Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
Customer Discussions > Dear John forum

Think Savannah still loved John?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 20, 2011, 2:21:59 PM PST
I'm curious: Think Savannah still loved John even though she was married? I wasnt sure at the end.

Posted on Feb 24, 2011, 10:55:40 AM PST
A. Nanney says:
Yes, I believe he was her soulmate. She loved her husband, but she didn't love him as she had loved John. I loved the movie more than the book because in the book John and Savannah weren't together in the end.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2011, 11:35:21 AM PST
What happened in the book? Think she still loved him in the book too? I'm curious: What do you think the reason was, Savannah didn't wait for John and married someone else? I still can't figure it all out.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2011, 9:16:18 AM PST
A. Nanney says:
In the book, John sees Savannah and Tim walking together from a distance. I think she didn't wait for John because of the little boy. She started helping Tim when he was diagnosed with cancer and then his son forged a bond with her and she was lonely so she married Tim. I can't imagine not waiting for John though--these are the kind of love stories I can't get enough of. Truly touches your heart.

Posted on Apr 2, 2011, 5:03:45 AM PDT
A. Browning says:
I watched the movie last night and I liked the first half, the second half was just wrong. She could of helped Tim and Alan without marrying him. As a military wife, it was life a slap in the face how she treated John and broke his heart. Glad I saw it for free on television.

Posted on Apr 6, 2011, 1:06:16 PM PDT
Katie T says:
I think she still loved John, even after everything she did. I think one of the main reasons she ended things with him was because she wasn't strong enough to be in a relationship where she had to constantly worry about John coming back alive from war. I also believe that's why she wouldn't marry him. Sure she loved Tim, but in a different way. She loved him for him always being there when she needed someone and for protecting her and growing up together. But I don't think she was truely IN love with Tim. He was with her, and he felt more for her than she ever could for him, but she got with him when she needed someone so she wouldn't be alone. John just got the short end of the stick, esp after getting that letter.

I wish that they hadn't changed so much from the book. I didn't like Allen being Tim's son, and I didn't like how the coin collection was started a different way. Also, I like the ending in the book more than the movie because at least when John sold his coin collection he did it for a good cause and it worked, whereas in the movie it was all for nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011, 10:57:45 AM PDT
A. Nanney says:
Yeah, I think she always loved John! She just couldn't stand worrying and waiting about him. Plus, Tim was sick and she wanted to help take care of his son. Partly a romance and a tragedy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011, 10:59:12 AM PDT
A. Nanney says:
I do agree it was horrible the way she ended things with John. I agree about her helping Alan without marrying Tim. Thank your husband for serving this great country!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dear John forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2011
Latest post:  May 3, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer