Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 378 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 470 reviews
on May 15, 2016
My mother really likes the big orange book of beginner books. You also have a blue, purple and a green book of beginners. We think these books should be numbered so people can know which book should be read first. We believe that the orange should be read 1st. Not the blue book. But my mother really likes these books. She get really excited when she reads. She can't believe she can read english.
on July 31, 2012
This book is one of my all-time favorites and I have now bought the book for the library of a young relative. I first read it a couple years after it was originally published in 1947. Perhaps it meant so much to me because I lived on a farm that had ponds and streams, and what better way to spend a summer afternoon than to lie at the edge of pond or creek and imagine where that water might go, and what one might find.

The rhymes may not be great poetry, but they are not meant to be. They are catchy and roll along, easy to read and to say. The illustrations are terrific. A few folks fuss that some of the illustrations are black and white. That's just the way many books were back then. If disappointed, add your own color.

It is hard to be objective about a book that so captured my fancy, and perhaps my review is merely a way of saying thank you to Dr. Seuss for a lifelong delight.

No matter what body of water I may be near, I can still hear from the deeps the sound of the fish that go "glurk".
VINE VOICEon July 11, 2011
Dr. Seuss never ceases to please the reader, especially at any age. Though it may have been unfortunate that I had not encountered the complete bibliography of all of Seuss's works, but now have the opportunity to delve back and explore the exciting and humor of his literature with greater insight and enjoyment. Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! possesses those traits throughout the book and more.

With most Seuss books, it is best to read each and every one aloud in order to experience the wide-eyed and unpredictable characteristics of Seuss's stories or simple narratives that any reader will be able to grasp. In addition to the impeccable prose of rhythm and rhyme, the illustrations and the unique images that each page contain may appear far-fetched and something from another world that only Seuss could create. But for Seuss readers and aficionados, indeed, it is a Seussical world where the creatures and oddities exist of Guffs, snuvs, Bloogs, and the Vipper of Vip as well as a pool of purple elephants.

But upon completing Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! The fun and excitement has just begun. Or follow the words of Seuss, "And you don't have to stop. You can think about SCHLOPP. Schlopp. Schlopp. Beautiful schlopp. Beautiful schlopp with a cherry on top."
on February 25, 2014
This is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories. Even if the copy had arrived in horrible condition and taken forever to get to me, it couldn't have earned less than four stars simply for being a favorite story. However, the copy delivered to me was perfect, the story just as I remembered and my daughter, now four, enjoys it immensely; she references it when we go fishing at our local park. I love the enthusiasm and optimism that Marco (the protagonist) brings to fishing in a farm pond. The binding quality is good, as well, and barring bad behavior--children are known to occasionally suffer from lapses in judgement--I anticipate it lasting long enough for her to read to her own children one day.

In about thirty or forty years.
on January 12, 2017
I'm not sure why the pages alternative between full-color and black and white (literally every other page is completely colorless)... I'm still rating 4-stars because of the quality of the story, though. Excellent lesson for children and adults alike.
on March 26, 2017
I volunteered to read this to four classes 1st graders on Read Across America Day and then to a college poetry jam. It was a great story to encourage imagination among the 6-year-olds. I asked them to imagine what I was reading about before I showed them the drawings. Many kids said things like, "I knew it!" or laughed. Good interaction during the reading and afterwards a few kids asked it if they could find it in the library. The college students were amused and insisted that I show the pictures like I did for the children.
on June 21, 2014
I got this for my little ones because I hadn't seen it in the stores before with all the standard Dr. Suess classics. After having had it for years my kids still ask me to read this to them on a regular basis. It's not very long and it's not one of those books you cringe at reading over and over to your child. I would recommend it to any Dr. Suess fans out there.
on March 11, 2017
As a teacher I am always encouraging thinking and hard work and any book that reinforces that message is a win.
on March 13, 2017
My favourite childhood book! I can still recite the opening 10 pages from memory. It was a delight to see it in print again. I gave this book as gifts on International Book Giving Day (and kept a fresh copy for myself!)
on March 20, 2017
This is my favorite Dr. Seuss book. The artwork is stunning. Just wait until the page, "oh the sea is so full of a number of fish...!!!" I love reading this book aloud to kids. I love its message that anything is possible.