Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 313 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 336 reviews
on October 14, 2016
We purchased this in March of 2015. My then 8 year old was (and still is) obsessed with Minecraft and this little foam pick axe is what he wanted to spend his chore money on. Honestly, I really didn't want him to buy it. My boys are hard on everything. Most toys are broken within a month and with this being made of foam, my bet was it would be broken in a week and a lot of tears would be shed.

Here we are in October of 2016, and I would never have guessed, but this thing is still completely intact and still looks brand new! I'm pretty amazed at how durable it turned out to be and that it was able to survive over a year with my boys.

This turned out to be a great purchase for my son as it is much more durable than expected, so I would definitely recommend it even for children!
on September 8, 2015
Minecraft is a incredibly popular video game originally created by Markus Persson. It is now owned by Microsoft but is still being maintained and developed by the Swedish company Mojang. Kids really love the toys based on the game. This one (the Pick Axe) is quite durable as the kids have played with it for years now and it's larger than you might initially think (my guess is that it is about 18 inches long). It's a solid choice for kids in late elementary school who are big fans of the game. They will have lots of fun playing with it. Highly recommend. Moreover, the last time I looked the price was good, around $10, as compared to around $20 a couple of years back. I would recommend getting the Minecraft sword as well, particularly if you have 2 kids.

ThinkGeek Minecraft Foam Sword
on December 26, 2014
Cardboard and duct tape would do a better job, I only wish I was creative enough to make a sword or pickaxe with cardboard and duct tape. Lucky for Minecraft and ThinkGeek, I'm not that creative and now they get too much money for a toy that will peel apart in a few weeks or months (depending on use). I say "peel" because these are made by gluing layers of foam together, sort of like the way cheap wood furniture is made. If you're buying it for display and because you love Minecraft, get it, it's pretty cool! But don't buy this with the expectation that it can be used by an active kid. 3 stars because I have Minecraft lovers that think these are the coolest things ever.
Also, my boys (4, 7 and 13) are adamant that this pickaxe is NOT Iron. They say it's stone.
on August 15, 2017
I love it. But it could be firmer, or something, it's not going to last long. For me it will, because I am using it as a prop rather than a play item. Otherwise, yeah.
on January 9, 2016
We purchased my 3 year old this pick axe for Christmas. He loves it! He runs around hitting just about everything with it and so far it has held up very nicely.
It is made of sturdy foam with a thick plastic core. I read a few reviews saying theirs broke easily, which is shocking considering my guy is very rough with his and it is still like new.
This pick axe is a great addition to a Minecraft lovers artillery!
on April 11, 2013
Young minecraft fans enjoy this toy. It is pretty well made and durable, and is crafted from foam as pictured. However, while the foam is lightweight it is also very rigid, almost like foam used for some playground padding, and it can pack a wallop against a pet or a small child. May not be the best choice for the youngster who is uninhibited.
on December 26, 2015
I would not recommend this product for younger kids, because in the middle of the handle is a wooden dowel that run the length of the handle. Otherwise good for a collector or older kids to hang up on their wall or shelf. But if kids whacks something or someone else too hard and the wooden dowel snaps...you now have a sharp broken piece of wood sticking out of it. I am trying to figure out where my kids got the one that has semi-rigid foam in the middle instead of a wooden dowel.
on March 19, 2017
Kind of in the heavier side for a 5 year old's grip.
on May 22, 2017
Bought for my grandson... it lasted three day before it fell apart.
on September 25, 2012
I'm not into mine craft, but my nephews, brother, brother-in-law, and male cousins are HUGE fans! I gave this to my 8 yr old nephew for his birthday, and everyone (adults and teenagers) jumped out of their seats to get a look at it and try it out. To me it's a foam ax, but everyone was hoot'n and hollering over it, saying how awesome and realistic (8 px realistic) it looked! Everyone asked where I got it, how did I find it. As always, my answer was, "Amazon"! Anyone who is a fan of mine craft will appreciate this as a gift. Trust me! They loved it. Excellent gift, gag, ice breaker and conversation piece. Also got my nephew a creeper tshirt and his eyes lit up and jaw dropped when he opened it! This is a kid who has EVERYTHING too! Thank you amazon for always carrying unique items and helping me win the "Auntie of the Year" award! Lol

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.