- File Size: 611 KB
- Print Length: 252 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Pigasus Books (March 8, 2015)
- Publication Date: March 8, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00UG9EHXQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,528,033 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $10.00 (67%)
Thirst Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 252 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
1. nice writing...nothing too fancy...straight-forward narration. story told from the pov of a multitude of characters...by multitude i mean more than one. heh! two's a crowd, right? story is told from many pov-s.
2. more than a few characters herein hail from other places, they are now living in the states, washington, d.c. and that area...several of them come from places in africa and this adds a flavor to the story seldom seen...unless you're reading petals of blood, the beautyful ones are not yet born...things of that nature.
3. i liked how sagnier incorporated elements of aa/na...a.a. specific...i've read a few stories, only a few, king's doctor sleep comes to mind, another i read after doctor sleep, the title of which i forget though i could track it down if pressed...say if electrodes were hooked up, generator used, as herein...where was I? yes...i've read a few stories that have the alcoholics anonymous elements in the story and that adds a flavor, like the characters from overseas, not often seen in a telling...so...it is refreshing, something new...adds that elements of...conflict. conflict over and above the main narrative line. so you either one, care about these people herein...or you're heartless, as the song has it.
4. i'll be looking for more from sagnier...give it a shot. i enjoyed the story.
The story twists and weaves between the lives of the multiple characters.....all of whom are as troubled as real people.....all of whom are consumed with the fails of humanity. Colin is a recovering alcoholic and has been sober for 10 years, but what he encounters in helping his lover find her daughter is enough to cause serious falling from the wagon. For every individual encountered, there is an agenda, be it hidden or exposed.
I feel inadequate to convey what I felt about this story. I appreciated the grip the book provided, enjoyed the twists and turns, never saw the outcome coming and felt character development was a really strong feature. I look forward to reading more of Sagnier's work.
Some of these characters resemble people we know. Others are types we hope we'll never meet. All are drawn in such vivid detail that, whether I liked them or not, I believed they had to do whatever they did.
Mr. Sagnier has expertly imposed the cliff-hanger style on these people, but it is not a formula. With drugs, alcohol, and corruption almost serving as separate characters, there is no certainty that anyone, even the hero and his cohorts, will enjoy a happy ending. All is not grim, though. There is humor here to keep the drama human.
I lost a good bit of sleep because I did not want to stop reading. This book was worth it.
The Thirst of the title is, of course, addiction. Everyone seems to have something they’re addicted to, be it drugs, alcohol, money or revenge… except (as Sagnier would say) for Mollie Catfish – she just wants it all.
There are a lot of characters, but each one is drawn so carefully, so full of life, that they never get confusing, that you never get the feeling he’s just throwing them in for the heck of it. Despite the topic, the book provides a tender, human, humane look at people and the addictions that make them do what they do.
Highly recommended. Can’t wait for his next book.
Forgive the cliche, but I couldn't put this book down.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
When is a detective not a detective? When he is a ten years sober recovering alcoholic researcher.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Kidnapping
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Crime