- File Size: 2898 KB
- Print Length: 171 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: March 23, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XTSL1YK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#106,406 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Travel > Central & South America > South America > Ecuador & Galapagos Islands
- #13 in Books > Travel > South America > Ecuador & Galapagos Islands
- #142 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Sports & Outdoor > Adventurers & Explorers
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $6.00 (60%)
Thirty Days In Quito: Two Gringos and a Three-Legged Cat Move to Ecuador Kindle Edition
|Length: 171 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I had fun discovering Quito with Kris and comparing and contrasting lifestyle differences between South America and the United States. This is a great read if you are considering a move to a completely different land, or even if you're planning a lengthy visit somewhere new and different. I think you could take Kris's lessons and advice and warnings and apply them in similar situations.
This memoir will have you laughing and sympathizing at the same time. Based on Kris's vivid accounts, if you go to Ecuador, be sure to experience a heladeria and Old Town, but beware of Frankenstein showers and marinated cuy!
Kris Loomis writes in a conversational style and takes you along on the journey as she and her husband adjust to life in Ecuador. From their one bedroom, fully furnished apartment (only, not so much), they set out on buses to explore Quito. Anyone who has spent time in countries that are 'basics only' can relate to spotty phone service, makeshift plumbing, and the absolute luxury that is hot water. The small victories such as ground coffee (testify, sister), an oven, or a helpful local can feel like major, major victories when you are living on manana time. The people of Ecuador come across as friendly and gracious. You feel as though they become your friends as well reading, and I think I need to resume my Spanish lessons so we can take a visit!
I can't wait for the next book in what I hope is a series from the author, as I need to see how Triplet adjusted to Cuenca!
3 Americans - 2 humans and a feline- and their
first 30 days in a new country! It is well written
and I always looked forward to picking it up again
at the end of the day. You will learn and smile as you read it! Enjoy!!!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Travelers & Explorers
- Books > Travel > South America > Ecuador & Galapagos Islands
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Biographies > Adventurers & Explorers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Central & South America > South America > Ecuador & Galapagos Islands