Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on August 16, 2012
I was excited the moment I saw Roll & Play on the ThinkFun website. I was looking for games that my 22 month old could play - but so many games designed for toddlers are more for ages 3 and up. This one is geared to 18 months and above, which I think is just the right age group for the skills needed for this game.

Roll & Play only involves two game pieces - A large, plush cube and set of activity cards. There are 48 cards with a variety of actions that deal with colors, counting, body parts, and more. To me, there are enough cards so that the game stays fun and doesn't get too repetitious...though repetition is a great way for little ones to learn.

All that the child has to do is roll the cube, identify the color on top, and draw a corresponding color card - then act out the activity on the card! My son had a lot of fun when we opened this game and began to play. He REALLY loved to roll the block, but eventually he realized there were cards too! We played for about 45 minutes our first time...which is great when talking about the attention span of a toddler!

The game teaches a variety of skills, which is probably my favorite aspect of it. I love buying products for my son that are not only fun, but educational. Not only does he get to learn from the actions of the card, the game itself teaches him about cooperation, taking turns, and following directions. This is a great game for toddlers all around!

*I received a free product to facilitate my review. All opinions are 100% mine.
on November 20, 2012
My four year old LOVES games but most are too hard for my two year old to enjoy with him. This game is perfect for her (and my four year old likes to play it too - though I think his favorite part is throwing the giant soft dice.) It teaches colors, body parts, emotions, counting as well as how to take turns. I love it so much, I've bought several as gifts for 2 year old's birthday parties and their parents loved it as well! I also play it with my two year old Sunday School class and it keeps their attention remarkably well. A great game!! I highly recommend for anyone with a toddler!
on February 2, 2012
My 19 month old daughter is obsessed with this toy/game combo. She loves to hold and throw the large soft dice but is even more excited by the accompanying cards. She asks to play several times a day. The cards describe and illustrate a variety of activities to speak or act out. Some are perfect for her age and others are a bit more challenging, like identifying colors, but give her something to strive for over time. That will keep it interesting as she gets older. We have fun interacting by making funny faces, or sounding out animal noises together. My daughter has identified some new parts of her anatomy like her belly button and explored emotions like "making an angry face" while playing the game. I'm amazed at how well this game is designed for such a young toddler. I would highly recommend this as a perfect way to interact, laugh, and have fun with your child while teaching all sorts of new things.
on December 2, 2013
I'd give this 3.5 if that were possible. But, a 3 would be too low for a decent toy. This is a fun little "game", but probably not so much for an 18 month old. He likes to throw the ball and bend the cards. I think it will be a hit in two months or so. The purple side is built so that it can hold the deck of cards. The added material makes the purple side heavier, which means for a big majority of the rolls, purple ends up on the bottom, resulting in orange on the top. This means we hardly ever roll a purple, so I have to "cheat" to keep the baby interested.
on July 6, 2012
My son is two, almost three, and he loves this game!

There are 48 cards, 8 cards in six colors each. The colors represent different categories.

Red: Actions (Say your name)
Purple: Body Parts (Pull your ears)
Green: Animal Sounds (Moo like a cow)
Yellow: Emotions (make a scared face)
Orange: Counting (Jump eight times)
Blue: Colors (Find something purple)

The child rolls the big, plush cube, then picks a card that matches the color that was rolled. They act out whatever is on the card, and their turn is over.

Set up is easy. Rules are simple. The game is awesome. The cards are big, which is nice for little fingers, and they're semi durable. They do bend without much effort, but I guess that's to be expected. The cards fit in pocket that's sewn into the side of the cube (the purple side) for easy storage, which is so nice!

We have invited friends over for play group, and everyone loved it - moms and kids alike. The actions are age appropriate. They have helped teach counting skills as well as how to identify and show certain emotions. My son has also been a bit shy, and this teaches him it's ok and even fun to step out of his comfort zone.

The game says "Your child's first game," and I totally agree with that. This should be every child's first game. I will definitely look to Thinkfun for more games in the future.
on April 23, 2012
To find a game that encourages learning while keeping a toddler engaged the whole round of play is RARE. This game does just that. My daughter is 3 years old and we had a blast playing together. Whether she was counting her fingers or searching for an item that was purple, we were laughing and having fun!

My favorite part about this game is that my daughter can easily figure out what the card says and only needed help a couple of times. It encourages site words and use of context clues to figure out what each card is asking her to do. It was tons of fun because we took turns guessing what the face, sound or action was portraying. This game is a definite winner in our household!
review image review image review image
on January 26, 2013
I think this is an awesome game, but most 18 month olds will not be able to play it (my 2 year old doesn't quite get it).
on December 16, 2014
I can't say enough about this game! We bought this for my daughter for her second birthday, and it was by far her favorite present. She and her four-year-old brother both enjoy playing it together. It's simple enough for her to follow the instructions, and the flexible gameplay allows them both to be as silly as they want while they play. It was a fantastic buy!
on September 9, 2015
A game that is educational and fun...winner, winner!

This game consists of a stuffed, soft, and colorful cube with a pocket that holds the cards from 6 categories (emotions, counting, body parts, colors, actions, and animal sounds).

I have had this game at least 2 years (and I have a 4 year old and 2 year old). I would say that this game is great for 1-4 year olds. A 1 year old will enjoy throwing the ball and copying some moves/sounds. A 2 year old will like throwing the ball and be pretty good with the cards (but still learning concepts). A 3 year old will love throwing the ball all over and picking the right card to go with the corresponding colors. A 4 year old will be somewhat bored with doing what the cards say- it will be more about throwing the ball. (Though, if you play the game sparingly, it will help to renew their interest in the cards).

Here are some of my favorite features:
1. As a former kindergarten teacher, I love that this game teaches my kids while they get up and move around. Great for getting kids to be active....all while teaching them...and they love it! (PS- it is also can be a lazy game for the adult because the child rolls the ball and goes and gets it. An adult can just sit there if you want while you watch them get energy out and help them do the cards).
2. It's awesome that the cards can be stored in the pocket (in the purple side of the cube). One neatly stored game-less of a possibility of parts getting lost.
3. I love that the cards are on the thicker side and coated- great for dealing with kiddos.
4. I love that there is no winner in this "game." The kids just take turns rolling the ball, picking the corresponding card, and then doing what it says. Perfect to solve sibling rivalry.

I can't say enough great things about this game!
on July 5, 2016
We really like this game. We bought it with our youngest children in mind who were two and three at the time. The ball is thrown and whatever color is facing up determines which color card is read. Each card has different questions or tasks on it. For example; Do a funny dance, find something blue, pat your head three times," etc. Now that our kids have gotten older, we often will just make up our own questions for them to answer. They still have a fun time with it and it gives us a chance to challenge each child.