the publisher revised it, abridged or "modernized" it. Thus making the original claim FALSE/LIE! Most interestingly, these revised/updated versions remove essential key words such as the word VIBRATIONS. The removal/substitution of this word completely changes the context of the sentence. I am a fairly spiritual person and reading the original unmodified 1937 version was MUCH MORE PROFOUND to me. In fact, so much of an affect that in 6 months of reading the original my salary increased by 50% WHILE working from home 98%. Naturally, I gave away all of the other versions I had

I spent over 10 HOURS reading through many comments on Amazon and Google. My goal was to find truly REAL 1937 ORIGINAL UNABRIDGED versions. Here are the BEST FORMATS of the ACTUAL REAL 1937 ORIGINAL UNABRIDGED VERSIONS of Think and Grow Rich:

Kindle Version: Think and Grow Rich: The Original 1937 Unedited Edition - Created by the OFFICIAL Napoleon Hill Foundation. Unfortunately, their physical book format is terrible. I think they simply photocopied the original and then tried to fit it on each page. The results, the font is too small and there is a TON of wasted white space for the margins. It is simply awful to read even though the their intentions were good. The most readable physical book version I have found is by Melvin Powers linked below.

Physical Book Version: Think and Grow Rich - Facsimile Edition that is by forward Melvin Powers.

Enjoy!

P.S. I would be grateful if someone could point me to a good quality audiobook that is 100% for certain is a narration of the ACTUALLY REAL 1937 ORIGINAL UNABRIDGED VERSION.
22 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 14, 2016
The Prosperity Bible changed my life. It is actually a portal into accessing your mind and higher levels of consciousness.

I discovered this book in 2009 while going through a pivotal shift in my life. I decided to devote a year of my life to understanding and mastering the powerful teachings it shares about the mind and how to utilize it effectively.

I carried this book with me everywhere for months, and kept a journal of all my notes and the affirmations and new beliefs I was adopting. It sparked a conversation wherever I would go, and I found it powerful to share the book with others who immediately felt the energy of the book.

As my life continued to shift, I felt compelled to take my studies deeper and to include others that I cared about. I bought copies for 7 friends and we began reading together and discussing on a phone call once per week. They also began to see major shifts in their life.

The power of the book is its intention around helping the reader both understand their mind and understand how to sculpt it, one thought at a time. It also brings greater awareness into who we are as energetic beings having a physical experience called life.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to live life with more awareness and to create more harmony and prosperity in their life and the lives of others.
on August 10, 2014
Use this book in a business group I attend each week. It's a great guide to get you into a frame of mind to be successful in whatever you choose. It's a bit of Science of the Mind-ish, which isn't religion, just using your mind power to get you where want to go in life. My group has used this book for YEARS, we re-do the entire book a couple times each and follow it's plan for different aspects of life; business, personal growth, fitness, relationships...whatever you desire. I can tell you, if you follow this book and actually put it into PRACTICE, you will experience the success you put your mind to.
This book is written in a different era so it's a different style of writing than you may be used to. Don't get hung up on that, just take the principles and apply those. It's not a book you "just" read. It's a book you WORK.