Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 3, 2013, 11:31:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 3, 2013, 11:33:26 AM PST
Colleen T. says:
I've been reading about the various television appearances that Ms. Quivers will (supposedly) be making to promote her book. The woman has not been in the studio with Howard Stern in nearly 9 months. She is home-bound, allegedly battling cancer after a large tumor was discovered in her abdomen. I'd say it's a little early in the game to be declaring the fact that "real food" saved her life.

That aside, Robin Quivers has admitted that she doesn't know how to cook. She partnered with a very talented chef, Gavan Murphy, to make a series of videos (look for them on youtube) titled, "Vegucating Robin". Mr. Murphy attempted to teach Robin various vegetarian recipes. Her cooking skills were laughable, but she was very good at gobbling down whatever he made. She chose to use the same title for the book, but excluded Mr. Murphy from the project. Had his name been on the cover, I would've considered buying it for his excellent recipes.

So, we have a very ill woman who hasn't been seen publicly in almost a year, was obese for most of her life (relying on ridiculous, trendy diets to lose weight, only to gain it all and more back again) couldn't cook to save her life and cuts her chef sidekick out of the picture when she tries to cash in on his teachings, and does her radio job via an isdn line from her bed while she's heavily medicated. Does she seriously think someone's going to take her diet/lifestyle advice?

It will be interesting to see how she and Howard Stern try to scam the public with the endless promotion of this project and whether she dares to show herself in the state she's in presently.

Posted on Feb 9, 2013, 12:51:39 PM PST
PNA52 says:
Why would anyone buy a book by a 60 year old woman who seems to have some strange ax to grind against anyone who eats a healthy, regular diet?

Posted on Feb 9, 2013, 7:14:32 PM PST
Bruno T. says:
For more revelations on Robin Quivers' strange behavior in recent months (and before), I would suggest a visit To Dawg's Saloon. It's funnier than the radio show.

Posted on Feb 9, 2013, 8:43:31 PM PST
This has to be a joke!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013, 12:27:55 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013, 8:56:53 PM PST
MikeC says:
she shoves coffee up her butt and thinks eating fries is being vegan. she's a joke

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 10:22:58 AM PST
Madipuppy says:
Gee, they seemed to "forget" about the fad liquid diet Robin went on to lose 90 pounds and then put back the 90 pounds plus another 90 more at least. Yeah, trust this overblown narcissist, go ahead if you dare.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 3:33:40 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 5, 2013, 3:34:03 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 27, 2013, 9:42:15 PM PDT
Robin is, if anything, of below average health for a woman her age. She is morbidly obese and has had health problems of sufficient severity that she has not even been able to ride a few minutes from home to work 4 hours a day, 3 days a week, for an entire year. She is consistently skeptical of western medicine and sane dietary practices, and we can see that her alternative is, at best, not helping her condition. It may be in fact have harmed it. The fact that she was able to get this book published is remarkable to me. You'd have to be insane to listen to a word Robin has to say on matters of personal health.

Posted on Oct 1, 2013, 10:05:19 AM PDT
Brett Buck says:
For decades Miss Quivers has chased on bizarre fad after another. As an example, coffee enemas," green drink", and "cleansing". Of course you feel "invigorated" after a coffee enema, you twit, it's forcing caffeine into your bloodstream in the most direct way possible. Crystal meth would have a similar effect.

She developed cancer *while she was on this diet*, and has prattled on for decades about Western Medicine being "poison". While maintaining her morbidly obese body. Then she had a massive tumor removed in the best hospitals in New York city, followed by the most advanced chemotherapy yet devised. Now she shills this book (written before her cancer) talking all about how her bizarre diet "saved her". Her own evidence strongly suggests that this fad diet is at best useless, more likely very unhealthy as any conventional nutritionist would tell you, and far from being "poison", Western Medicine is the only thing that is keeping her alive. Miss Quivers knows *absolutely nothing* about nutrition, and any notion that this diet is somehow helped her over cancer is is an outright falsehood since it predates her cancer. She doesn't even appear to be rational or able to evaluate the most obvious and ancient of quack medicine frauds, falling for them again and again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2013, 7:52:48 AM PST
scumby says:
Amazon removed my post about the 15 foundation

Posted on Dec 16, 2013, 3:40:39 AM PST
C. Power says:
One thing I find interesting. The moment a bad review is posted you can be sure to see a fake positive within 24 hours. What a joke

Posted on Dec 23, 2013, 10:24:21 AM PST
Brett Buck says:
The bit about the positive reviews is the result of a "reputation management" company. Their job is to counteract the effects of negative reviews, so naturally they are posting positive reviews. They're trying to protect various enterprises from all those bad people on the internet.

Posted on Jan 9, 2014, 11:29:30 AM PST
scumby says:
cancer -no. house arrest-yes
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Feb 3, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life
The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life by Robin Quivers (Hardcover - October 1, 2013)
3.6 out of 5 stars (181)