- Hardcover: 196 pages
- Publisher: Race Point Publishing (September 25, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1631064886
- ISBN-13: 978-1631064883
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 0.8 x 10.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 162 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,625 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
This Old Gal's Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 120 Easy and Delicious Recipes for Your Instant Pot and Pressure Cooker Hardcover – September 25, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Chili con Carne
This is a classic, flavorful chili made with beans and a touch of heat
1. On your pressure cooker, select Sauté or Browning and fully heat the cooking pot.
2. Add the olive oil, followed by the ground beef, to the cooking pot. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the beef is slightly browned, breaking it up well with a wooden spoon. Drain off the fat.
3. Add the onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeños. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Stir in the tomatoes, water, black beans, kidney beans, Worcestershire Sauce, fish sauce (if using), and cocoa powder (if using).
6. Lock the lid and close the pressure value. Cook for 10 minutes on High Pressure. When the beep sounds, wait 10 minutes, then release the remaining pressure.
7. Serve as is or select Sauté and simmer for a thicker chili.
The fish sauce and cocoa powder are flavor boosters.
Prep: 15 Minutes | Cook: 10 Minutes | Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ pounds (680 g) ground beef
- 1 large onion, dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 or 2 medium size jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces, or 794 g) whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 395 g) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 395 g) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fish sauce (see TOG Tip!)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (see TOG Tip!))
About the Author
Jill Selkowitz is a food lover, recipe creator, home chef, mom to Tonkinese cats, and creator of the popular pressure cooking blog This Old Gal. She lives in Los Angeles, California. Join This Old Gal online groups at www.facebook.com/groups/ThisOldGal and visit her blog at thisoldgal.com.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 75%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 162 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By the way, my #1 favorite recipe is her Greek Yogurt recipe. I eat this every single morning of my life - topped with about 3/4 fresh blueberries and a drizzle of local honey. SO VERY GOOD. I will never buy yogurt at the store again. This is far superior! Once you try it, you can't go back.
Overall, I am thrilled with this cookbook because it puts our favorite recipes in a place where my husband can find them too (explaining websites, etc., to him is exhausting). He fell in love with the cover and has gone through it with sticky notes already. This will be a go to in our kitchen.