Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 132 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,106 reviews
on March 23, 2014
While he is always the painful introvert, MJK has found a very different platform with Perfect Circle. He certainly avoided being locked into the Tool margin with his talents and career. This is an album that you can get deeply into, even found myself able to sleep while listening to it. It is intense when it needs to be, not an over-expression of anger and frustration in every song. I love Tool but this is another, maybe an easier, calmer version and certainly that really rounds out the Maynard circle, perfectly.
on August 20, 2013
This album has some really great songs on it. However I find myself skipping a few. I will say with great confidence that Mer De Noms is far superior in comparison, since from start to finish I do not touch the forward button on my player. I think some highlights here would definitely include first and foremost, the opening track. WOW! I must say this is a ridiculously mind blowing track. Maynard executes the vocals with such feeling, whether soft or intense, he delivers the goods. Love the lyrics on it too. Love how it builds, how he starts growling "give this to me!! Mine! Mine! Mine!" towards the end... well, you'll see what I mean if you don't know yet. :) I really like Weak and Powerless too. Has a oddly familiar sound to possibly something Maynard has done in the past? Blue is a slightly more mainstream sounding track in my opinion, kinda grows on you though. I will say A Stranger is a true gem. I just get still when I listen to it. It has that effect on you. Short and oh so sweet. The Outsider also seems a little reminiscent of something he has done in the past. The Nurse Who Loved Me also grows on you. At fist I just thought it was a depressing somewhat dull version of that song but it actually grows sweeter with each listen. Pet is a somewhat lyrically disturbing song, heavy and really sad if you listen to the lyrics. But I really enjoy the guitar work on those riffs. Overall, I am happy that I got it but in no way does this album compare to their fist album as a whole. By the way, does anybody else miss the strings that were so fluidly streaming through most of the tracks on Mer De Noms??? I had really hoped when I first bought this album that those sounds would also be a part of it. Not so, to my utter dismay.
on May 5, 2017
A perfect album....no joke worth every penny. The noose is my favorite song but the whole album is unique and solid.
on February 27, 2014
This is an amazing album! Full of a variety of songs, several mystical and mysterious slow songs, even more upbeat songs, some heavy, but not crazy screamy death metal, beautiful melodies, outstanding vocals and harmonies, really impressive and thought provoking lyrics. Great love-making music! Features one of my favorite songs of all time, "Pet," as well as many others including "Weak and Powerless," "The Outsider," "The Noose," and "Blue." Really badasss album. If you've never heard them before, you should know that the brilliant front man of the amazing band Tool and the band Puscifer fronts this band A Perfect Circle as well. How does he do it all?... I don't know but he is absolutely BRILLIANT and an amazing singer/songwriter. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS EPIC ALBUM!!
on July 21, 2017
Too mellow, don't waste your money.
on January 12, 2017
Excellent sounding record. I originally purchased the regular printed vinyl of this and had to return two copies that had the same terrible surface noise in the same spots. Exchanged for this version (which is Music on Vinyl 180 gram btw) and the quality is insurmountable.
on May 11, 2016
This CD is perfection plus!!! The song "Gravity" at the end is one I replay frequently. It haunts me, even in my sleep. Thank you Maynard James Keenan, et. al. for such a beautiful set of compositions. I may be approaching 63 years of age, but I am so grateful that a couple of folks I met in the gaming world pointed me in your direction.
on March 1, 2015
Top to bottom the album deals with drug addiction from the perspective of the addict and all the different personalities and attitudes affected by just one person's addiction. This includes family, friends, caregivers and even those determined to wash their hands of an addict in their lives. A great straight forward rock album even without the subject matter. I can't think of a single reason an alt rock fan wouldn't want this in their collection.
on January 12, 2017
The album itself is great, the vinyl quality was deplorable. I had to return two separate copies for the exact same amount of noise in the same spots in the beginning on Side A & B. Exchanged for the imported Music on Vinyl version which is fantastic in comparison.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2014
There is no one to equal Maynard James Keenan. His eerily sweet tone emphasizes his dark, yet, imtelligent lyrics. If A Perfect Circle is merely a side project for him, he is near genius. Brilliant!