- File Size: 244 KB
- Print Length: 55 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Hilltop Press; 1 edition (May 31, 2017)
- Publication Date: May 31, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B071W9T554
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,440,614 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
This Crazy Thing I Call My Life Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
David and Jamie are now a real couple and it is only appropriate that their parents meet and get to know one another. While Jamie's parents are proud of their gay son and celebrate his homosexuality, David's parents are more closeted about their feelings. When these two families meet on a family gathering, it is easy to guess what the outcome will be!
Not discouraged by the eventful dinner and their first proper argument that follows, Jamie is determined to bring their families together and plots with David another family reunion. This time it is a parents-only reunion, because the boys have something else on their minds....
This Crazy Thing I Call My Life is ripe with funny situations and characters and it is a worthy sequel to the hilarious A Christmas Outing. If you like (British) humor and laughter, grab these two novellas and read them! Jonathan Hill is a great writer and entertainer. He, David and Jamie have the potential to give us a lot more laughter and are hiding plenty of new things in store for us. Somehow I feel it's going to be hot soon and this heat won't have much to do with the summer heatwaves!
Although technically a sequel, this works perfectly well as a standalone. As with ‘A Christmas Outing’, we see a sweet relationship develop between David and Jamie. But it’s their parents who are the stars of the show, with some very funny dialogue that is as bizarre as it is believable.
Jonathan Hill writes with a light touch but expertly crafts each character so well that their voices are authentic and easy to hear. You may even feel that some of them sound worryingly similar to your own family!
This is stand-alone, and follows on from A Christmas Outing. I don't think it actually matters which order you read these, but read them you must.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who bought this item also bought
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > LGBT
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > LGBT > Gay Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor