Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Thirteenth Chime (A Sense of Truth Book 1)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on March 27, 2011
ive been after this book for some time now! Ive tried waiting for it to come out on kindle but... i got impatient and axious. This is one of the most aweseome thriller / mysteries you can set your hands on. If you like anything paranormal or haunted with suspense and witt... you will love this book. Ive held my breath and laughed all at the same time through out this book. CANNOT wait to see what Emma Michaels comes out with next. I will be a lifetime fan of her writting. AMAZING writing and story. Loveable characters that you cheer for thru the book. I will buy anything she writes from here on out. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book!! :)
on June 27, 2012
When it comes to books that knock you out with every word there are just a few words that most authors look for is greatness. Without a doubt this had me guessing to see where the lines connected. By the time I finished the last line I wanted more, this book left me speechless and I had to tell myself that number 2 is out soon. Emma has given all bloggers out there hope of being published I love the fact she introduced me into this world (which I am now afraid of clocks and wondering what is inside. This was not your typical vacation that you hope for but a fight to who really did all the bad things and the suspense had me thinking all kinds of scenarios. I loved that Destiny could call up an ex and he comes, David has a hold on my heart after this one, he had me screaming inside telling him to go here and there. It was so crazy I believe my neighbors thought I was actually yelling at my phone and not the book. Having met with the awesomeness that is Emma in person i was able to think wow this red head has the stuff to become something out there and I can't wait to see what she can brings us. She has one of the brightest futures out there and I can't wait to see her again. I never thought that sense does matter in the end.
on July 1, 2012
The Thirteenth Chime is the first of a series involving the idea of "imprinting" in the supernatural, haunted house, ghostly way. The focus of this story is very intriguing. The thought of a grandfather clock that might just be haunted, and in a very dangerous way, is scary and made me wonder. The back story and history of both the building and clock were very well done as well, and I liked how the information was released intermittedly.

On the other hand, though I enjoyed the idea, I can't hold back the fact that the prose had a habit of being subpar compared to other published books out there. It's very "he did something, she did something" with a lack of style to the writing. The character interactions felt forced or stilted as well, which is funny because when the characters were by themselves their private thoughts and actions flowed well. I'm trying to think of a specific way to help the author break out of the habit of prose, but it could also be because it is her first book, I definitely plan on reading the second book as I love the idea of this series and want to follow it more.

The story itself was quite good, though it could have benefited from a few more layers, in my opinion. My favourite character was David, hands down, I'm hoping that it's just him who reappears in the next book because I felt like he was the most developed and interesting out of them all. I think the fact that he is an EMT reflects the situations he gets put in perfectly. It gives him experience in emergency situation, some first aid ability and support for his need to help people.

All in all I couldn't help but be reminded of Karina Halle's Experiments in Terror series, and I'd recommend this book to anyone looking for anyone searching for a similar idea of a book. I will admit Halle is a much better writer (but I pretty much worship her feet so that's to be expected). This book is horror and will send chills down your spine.

P.S. Apparently the author started out as a book blogger, so go her for making the jump.
on May 29, 2011
The Thirteenth Chime is a creepy little ghost story. A easy 145 pages readers will zip through this short story with little effort. Michaels created a unique and twisted tale about a haunting grandfather clock. This clock was the perfect object for the focus of this novel. Many naturally find these items dark and mysterious, and the use of the story is effectively and intriguing. The characters of this novel are not as well rounded and detailed as I would have liked. I felt that I did not truly know or understand the characters in actions and thoughts. Thirteenth Chimes's overall story is suspenseful and riveting that I usually expect to find in a mystery. The conclusion adds a extra twist that will promise for future additions for this story. Michaels promises a quick and entertaining read well worth your time.
on November 24, 2012
Read this book in one sitting and am VERY impressed. This is just my own opinion on the book but I thoroughly enjoyed getting sucked into the unique world that Emma Michaels has created. :)
on January 16, 2013
This book so such a page turner! Suspenseful, involved and thought provoking. This is one heck of a first book for Emma Michaels. I really enjoyed it!
on January 30, 2013
The Thirteenth Chime was not a bad read, but definitely for the "tween" audience.
A little elementary in its dialogue and plot.
on October 17, 2012
This story was really good, with an interesting plot and relatable characters. The Thirteenth Chime was certainly well worth the read!
on May 30, 2013
I am from Steilacoom, WA and whomever wrote this crud has ruined my town! Also I can't believe how horrible the writing is.