Think Fun Hacker Cybersecurity Coding Game and STEM Toy for Boys and Girls Age 10 and Up, Multicolor
Enhance your purchase
|Age Range (Description)||10 years|
|Included Components||Solution Booklette, Challenge Booklette, 36 Game Tokens, Game Grid|
|Number of Players||1|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Trusted By Families Worldwide - With Over 50 Million Sold, Thinkfun Is The World's Leader In Brain And Logic Games
- Develops Critical Skills - Playing Through The Challenges Builds Reasoning And Planning Skills As Well As Core Programming Principles, And Provides A Great Stealth Learning Experience For Young Players
- What You Get - Hacker Is A Cybersecurity Coding Game And Stem Toy For Boys And Girls Age 10 And Up Where You Learn Programming Principles Through Fun Gameplay. It Includes A Game Grid, Control Panel, Challenge Booklet, 2 Agent Tokens, 9 Movement Tiles, 13 Revolving Platform Tiles, 5 Double-Sided Transaction Tiles, A Transaction Link Token, 3 Data File Tokens, 2 Exit Point Tokens, A Virus Token, Alarm Token, 2 Lock Tokens, And A Solution Booklet
- Clear Instructions – Easy To Learn With A Clear, High Quality Instruction Manual. You Can Start Playing Immediately
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Hacker is one of ThinkFun's popular stem toys for boys and girls, and was created by the inventor of other popular code games like On the Brink and Code Master. It's a coding board game that comes with 120 challenges of increasing difficulty, from beginner to expert, and is one of the best gifts you can buy for kids who like smart games and a challenge. Hacker is made with high quality components, and comes with a very clear and easy to understand instruction manual - you'll be able to play within minutes of opening the box. Like all of ThinkFun's games, Hacker is built to develop critical thinking skills. Playing through the increasingly difficult challenges will improve logical reasoning, spatial reasoning and planning skills, all through fun gameplay, and teach core programming principles.
From the brand
From the manufacturer
Cybersecurity Logic Game
Can you outsmart cybercriminals? Defend the world from cybercriminals by joining the white hat hacker team Oblivion! Play the role of a coder, hacker, and security engineer in 120 beginner to expert challenges. Program your agents to collect data chips while avoiding viruses and alarms. As you discover how a hacker can damage your programs, you will learn how to secure them from future attacks!
Steps to Play
Program an Agent to reach the Exit.
Alter the program to unleash a Virus.
Secure the program to prevent future attacks.
What's in the box
Reviewed in the United States on March 25, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm not a board game guy at all but LOVE that this is a board game - the medium is the message! Or is it the message is the medium? Where's Alfred K? ;-)
As in the //CODE series, the game is not trying to introduce IT terms like conditions or loops, but to introduce the concepts. In Hacker, players are introduced the concept of concurrency.
I only have basic coding knowledge, and so cannot comment whether the concept has been effectively introduced. But I think the game is really fun and has the right level of challenge.
Mom said she was even gonna try it, son said it's too hard for you mom.