- Age Range: 8 - 9 years
- Grade Level: 3 - 4
- Series: Hyperion Chapters
- Paperback: 64 pages
- Publisher: Disney-Hyperion (April 15, 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0786812141
- ISBN-13: 978-0786812141
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.2 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#5,383,010 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #13531 in Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Chapter Books & Readers > Chapter Books
- #14474 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > School
- #27716 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Friendship
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Third Grade Bullies (Hyperion Chapters) Paperback – January 1, 1900
From School Library Journal
Grade 2-4AA contemporary chapter book about third-grade name-calling. Jake, who is big for his age, mercilessly calls Tina "Teeny Tina" just because she's short. Sally is also small, but she stands up to Jake. Every day, Sally and Jake proceed to think of new insults and ways to annoy one another. Their teacher is aware of the problem but has difficulty stopping the two from fighting. Finally, Sally and Jake surprisingly team up together to defend Tina against her bullying cousin who has taken her rollerblades. The lively dialogue stays nasty until the last page. There is a lack of depth in the characterization and no motives for bullying are explored. Black-and-white pencil sketches appear throughout. While name-calling is a problem, this book doesn't offer many insights into a solution.AJanet M. Bair, Trumbull Library, CT
Copyright 1998 Reed Business Information, Inc.
Browse award-winning titles. See more