Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 8,615 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11,072 reviews
on January 10, 2017
This is such a great series for children. My niece was so happy to get them, she's 10 and she read all 10 in 5 days. She ate them up, any book that can make a kid who has video games and a computer on hand choose it instead is worthy of buying.
on July 7, 2017
I am 11 years old and I have been reading this series over and over for 4 years! However they are not a challenge or a deep read they are just clever and happy. I chose to write a review on this one because it is my favorite but that applies to all the books. I was lucky enough to have the author visit my school 2 years ago and he said some people don't like his books because they are not deep enough. As much as reading a deep and challenging story is important what is wrong with something light and funny once and a while. I think that reading is reading and these books will put a smile on your face and there is nothing wrong with that, not only that, they very clever and they have a true story line aside to being silly! I highly recommend for kids 7-12 (or any age above 12 if you eat to read a good laugh out loud story) :) :) :)
on May 31, 2017
Getting me 9-year-old to read was harder than getting him to sit still at the dentist (no teeth pulled yet, or cavities, but you get the point!). He got one of these books and blew through it in a couple days, we got him the set and he literally couldn't put it down until he finished, he even read them more than once! He met and surpassed his reading goal on his own with no pressure from us for the first time. Thanks, Mr. Kinney, now my boy loves books!
on August 15, 2013
My grandson and I have read these books from the very first publication, we read them together. We have been to every movie and eagerly await the newest book being released.
The author has a unique way of identifying the angst of being a pre-teen.
This book tells the story of the movie in the same manner as the books. My grandson loved it.
My 6 year old son began reading "Wimpy Kid" books just as he was learning to read. Many times I would allow him to read before bed and would hear him laughing hysterically in his room. Now, 7 years old, he has read all of them and often will pick them up and read them again. They are silly, but the appeal to his age demographic was actually amazing to me. I didn't have to make him read... he wanted to read. And he loved them all. I would recommend the entire series to any parent of a child who is learning and becoming comfortable with reading comprehension.
on December 18, 2015
This particular purchase was a gift for a friends son, but I still have my 12 year olds sons book from 4 years ago. It's full of stories to be completed by your child and so funny to look back on when they're older. The hardback is very durable, has held up through a crazy (now 12 years old, as the photo shows:) ) boys toting it around and a move. I'll be holding on to this forever.
review image
on June 24, 2017
I bough these for my 11-year-old daughter. She absolutely loves them and I believe has read each of them at least twice! I personally can not figure out what is so great about them lol, but is long as she's reading and enjoys it, that's all that matters!! Hopefully they come out with a lot more books and very soon!
on July 17, 2016
My son loves reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and he enjoyed the movies as well. This book allowed him to see what goes into the making of the movies.
on May 6, 2014
"The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book" is an excellent choice. My 8 year-old son is a huge fan of the "Wimpy Kid" series and asked for this for his birthday. This book is very cute and silly, yet my child is doing one of the things many 2nd and 3rd graders hate doing-writing (a very important skill that is expected to be mastered in elementary school)! Youngsters get to create their own "book" in a way, as well as completing questions and answers
Examples- "Name 4 laws you'll pass when you get elected President", "predict your future", "plan the ultimate road trip". He got this book 5 months ago and still hasn't finished everything. Get your child this book- and you get them out of your hair (for a little bit)!