Other Sellers on Amazon
This Means War (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Blu-ray Value Promotion
Purchase any three featured Blu-ray titles for a total price of $19.99. Restrictions apply, offer is valid for a limited time and while supplies last. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The story is beyond predictable, but that doesn't mean it's not worth "date night".
The movie is about two close friends. They are CIA partners, you know that there is a brotherhood that only forms when you put your life in someone else hands. That relationship is put to the test when they both fall for the same woman ... in walks femme fatal, Reese Witherspoon whose character contains that charm which has made Reese a mainstay in cinema.
The plot is a road-map that lists all the main attractions along the way. You know where it's going, everyone's been there before, yet you still have fun. This movie is above all else a romantic comedy. It has just enough action to help guys enjoy the movie with their girls. It throws in a bit of situation and physical comedy to keep it from being sticky sweet.
You'll probably know what's going to happen before it does. That's ok; and it's ok to laugh out-loud even when the jokes are completely obvious. Allow yourself to enjoy this no brainer comedy and you might even find yourself rooting for the inevitable evolution each character has.
Still not sure? Rent before you buy and decide for yourself, after all, no two people are alike.
I hope this was helpful. Enjoy!
If you liked my review and found it helpful, please vote. Thanks. :-)
One of the best lines in recent movie history delivered with perfect comedic timing.
Even though Reese Witherspoon is the headliner the buddy story is well played by Tom Hardy and Chris Pine. Oscar worthy? No. Entertaining. Yep. Not all movies have to have deep life changing meaning. Some are meant to be silly. This is one!
Director McG ("Terminator Salvation," and "Chuck") certainly knows how to open a film with a bang and never slow down. Even though this is a romantic comedy, CIA activities and skirmishes are couched in enough reality that we invest a little skin in the game. But the banter and camaraderie between two hunky heroes keep it cartoony and light. Furthermore, the conversations between our heroine and her best friend are hilarious, particularly when they are being overheard by the guys.
* Reese Witherspoon ("Water for Elephants") tests products and facilitates focus groups, but she hasn't quite recovered from her last break-up. Her best friend offers sage advice that positively drips with envy.
* Chris Pine ("Star Trek") is the smooth man about town, a CIA-trained lady killer with blue eyes you could get lost in. Problem is, Reese isn't about to fall. She may be tempted, but she won't fall. ...maybe....oops....
* Tom Hardy ("Inception") is the third side of this triangle, who pretends to be a travel agent, which contributed to the end of his marriage. Now he's competing with Chris Pine for Reese's affections and not doing too badly, either, despite being British...
* Chelsea Handler (lots of TV) is the best friend who keeps offering Reese all that bad, bad advice. She's so funny I'd probably try her suggestions, too! Hey, don't Volkswagens have air bags?
Once again we are confronted with a PG-13 film that is fairly anatomical, but it's so funny I guess I'll forgive them.Read more ›
Would recommend this movie to all romantics at heart, who also love action films.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This movie has enough action to keep men satisfied, and romance to flame the fire of any woman on a date night. Check it out!Published 5 days ago by Raul
I'll admit there were a few times I thought I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but definitely got better toward the end. Read morePublished 11 days ago by KLH
The pros and cons of online dating versus meeting someone face to face...with a couple of cute twists. It is a comedy so just sit back and enjoy.Published 15 days ago by Grandma S
Enjoyable comedy, and you'll like seeing Tom Hardy and Chris Pine in this one. Reese kind of hams it up, but it Hardy and Pine make up for it.Published 17 days ago by Lady77
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Comedy