Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,520 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,664 reviews
on March 12, 2016
Amazon has done us a huge disservice by lumping all the reviews for the various "original" versions of this book together. The version I purchased (black cover with money on the bottom, kindle version) is riddled with errors where the publisher evidently SCANNED the book in and then didn't bother to edit the results. Page numbers appear randomly in the middle of paragraphs, "m" appears where clearly "in" was intended and in some cases paragraphs just end in the middle of a sentence. This is a great book but some of the publishers have done a terrible job reproducing it and Amazon isn't helping by grouping very different copies together in the same review group.

I hope to update this review when I find a less crappy copy of this book, but avoid the version with the black cover with money on the bottom. (See pictures)
review image review image review image
77 comments| 504 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2014
Finally! a clean and unabridged edition. I had to purchase two other editions before finding this one. It is clean, good size font, and true to the original 1937 wording. Published by Dauphin Publications ISBN 978-1939438256. Nice job!
review image review image
1010 comments| 191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2017
Great book. Napoleon explain the core of success and failure based on a Thought, an idea and the desire to achieve it. A must read book. It will change your way to see, well, everything.
on October 16, 2016
Definitely gives you something to think about. If you can apply the principles consistently, I believe you'll be successful. Not losing sight of the belief is what's important. Most people fall back to their old habits and beliefs of their capabilities. You have to believe as if it's already occurred. Very difficult to override preconceived notions but if you practice, it can be done.
on January 30, 2014
So many people refer to this book, so I had to get it myself and read it. It is a good book with lots of wisdom that applies to today's world. He wrote this after the Great Depression, so it is much easier to relate to after the recession. It is definitely written at a time when men when out in the world and women stayed home (I am a woman, so a little biased), but if you look past that, you will get a lot out of it.
on June 8, 2017
This was a so so book didn't gain much knowledge or information I thought it would have been a little more in depth. There are bits and pieces of good stuff in this book. I guess I was looking for a little more
on June 12, 2014
This book dropped into my lap right at the perfect time. I was just entering a new career and was scared and not sure I could do it. I already study and fully believe in the Law of Attraction or Power of Attraction, however I did not realize this book is 100% about that! Two of my mentors in finance told me to read this book. I assumed it was about finance and business and honestly wasn't too excited to read it, but thought I will learn alot I'm sure. I was pleasantly surprised to realize this book has ALOT more to it than just business education! Everyone who aspires to Be something in life but don't know where to start, need to buy a copy, carry it with them, highlight and reread those areas daily, and follow Mr. Hill's instructions! Successes you didn't think you could reach will become reality! He didn't just make this stuff up, he spent alot of time with the most successful people to ever walk this Earth to discover what it takes to "make it". This book is based on those findings, and the power has been inside of us all along. Now go make it Your reality!
on October 7, 2015
Timeless information, great words of wisdom, and excellent advice from, perhaps, the greatest personal development book ever published. Napoleon Hill wrote this book between the two World Wars, consequently the language and phraseology can appear dated. The information is not organized in the easy to find and cross-referenced format the modern reader is accustomed to. And since the era in which it was written was dominated by men, the book assumes business success was exclusively the realm of men -- which in today's more equal world can grate -- hence only 4 stars. Nonetheless, a classic book, and an essential part of any personal development library.
on August 22, 2016
Hill's Outwitting the Devil is one of my favorite books and I've heard much about TAGR I figured I'd check it out. I'm not generally a fan of the self-help genre, and I'm not big on setting goals, but I couldn't help but be inspired by this book. It can feel a little fluffy at times, but when put into practice, the basic concepts are powerful and there is no denying that all success begins in the mind. Reading this book got me expanding my ambitions. It's a relatively quick read, and it's worth checking out.
on June 6, 2017
Mr. Hill, is simply fantastic. This is a must have for the true leader and person of depth when it comes to money.