Spring Deals Automotive Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Think and Grow Rich
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 12, 2016
Amazon has done us a huge disservice by lumping all the reviews for the various "original" versions of this book together. The version I purchased (black cover with money on the bottom, kindle version) is riddled with errors where the publisher evidently SCANNED the book in and then didn't bother to edit the results. Page numbers appear randomly in the middle of paragraphs, "m" appears where clearly "in" was intended and in some cases paragraphs just end in the middle of a sentence. This is a great book but some of the publishers have done a terrible job reproducing it and Amazon isn't helping by grouping very different copies together in the same review group.

I hope to update this review when I find a less crappy copy of this book, but avoid the version with the black cover with money on the bottom. (See pictures)
review imagereview imagereview image
1010 comments| 957 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 30, 2014
Finally! a clean and unabridged edition. I had to purchase two other editions before finding this one. It is clean, good size font, and true to the original 1937 wording. Published by Dauphin Publications ISBN 978-1939438256. Nice job!
review imagereview image
1414 comments| 317 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 23, 2017
First, i was thinking that this book will only help me in the performance part of my life, by giving tips, habits and principles of the most succesfull people on the planet. But my image of the book changed when i read all of it. It helps also on how to become an incredible person, how to treat people and how to see all that happens to you in a different way.
Second, it talks about BELIEVING, it says that in order to reach whatever you seek you first have to believe and have faith in your abilities, in the plan that God has for you and to BELIEVE IN YOU!! Also it teaches you that you need to have faith, persistance and very BIG BIG dreams. For all of you that are reading this review i want to tell you THAT YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU WERE BORN TO BE GREAT!! But people dont believe it because of what other people says about them but ignore the negative people and STAY LOCKED WITH YOUR DREAM, DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU WHAT TO DO OR HOW TO THINK. IGNORE THEM AND STAY FOCUS ON YOUR PURPOSE. I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT I BELIEVE IN YOU AND I LOVE YOU. YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 16, 2017
I chose to read this book because I have met several people who have read it and they say, it's a game changer . This book is filled with confirmation , spiritual truth , and wisdom beyond your imagination. Reading this book could change your life if you adhere to the philosophies of many great men; including Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and the great Dale Carnegie. These brilliant business minds all used the philosophies put together in one book written by Napoleon Hill...This book is brilliant!
on July 9, 2017
I love Napoleon hill philosophy, positive thinking has changed my view on life. His secret sauce for success is found hidden into his 13 principles. Applying them is the difficult part, just as similar as it is living what's in the bible specially the "Golden Rule ". Hill's Principles require commitment, effort, time to come to fruition, they're a quest for life, & achieving success means different things to different people to some is money, to others is fame, to most success means having many good people around them ( friends and family), to a few altruistic people success means helping others in need, to feed them, to enable them to better themselves, to get back on their feets. I'm so glad I came into this book thanks to Mitch Horowitz who was the guests on "George Noory's on coast to coast AM", I couldn't sleep having had foot surgery that night, and fate brought this knowledge to me in one of the most lowest point in life, in my time of need for spiritual and mental healing in my life.
The 13 Key principles are; Desire, Faith, Auto-suggestion, Specialized Knowledge, Imagination, Organized Planning,Decision,Persistence, The Master Mind, Transmutation, Subconscious mind, The brain, and the 6 sense.
on August 26, 2017
This book is a definitive classic and is really focused on how to manage oneself in order to enjoy a productive and successful life. This goes on the top shelf along with Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People for life long lessons on developing emotional intelligence and self-discipline although they were both written decades before the concept of EI was coined. Although first published in the early part of the 20th century, and while some terms are now dated, the concepts remain solid and this version has been revised with more modern stories of highly successful people. The stories which are intermixed within each chapter bring the concepts to life and keep the book lighter and more approachable. That said, this is a book worthy of study as each chapter addresses one of the key concepts or steps to leading a meaningful and productive life.

This one competes to be on any life list of personal growth/development books to study and re-read and ought to be on the mandatory read list for all youths who aspire to "do" anything with their lives - to heck with Grapes of Wrath (gasp!).

By the way, I after I purchased the kindle version, I found a hard copy abandoned along the beach bluffs and this "sign" inspired me to really dig into this book. It was nice to have the hard copy because when I find a book like this, I underline, notate and otherwise mark it up to highlight my personal take-aways. But I'm glad I also have the kindle so that I ALWAYS have it at my side. Buy both! (or perhaps you may find one in the gutter as I did).
review image
on March 8, 2017
This is probably one of the best books I've read on the subject, however this version is horribly formatted. The sentences extend to the binder, and there are no indentations for paragraphs, almost as if the publishers were trying to save money by cramming in as many words as possible into the page.

The copyright says 2014, and I can't imagine why they chose to make this version so difficult to read. I requested a refund and am ordering a different version on Amazon. I suggest you do the same.
on August 10, 2014
Use this book in a business group I attend each week. It's a great guide to get you into a frame of mind to be successful in whatever you choose. It's a bit of Science of the Mind-ish, which isn't religion, just using your mind power to get you where want to go in life. My group has used this book for YEARS, we re-do the entire book a couple times each and follow it's plan for different aspects of life; business, personal growth, fitness, relationships...whatever you desire. I can tell you, if you follow this book and actually put it into PRACTICE, you will experience the success you put your mind to.
This book is written in a different era so it's a different style of writing than you may be used to. Don't get hung up on that, just take the principles and apply those. It's not a book you "just" read. It's a book you WORK.
on July 21, 2016
Despite the age of this book, I found the underlying lessons it contained to be highly relevant to my life today. The most valuable ideas I gathered from this book:
1) You cannot acquire great wealth without a concrete plan for attaining that wealth, a serious passion that compels you to act on your plan continuously, and great faith that your plan will allow you to succeed.
2) Many of the world's greatest achievers were passionate to the point of obsession, and in order to emulate their success you must cultivate a desire until it becomes an obsession.
3) Material success does not come solely as a result of knowledge acquisition, but rather from one's ability to organize and transform specialized knowledge such that it can be delivered to a wide audience in the form of a product or service.
4) Persistence often makes the difference between success and failure. It is a state of mind that is essential to success and can be overcome through effort.
5) One of the common attributes of highly successful people is the ability to reach decisions quickly and to change them slowly. Most of us are the opposite.
on July 9, 2015
Yes you will have to read past some of the dated references, but all that takes is a tiny bit of understanding. This book has helped me in great true ways. This is the only version I have, and like many older books converted to Kindle, it has some glitches here and there, but nothing that affects the material. Read this if you are interested at all in self-help or motivation on any level. Personally it does get a bit old with the full caps and redundancy as the author HINTS to some unspecified secret to success.

I am unsure why Hill would put so much energy into writing a long book, and saying, that you have to figure out his "MYSTERY" a thousand times, when he could just come out and say what it is. I guess I get it, because he wants you to figure things out along the way. But don't get me wrong, this book is a treasure because of the ultimate system that it helps you make for yourself. It is actionable and I think it is what every self-help book after it is based upon.

I also think that this book is fertile ground for reworking. The material could be a huge help to more people if it was edited, redone, and instilled with a sense of brevity for modern times. Perhaps someone has already done exactly that.

Overall, even for all of its shortcomings and what is lost in translation, this is still a 5-star find just due to the content of the system it contains. But you will have to be patient and skim judiciously to find it here.